I think he's ESTj.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i think IEE is probably the best choice for an EP 6, but i agree that EP and 6 are rather antithetical.
    Ok, so it's settled then, Jung was LSI.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    The whole notion of EP's being these free spirited adventurers is over-rated imo.
    Of course it is. Whoever says that is talking bullshit.

Think about delta values; many ENFp's have a conservative streak, despite having Ne in their ego block.
    Why do IEEs have a conservative streak?

Or consider Ti subtype ENTp's, who tend to be a little more grounded.

Consider what about them?

Also, don't forget that counter-phobic 6's can be quite the independent ones, especially when the sexual instinct is prominent.
    Sixes are neither phobic nor counterphobic; they swing between the two states. And if are not constant in their states, then any reason you have for a counterphobic to be a certain type because they are counterphobic is made void.

As for the ESxp's, 6 is probably a slightly less prominent type than in their Ne ego counterparts, but it is still far from infrequent imo. And there are definitely too many exaggerated connotations surrounding 6's (phobic, at least) concerning stability and loyalty, which is probably why so many people don't want to identify with that type, given the shitty quality of most online descriptions.
    Stability is very important to the Six. If they feel that there is some threatening phenomena in their environment, they will demonstrate complete rebelliousness to that same stability. Often this threat is generated by sheer paranoia. Sixes aren't inherently independent; they can't be, unless they're healthy. Loyalty to a person, idea or any other "thing" comes from the belief that said person, idea or thing will give the Six direction in life. However, if something threatens this peaceful contentment in an idea that the Six has created, they will react negatively, often completely overthrowing all beliefs, to fight the fear that their belief has been challenged (in effect, they remove the cause of the fear; that is, anything associated with the challenge to their belief, including their actual belief).

You're right, many of the online descriptions are poor, but some are actually very good. And those found in R&H's or Palmer's Enneagram literature are also very explanatory, and add far more depth and character to the Six.

I've also been pondering the idea of you being a cp6w7 (clean slate ) recently, simply based on the nature and tone of your posts. But I guess that's a topic for a pm.
    Go for it.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Of course it is. Whoever says that is talking bullshit.
    Yes.

Why do IEEs have a conservative streak?
    I said they can, based on delta values.

Consider what about them?
    Si seeking and more analytical, contained outlook.

Sixes are neither phobic nor counterphobic; they swing between the two states. And if are not constant in their states, then any reason you have for a counterphobic to be a certain type because they are counterphobic is made void.
    I was referring to patterns in an attitude, not claiming one state being consistent all the time.

Stability is very important to the Six. If they feel that there is some threatening phenomena in their environment, they will demonstrate complete rebelliousness to that same stability. Often this threat is generated by sheer paranoia. Sixes aren't inherently independent; they can't be, unless they're healthy. Loyalty to a person, idea or any other "thing" comes from the belief that said person, idea or thing will give the Six direction in life. However, if something threatens this peaceful contentment in an idea that the Six has created, they will react negatively, often completely overthrowing all beliefs, to fight the fear that their belief has been challenged (in effect, they remove the cause of the fear; that is, anything associated with the challenge to their belief, including their actual belief).
    Good, you understand the 6.

You're right, many of the online descriptions are poor, but some are actually very good. And those found in R&H's or Palmer's Enneagram literature are also very explanatory, and add far more depth and character to the Six.
    Ok

Go for it.
    The Ni is at work.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's got the exact same gruffness as John Wayne.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I said they can, based on delta values.
    Why are you under the impression that Deltas as a quadra hold conservative values? Furthermore, have you interacted with any of the IEEs on this forum to find out whether or not they hold the conservative values of which you speak?

Si seeking and more analytical, contained outlook.
    Yes, congratulations, ILEs are Si dual seeking. And I would by no means limit analysis and containment to the ILE, let alone to a certain subtype of the ILE.

I was referring to patterns in an attitude, not claiming one state being consistent all the time.
    With a response like that, you've clearly misunderstood to what I was referring, which is why you are wrong in your thinking that a counterphobic Six can be an EP.

Good, you understand the 6.
    I do indeed. Question is, do you?

The Ni is at work.

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Yes, this means he is LSE.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, this means he is LSE.
    No, it means he's LSE.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, Wayne is si estj too

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's ESTj.
    His almost fanatical Catholicism seems rather atypical of an LSE. Gibson does not seem put off by , but seems attracted to it, while at the same time many (if not practically all) of his movies deal with a revenge motif that drips with .
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    His almost fanatical Catholicism seems rather atypical of an LSE. Gibson does not seem put off by , but seems attracted to it, while at the same time many (if not practically all) of his movies deal with a revenge motif that drips with .
    I agree. That's part of the reason I suggested SEE. I could see some sort of Se IJ as a possibility I guess, but I have a Gamma impression overall.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Robot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj ; LSI-SE
    /

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think he's ISTp. The problem with this forum is they think everything evil and aggressive is Beta, so that's what you're all going to type Gibson as after having heard that rant of his. But guess what, mentally unstable people come in every variety of type.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat used to say revenge is a Te/Fi thing. For another delta ST that is into such themes, look at Bruce Willis (ESTj).

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he used to see it as an Se+Fi thing, in general. I remember him being disappointed with deltas being too likely to forgive troublemakers and reaching out to people who don't deserve it. Betas, in his system, would be very likely to enact severe revenge, but see it more as the culmination of a necessary act that is part of a larger system (because of their Ti valuing), and much less as something deeply personal.

IIRC.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Expat used to say revenge is a Te/Fi thing. For another delta ST that is into such themes, look at Bruce Willis (ESTj).
    I would agree about revenge.

And I don't like Bruce Willis.

ps. I mean hes fine, just a little overrated.
    Last edited by Park; 10-12-2010 at 01:34 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I think he used to see it as an Se+Fi thing, in general. I remember him being disappointed with deltas being too likely to forgive troublemakers and reaching out to people who don't deserve it. Betas, in his system, would be very likely to enact severe revenge, but see it more as the culmination of a necessary act that is part of a larger system (because of their Ti valuing), and much less as something deeply personal.

IIRC.
    That's one of the problems I had with his perception of Delta types. I don't think Deltas are any easier to forgive then Gammas or any other types, especially Betas, who are Fe-maximizing (/Ti-procedural) clowns. I can accept that maybe Deltas wouldn't care or pay too much attention to certain "wrongdoings" or injustice (as in social dynamics, respect, conformity, Fe-equality, whatever), especially if it doesn't concern them personally. But in no way do I support the generalization that Betas are vengeful and Deltas forgiving.

With slight modifications, your interpretation of Expat's Beta vengeance fits me perfectly:

...would be very likely to enact severe revenge, but see it more as the culmination of a necessary act that is part of a larger issue or something deeply personal (because of their Fi valuing).

Or in fewer words, don't tread on me.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering about EIE for Gibson. I would watch videos but my computer sucks and can't handle playing videos online. The only one left is my work computer but I feel guilty using it for those purposes. This problem isn't new and leads me to always just say my uninvestigated impressions about these things (though I am lazy, but I'm curious at the moment and I would act on that again atm if it wouldn't be the pain in the ass that it would end up being). Anyway other Se valuing extroverts (especially) wouldn't be out of the question for me at all.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE
    I've also heard ESE suggested before.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I was wondering about EIE for Gibson. I would watch videos but my computer sucks and can't handle playing videos online. The only one left is my work computer but I feel guilty using it for those purposes. This problem isn't new and leads me to always just say my uninvestigated impressions about these things (though I am lazy, but I'm curious at the moment and I would act on that again atm if it wouldn't be the pain in the ass that it would end up being). Anyway other Se valuing extroverts (especially) wouldn't be out of the question for me at all.
    I'm not entirely sure of his type but EIE was my first guess. I'd be hard pressed to believe he is weak at Fe from what I've seen; I'd doubt that anyone but an Fe dominant or Fe Demonstrative could maintain the sort of lively, emotive, animated, persona which he consistently projects
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe ISTp.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mel Gibson

When I last heard, some consensus was SLI.

Is it still that or something else?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh i thought the consensus was LSE...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The consensus on this forum appears to be LSE. I don't have a strong opinion on him myself.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm almost certain he's Delta ST, but beyond that, I don't know yet - I like LSE a bit more than SLI so far... Negativist, Demonstrative , reminds me a lot more of my LSE neighbor than my SLI drummer and SLI co-worker...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not entirely sure and was asking about this a while back too. I think ESE is possible, even EIE or LSE; he just comes off as incredibly emotionally passionate, nonstop; if it's not gesticulating it's constant explosive facial expressions. I also lean towards Jodie Foster being L*I and they're very close despite their opposing beliefs
    But yeah, I'm not entirely certain about his typing, but SLI seems really odd to me, he comes off Ej as heck
    Than again, he seems mentally disturbed, which would factor into this...
    EII INFj

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Ezra probably wants to type him SLE.
    I'm sorry Sir Kansas Fotos, did the honourable knight want to say something?

Gibbo likes honourable restraint too, he's just not very good at it most of the time.

GTFO out of my thread, loser.

*Edited by Azeroffs*
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-14-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Don't post pictures of users without their permission

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure and was asking about this a while back too. I think ESE is possible, even EIE or LSE; he just comes off as incredibly emotionally passionate, nonstop; if it's not gesticulating it's constant explosive facial expressions. I also lean towards Jodie Foster being L*I and they're very close despite their opposing beliefs
    But yeah, I'm not entirely certain about his typing, but SLI seems really odd to me, he comes off Ej as heck
    Than again, he seems mentally disturbed, which would factor into this...
    I don't think Jodie Foster is anything like him, but I see your other points. He is bipolar isn't he?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can only see ESTj for him. All the enneapeople say he's E6, but I don't see how that works for him at all. E8 would make much more sense imo.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE works. He seems attachment triad, 3 or 6; if not, then 1 or 8.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Jodie Foster is anything like him, but I see your other points.
    Oh I agree with you, I just thought she could be Ti dominant and thus if he is Fe base that could explain their longtime closeness

He is bipolar isn't he?
    From what I've heard
    EII INFj

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry Sir Kansas Fotos, did the honourable knight want to say something?

Gibbo likes honourable restraint too, he's just not very good at it most of the time.

GTFO out of my thread, loser.
    My, you're a touchy one Something the matter?
    "My" haha! You sound so gay.

SIR FOTOS TO THE RESCUE

*Edited by Azeroffs*
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-15-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Don't post pictures of users without their permission

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Defo not 1 or 8. Almost certainly 6, at times goes to 3. By Attachment triad what do you mean?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I don't think Jodie Foster is anything like him, but I see your other points.
    Oh I agree with you, I just thought she could be Ti dominant and thus if he is Fe base that could explain their longtime closeness

He is bipolar isn't he?
    From what I've heard
    Oh right okay.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Defo not 1 or 8. Almost certainly 6, at times goes to 3. By Attachment triad what do you mean?
    But why?

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wishful thinking. ^

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wishful thinking. ^
    Ashton you are a pathetic little man who still lives with his parents. And a closet gay. What could I possibly wish for?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What could I possibly wish for?
    That people would accept your shrill kvetching as that of an SLE.

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI for Mel Gibson, probably E6.

Ezra, you wanker!

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neverthesame View Post
    probably E6.
    But why?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neverthesame View Post
    probably E6.
    But why?
    He doesn't give off any of that energy of unshakeability that 8s always do. Same reason I could never buy Ashton as an 8. Gibson seems kind of nervous to me; volatile, sure, but more reactionary.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast