Thread: Enneagram Tritypes 5.0

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Yes, definitely agree with crazedrat as 468. I can't hold a candle to his batshit reactivity, although I'm not sure I'd call his mindset typical of anything lol
    Ok well NBS would be another triple reactive IMO for example. They just have that touchy edge, like they will hiss at you.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Ok well NBS would be another triple reactive IMO for example. They just have that touchy edge, like they will hiss at you.
    They both also happen to be IEI. Perhaps Enneagram has something to do with it as well, but it's probably in conjuction with Socionics and other factors that have nothing to do with any type related system imo.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pink.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    They both also happen to be IEI. Perhaps Enneagram has something to do with it as well, but it's probably in conjuction with Socionics and other factors that have nothing to do with any type related system imo.
    Yes but I think you can easily distinguish them from other IEIs like siuntal and starfall as being hyper-reactive and not as mellow/neutral as is the norm for IP temperament.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post

Pink.
    You have double anxiety. I see, I see.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Okay, okay.

… 854…

Apparently the "Scholar Archetype" according to that page you linked.
    Now all you need is Oprah glasses.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Yes but I think you can easily distinguish them from other IEIs like siuntal and starfall as being hyper-reactive and not as mellow/neutral as is the norm for IP temperament.
    True, it might be gender related as well. I notice even the mellow/neutral IEIs have a reactive side, but it only surfaces under the right circumstances unlike the reactive triad IEIs where it surfaces frequently instead.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, it might be gender related as well. I notice even the mellow/neutral IEIs have a reactive side, but it only surfaces under the right circumstances unlike the reactive triad IEIs where it surfaces frequently instead.
    My friend's dad is an IEI 9wsomething sp/sx, he's definitely not as reactive as 468s. I also think of an Sx 4 IEI like Fiona Apple (469 most likely), definitely not the same sort of knee-jerk reactivity like Rat or NBS.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My friend's dad is an IEI 9wsomething sp/sx, he's definitely not as reactive as 468s. I also think of an Sx 4 IEI like Fiona Apple (469 most likely), definitely not the same sort of knee-jerk reactivity like Rat or NBS.
    Yeah, being a 469 sx primary could result in a moderate level of reactivity compared to a 469 sp primary and a 468 sx primary. I imagine a 468 sp primary might have a similar level of reactivity as well. I'm not sure how this would manifest in a 469 or a 468 so primary though.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, being a 469 sx primary could result in a moderate level of reactivity compared to a 469 sp primary and a 468 sx primary. I imagine a 468 sp primary might have a similar level of reactivity as well. I'm not sure how this would manifest in a 469 or a 468 so primary though.
    I've seen Adele typed as an Sp 648, so I guess you could look at her for reference. I can't think of any 468 So types though.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae2point0 View Post
    You have double anxiety. I see, I see.
    Penis envy and ablutophobia.

Personality systems don't work for me I keep coming down with all sort of weird shit.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The contemplative"

That's probably good enough.

Maybe this isn't as bad as I originally thought it was.
    good bye

Creepy-pokeball

Penis envy and ablutophobia.

Personality systems don't work for me I keep coming down with all sort of weird shit.
    If you were a dude, how many wangs would you want to wield between your thighs?

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three and one under each armpit.

Creepy-pokeball

Three and one under each armpit.
    you could be the prize in lady chatterly 3D !

Creepy-male

looking on ashton's page I think 5-4-8 is accurate

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram...ml#post1808393
    5-4-8: more reactive and temperamental, such Fives find it harder to control their emotions than other tritypes. They are basically sensitive, reclusive and ingenious, occasionally indulging in (romantic) day-dreams and fantasies, but once in a while their fierce, visceral side reveals itself explosively and gets to surprise people who don’t know them well. These Fives are usually selfish and whimsical, considering themselves entitled to special treatment which they will sometimes claim aggressively. They are prone to mood swings and rage outbursts.
    typical subtypes: sexual, self-preserving, 5w4
    similar tritypes: 5-8-4, 4-5-8
    flavours: innovative, temperamental, egocentric and intense
    I feel like the description is somewhat exaggerated... the main title page of 548 makes it sound like "holy shit these people are insight teachers with a scholar insight and map of how people and society works, but completely arrogant assholes that are ultra intense"... I think that's a bit over-exaggerated. I can see the three main effects though -- you got the "internal map and scholar" aspect, you got the arrogance aspect, and you get the intensity aspect... but I think these don't have to be taken to the extreme in the description and various individuals will accentuate them in different ways and in different levels of extremity.

Regardless of whether I am 548, I do think 458 or 548 is a fitting type for the classical composer Beethoven and his music.

I would also consider 9 in place of 8 in the instinctual area -- something 8/9 and the interplay between those two instinctively fits me
    I would say 5/6 and the interplay between those two fits me mentally and with anxiety.
    I would say 4/3 and the interplay between those two fits me emotionally and with shame.

Creepy-pokeball

Ashton would not lead with 5, but he would be a 5 or 7 over 6. He would not be a 2, with 3 or 4 more likely. And, well, 8. So....

8(5,7)(3,4):

I highly doubt 873 without looking at the desciption. He would not be a triple within aggresive triad.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I wouldn't be going by type descriptions for this anyway. Plus no tritype profiles exist 'cept that thread, not much to work with.
    The Fauvres over at enneagram.net have an entire book on descriptions of all the tritypes, but I've yet to find any transcripts of it anywhere. Probably means someone has to go and buy the damn thing yuck ew gross

Not sure what the key diffs b/t 854 vs. 853 would be.
    I think of tritype differences like that in the sense of what triads each type belongs to, and which aspect of each triad is emphasized or de-emphasized because of it. The 854 has two withdrawn types, despite 8 not being withdrawn itself, and the 853 has two Competency triad types even though 8 is Reactivity. So either way you get the core fixation of an 8 colored with these other triads that may not necessarily correspond with the main type itself.

That said, I think double withdrawn makes sense for me as 649.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That test has consistently given me 6w5 4w5 9w8. If wings matter in tritype (I doubt it) then this is how I'd align them by myself.

Creepy-male

Yeah, It's obv. an aggrandized caricatural description—author thinks himself 5-4-8, so go figure. Kicking it down a few octaves and dispelling some of the fluff, the overall construal fits decent, albeit not much specifically pertains to 8-5-4 in this.
    This

I definitely think e8 fits instinctively for you without a doubt but I'd say you are more e8w7 than e8w9.

Thinking wise I think e5 isn't unreasonable but I think e6 is a possibility as well, the problem I have here is the following-- you seem to have good insights when it comes to society, economics, politics, and sociology/psychology and thus e5 doesn't seem unreasonable because of the insightfulness of your ideas but e5 by nature is a bit eccentric, withdrawn, and unique in their thoughts and approaches... you seem to have a more standard, balanced, reasonable, and socially aware type of thinking/philosophy. You also seem to do better at harmonizing your ideas with whatever group you see yourself part of, or when you don't harmonize with an individual seeing it more like a "us against them" thing rather than the typical e5 thought of being misunderstood for being visionary/unique. In some ways I kind of prefer e6 for you over e5-- there is a false assumption about e6's being loyal and dog like but really they aren't. I think the e7 attribute could be because of you being e8w7 and people confusing that.

Emotion/Heart wise I'm really confused over this, e4 doesn't seem to match you at all (no offense) but e4's are very melancholy and "grass is always greener", there attention is constantly shifting towards the ideal and unobtainable, when they have what they used to want they want something else. They are constantly searching for what is missing and much of their identity is defined by their flaws and unfulfilled desires. They also have this feeling of shame of being a fake or imposter and that people will peel away the faccade and reveal their true selves and they will be utterly judged as unworthy and flawed. You don't seem like this at all -- you seem much more e2, helpful and positive mixed with e3 which is competent and image focused. You tend to be more competent and positive and constructive and people focused than the e4 which is extremely self-focused, overly idealistic, and so forth.

I prefer something lik e8w7,e6w5,e2w3 for you, so that's 862 -- basically I see the least 1,4,and 9 in you. That's just my opinion. But you seem pretty expressive in terms of e8, all thinking types and 3/2

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

837 last I took the test.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

953 or 954. Triple withdrawn seems unlikely, so I'll go with 953.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

964 > 962, no particular order.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Emotion/Heart wise I'm really confused over this, e4 doesn't seem to match you at all (no offense) but e4's are very melancholy and "grass is always greener", there attention is constantly shifting towards the ideal and unobtainable, when they have what they used to want they want something else. They are constantly searching for what is missing and much of their identity is defined by their flaws and unfulfilled desires. They also have this feeling of shame of being a fake or imposter and that people will peel away the faccade and reveal their true selves and they will be utterly judged as unworthy and flawed. You don't seem like this at all
    Well of course he isn't like this, he isn't a 4.

I don't really see the secondary and tertiary types within a tritype being as immediate within the person's consciousness. The fixations in these second and third spots won't be as pronounced or fixated upon, as the primary fixation will always take greater focus. So for an 854 the 4 fixation will be much more peripheral, manifesting more as a sequence of other triads like Reactivity, Withdrawing, etc and so on, and not so much the key fears surrounding identity and uniqueness.

Creepy-pokeball

Thinking of this tangent, 7s are described as furthest from shame, hence their love/hate affair with 3. The same could be said of 2 and 6, as well as 4 and 8. So, if one is a primary 6,7,8, then would shame be placed last, as they are the least shame-oriented, verging towards anger or anxiety. On each extreme of this book shelf lies the withdrawn 9 type, with their repression of anger, and the withdrawn 4 and 5 types, with their, respectively, expression of shame and neuroticism over shame.

Creepy-male

Well of course he isn't like this, he isn't a 4.

I don't really see the secondary and tertiary types within a tritype being as immediate within the person's consciousness. The fixations in these second and third spots won't be as pronounced or fixated upon, as the primary fixation will always take greater focus. So for an 854 the 4 fixation will be much more peripheral, manifesting more as a sequence of other triads like Reactivity, Withdrawing, etc and so on, and not so much the key fears surrounding identity and uniqueness.
    Yea I understand that, I still took that into account when I gave my opinion.

The assertion that 4-last wouldn't still express all element and themes of the type I disagree with, I think it would still express these but to a lesser extent. What you are saying seems to suggest the core description and expression of a type changes as it becomes less expressed consciously... I think this is a ridiculous argument-- its comparable to saying that when one fades the color red it becomes blue. This isn't true-- when one fades the color red, it still is red, it's just a less vibrant form of it-- but it still retains its defining characteristics and properties. You've given no persuasive argument for why a type's essential themes and elements should change when it becomes placed last...

So for an 854 the 4 fixation will be much more peripheral, manifesting more as a sequence of other triads like Reactivity, Withdrawing, etc and so on, and not so much the key fears surrounding identity and uniqueness.

Why? because you've authoritatively stated that it "will be" this way and "not so much" this other way. Maybe you could explain what you mean by it being manifested as a sequence of other triads (I'd be intrigued), and why it's expressed this way as opposed to another way.

The entire heart-fix is focused on feelings of unworthiness and shame and the psychological mechanisms which people develop to manage and mitigate these. Each type represents a unique strategy towards this aim and thus defines a personality. The fears the e4 has surrounding identity and uniqueness are part of that core strategy that is characteristic, if the strategy were different in terms of dealing with shame and unworthiness then you'd have a different type. A person with heart fix last doesn't mean (in my understanding) that this core strategy changes, it means this whole arena is given little conscious focus relative to other arenas (gut-fix and head-fix).
    Last edited by male; 10-28-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Creepy-male

Thinking of this tangent, 7s are described as furthest from shame, hence their love/hate affair with 3. The same could be said of 2 and 6, as well as 4 and 8. So, if one is a primary 6,7,8, then would shame be placed last, as they are the least shame-oriented, verging towards anger or anxiety. On each extreme of this book shelf lies the withdrawn 9 type, with their repression of anger, and the withdrawn 4 and 5 types, with their, respectively, expression of shame and neuroticism over shame.
    Yes I think this makes sense, one thing to notice about the enneagram is the utilization of wings. The basis for this is that types next to each other are so similar that sometimes one's personality is characterized by a slight fading between two types with one being the more dominant.

If one were to logically accept this fact then it follows that their has to be a fading between all adjacent types and thus a sequence develops 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,etc...... and as one moves through that sequence psychological characteristics and issues are slowly faded and transmuted into other characteristics, until one arise back at the starting point. This is why a circle is a good diagram for the system, as it expresses this cyclical nature. Looking at the e7 and e8 these are furthest separated from the heart fix -- and thus one could expect they are the furthest detached from shame and unworthiness. This empirically makes sense as the e7 and e8 are very action oriented types that are prone to makes moves more than linger on any particular thing -- the e7 makes moves for mental stimulation and positively moves forwards to power through negative things and arrive at the next stimulating thing, while the e8 makes moves for power and aggressively powers through adversity. Neither of these kinds of personalities would overly fixate on the areas of concern with the heart fix.

A similar thing was pointed out about the e4 and e5 types being furthest from the gut fix and thus it was expected they would be gut fix last. Being withdrawn and feeling out of touch with their instincts.

We could use the same reasoning to assert that the e1 and e2 types are furthest from the head fix and we would expect they would be head fix last. Prone to not be obsessively analytical and anxious about things.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tests give me the old 837, but there's no way in hell I'm triple aggressive. 825/852 rings true but 2 and 5 are points of integration/disintegration anyway. I'm unclear on the difference.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have to check out that test I posted before, someday. Oh, and woofwoofl, you seem E7 to me, that would be my first bet, followed by E3, like Snaps, but something is off there, that is, Snaps, actually can be E2 over E3, but I can be wrong.

Just wanted to say that on this forum doing some weird Enneagram.
    Last edited by Absurd; 10-29-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I understand that, I still took that into account when I gave my opinion.

The assertion that 4-last wouldn't still express all element and themes of the type I disagree with, I think it would still express these but to a lesser extent. What you are saying seems to suggest the core description and expression of a type changes as it becomes less expressed consciously... I think this is a ridiculous argument-- its comparable to saying that when one fades the color red it becomes blue. This isn't true-- when one fades the color red, it still is red, it's just a less vibrant form of it-- but it still retains its defining characteristics and properties. You've given no persuasive argument for why a type's essential themes and elements should change when it becomes placed last...
    I'm not saying that a type's essential themes would change necessarily when secondary or tertiary, rather that they'd just be pushed to the sidelines, de-emphasized in favor of the more prioritized fixations. For example, I wouldn't imagine an 854 to obsess about how melancholic or unique they are, nor a 739 to pride themselves on their peace-loving nature. Sure they may be passive elements to a type's self-perception, but I can't imagine them completely filling up the foreground in the same way that the primary fixation will.

Why? because you've authoritatively stated that it "will be" this way and "not so much" this other way. Maybe you could explain what you mean by it being manifested as a sequence of other triads (I'd be intrigued), and why it's expressed this way as opposed to another way.
    Sorry if I'm coming off as authoritative, I'm just talking from how I see things.

As for the other triads, you can read them in detail here: http://www.fitzel.ca/enneagram/index.html
    It's the same sort of premise that several people in here (myself included) have been saying for calling a type "triple reactive" etc. Since each type has its own unique set of triads, the premise of having three different types would result in these sets of triads compounding upon each other when duplicated/triplicated, or diminishing in presence when by themselves. So a 2 with a 216 tritype will show particularly strong Compliant characteristics as all three types are Compliant, and the other 2 triads like Positive Outlook, Rejection, etc. will be pushed more to the background. Conversely, a 2 with a 279 tritype will be have very pronounced Positive Outlook, with diminished Compliant/etc triads. Or so goes the theory as I understand it.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok found it:
    Thinker Archetype

intellectual and clever, you find amiable and pleasant ways to manage difficult situations and relationships. often shy, you are slow to fully trust others and need time to more fully reveal yourself.

your life mission is to use your ability to unite opposing points of view, find compromise and create workable solutions. a true advocate (also, thinker), you are happiest when you can use your skills to be helpful and judicial.

your blind spot is that you can be so reserved that your true nature remains hidden and underexpressed which can cause you to appear aloof and indifferent. to feel in control, you may use withholding and punishment.

your growing edge is to recognize that your need to pull away and be a spectator before engaging denies you the opportunity to more fully be. true wisdom comes from following your higher guidance, revealing yourself to others and participating in life.

The 135, 358, and 359 tritypes are naturally inclined to be tenacious and persistent.
    I'd say that I show persistence in regard to goals and ideas, pursuing them until I'm satisfied I've learned all I can from a particular pursuit (3) or avenue of inquiry (5). And with people as well: I tend never to give up on people. I tend to avoid conflict and wait (often passively) for the other person to "come around." (9)
    359s are very incognito for the most part....but the 3 wants the attention even if the 5 and 9 are reluctant.. It is an interesting dichotomy.

The 3,5 and 9 all conceal who they are in favor of who they think they need to be. 3 adapts to their environment to give us their best image, the 5 wants camouflage to hide detection to feel safe and the 9 wants to match their environment and go along to get along. The 359 needs to adjust to avoid detection and scrutiny.

the 359 is private and introspective and often pairs with a more assertive outgoing type like the 1 or 8.

I have to laugh as the 359s may not want to respond. They have reported a strong sensitivity to exposure.
    I think 3-5-9 may expose him or her self if it is done say in one's writing in the name of academic or theological inspiration to others. We might describe our Dark Nights; however, immediately rush ahead to the good part where we overcame the darkness with our keen and wise mind and all is hunky dory now.

Calling all 359s... do you notice the need to conceal your true feelings from others?
    I feel the need to conceal my true feelings from myself.
    I smile when I read this. It is amazing to me that other 359s have something very similar. I need to add that 359s have a great sense of humor that is dry and witty.
    The above is actually a true statement. I really have a difficult time with feelings. I feel things like enthusiasm, bursts of love and insight, and discomfort. There is a person in my life that makes me feel really upset. Instead of sadness or anger; whenever she comes around I get a migraine...
    Do we have feelings?
    Yes... or so I am told, tucked away in separate locked boxes.

The 935, or 539 is a very mediating tritype, this is the person who wants to mediate conflict amongst people in a detached way, less inclined to be fluid and artistic but is rather personable and detached. You can get kind of a robotic feel much like the 531.

359 Tritype is very hidden.

935 tritype: calm, composed, professional and slightly hidden

The sx 359 is as you describe...It is the shy 3 that is more covert and internal but still has a great need to be seen and admired for achievements... and focuses on being the ideal image of femininity (or masculinity).

(3)-5-9 - The Withdrawn 3
    3-(5)-9 - The Normative 5
    3-5-(9) - The Competent 9

This tritype is a dreamer of sorts, but also somewhat intellectual. They have many ideas of what they would like to happen in their life, and may construct plans to accomplish it, but an isolationist.

Another example; if someone is a 3, they may have a tritype of 3-5-9. This means that once the 3 has exhausted their main type strategies (image maintenance, solution orientation, efficiency, self promotion, etc) they will move to the head center and utilize the strategies of the 5 (cerebral reflection, theorizing, withdrawal, and avarice, etc.) in order to gain the results they need. If 5 strategies don’t work they may move to the strategies of the 9 (placating, merging, passive aggression, etc). It has been my experience that the tritype seems to play itself out most obviously in relationship with others..

Another 9 may have the 935 or "The Thinker" Tritype that will present very differently according to Fauvre. The 935 will utilize the Type 9 strategy as dominant, but after exhausting wings and lines of connection will move to Type 3 and become more expedient, professional or image focused, and then to Type 5 and become more cerebral, remote and concealed. This Tritype combination will seem significantly different than the 927.

A 9-5-3 would be the kind of 9 who is more intellectual (5), perfectionistic and focused on efficiency (3) with less of an emphasis on maintaining harmonious relationships than other 9s.

5-9-3: Most success-oriented Five. Needs prestige, especially if SOC.

five with a nine fix: pattern seeking above all. whimsical exploration,
    disposition of reluctant idealist. open minded,
    philosophical perspective. can seem to lack focus
    while associating groupings of information into larger
    theories. likes people and humanity as a whole,
    shares ideas and is relatively easy to get along with.

5-3-9: these Fives might strike others as rather pleasant and cooperative persons, but they are usually more ambitious and purposeful than they let on. They are goal-oriented individualists who dream of achieving an impressive and long-lasting success in their field – they secretly desire becoming famous and leaving their mark on the world. These Fives are also more dependent on outer validation than others – they care more about their image and the way others perceive and react to them, therefore they might seem a little more conventional and mainstream in their behavior.
    typical subtypes: social, self-preserving, balanced wings
    similar tritypes: 5-9-3, 9-5-3
    flavours: cunning, congenial, goal-oriented and flexible

5-9-3: these Fives are naturally diplomatic, peaceful and somewhat charismatic. They care about harmony and balance and are a bit anxious of people’s rejection and disapproval. Very sentient and tactful, they know how to reach their objectives without causing much fuss around them – they go with the flow and adapt to people and situations in a facile manner. They’re the type of people that others don’t see coming, skillfully speculating opportunities to their advantage while keeping a low profile.
    typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 5w6
    similar tritypes: 5-3-9, 9-5-3
    flavours: tactful, well-mannered, collected and adaptable

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just found out my SLE brother (who turned 14 yesterday) is 3w2-7w8-1w2.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On second thought, this one sounds more like me (except maybe the "interest in people" thing) than the 59x types and the other two 51x. I don't know how realiable they are, though.

5-1-2: these Fives could make great teachers – they are precise, ethical, thorough, disciplined, but also altruistic and willing to help other people. They are usually moral and righteous individuals, who have high ideals and are willing to stand by a cause they believe in. Their interest in people and commitment to knowledge and improvement can turn them into crusaders for theories and systems that can make the world a better place, sometimes at the cost of their own physical and emotional needs.
    typical subtypes: social, 5w6
    similar tritypes: 5-2-1, 1-5-2
    flavours: idealistic, conscientious, principled and ethical
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I just found out my SLE brother (who turned 14 yesterday) is 3w2-7w8-1w2.
    Tritypes dont have wings, because wings imply something entirely different, as they can go beyond each primary triad that enneagram attempts to describe from the 3 primary types of fear of the ancient brain (shame, anxiety, anger).

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Test came out 8w7/6w5/3w4. Disintegrating to 5 and integrating to 2 kinda makes sense. 8 as being less about solely exerting control than I first thought and being more about resisting control being imposed upon yourself from an outside source makes 8 make more sense to me than it did before. And then there was how I was in all of those bands years ago. Gotta read and think and shit now aaarrgh was expecting some permutation of 7-1-3 and I don't think I want all hell breaking loose here...
    I've suspected there to be some ESFP 8's every so often, just because they're so animalistic at times, though I could be wrong. Originally I was thinking people like Dulph Lundgren, but he could also be a 3 or a 7 so its hard to say. Based on some of your interactions in tinychat I can see 8 as a possibility, but I'm also thinking 3 because Fi ego is hard to imagine with E8's who don't care about how they come off to others.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tritypes dont have wings, because wings imply something entirely different, as they can go beyond each primary triad that enneagram attempts to describe from the 3 primary types of fear of the ancient brain (shame, anxiety, anger).
    Yeah, but letting him have wings in his tritype was an easy fix to the problem of choosing one over another.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't we have wings - let us fly! Wings still make sense here...

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Why don't we have wings - let us fly! Wings still make sense here...
    I understand Abbie's point in her scenario, but explain your point, por favor.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tri-type describes a of sequence of stress reactions - one where movement through the tri-type shows the full elastic action of the personality to stressors. I could see that this elastic action can easily move through the tri-type stress crushes its way into the person so that wings are activated

Imagine the wings as the "marbling" of id/ego/superego through the tri-type, like fat on a steak. I can still see wings making sense.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast