Quote Originally Posted by kuno View Post
Yes, my difficulties in differentiating between Si and Ni have often led me to dilemmas between SEI and IEI. But whenever I focus on Ni matters, I tend to get headaches because I’m very bad with Ni (which happened to me last night after talking with my SLE friend about Ni).

Thank you for your input, I’m settling on SEI once again! It’s the only type that consistently fits me, I’ve realized.
For one thing you should never accept mbti descriptions to the functions as accurate because they are NOT
Si-your own experience of sensory information like your own perception of what you like and dislike for instance your own taste in ice cream; which flavor suits you; how you view a tree, for instance. As an Si type the details of the tree that you see should be relatively your own view not the actual tree itself with all it's details but what you view it is. Stand outside and look at a tree now close your eyes and re imagine the tree; do you see all the details of the tree or what you perceive it to be?
Ni-being attuned to events around them, will ask others about people's lives, what's going on with your sister etc; the unfolding story line and often has an intuitive sense of when it's necessary to act. So this perception is perception of events around them. like the IEI aunt who observes her teen niece getting emotionally caught up on bad internet relationships who wants to do an intervention for them. simply knows something without understanding how he arrived there because the've been attuned to the events around them. "IEI provides deep and meaningful insight into events and trends, particularly those that involve human synergy. At worst, the IEI can become lost in his own imagination, emotionally wounded, indecisive. The IEI's depth of imagination and emotion often goes unidentified by those around him, and this is perpetuated by the IEI's disinterest in broadcasting these traits."