View Poll Results: Who is the best vote?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeb Bush

2 3.57%
  • Ben Carson

1 1.79%
  • Chris Christie

0 0%
  • Ted Cruz

4 7.14%
  • Carly Fiorina

1 1.79%
  • Jim Gilmore

0 0%
  • Lindsey Graham

0 0%
  • Mike Huckabee

1 1.79%
  • Bobby Jindal

1 1.79%
  • John Kasich

0 0%
  • George Pataki

0 0%
  • Rand Paul

1 1.79%
  • Marco Rubio

0 0%
  • Rick Santorum

0 0%
  • Donald Trump

13 23.21%
  • Hillary Clinton

7 12.50%
  • Martin OMalley

1 1.79%
  • Bernie Sanders

24 42.86%
  • Other - Independent

0 0%
  • Other - Green

2 3.57%
  • Other - Libertarian

2 3.57%
  • Other - Other

0 0%
  • Suck it

11 19.64%
  • I made an extra option

2 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 US Election

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don't think it's right, but it doesn't compare with the Trump situation. This is a woman on an airplane, there is nothing preventing her from speaking up and saying no. And a boxer is a real profession with definite standards. If you walk into a cage fight and then you are getting elbowed wrongfully maybe you should leave the cage. And honestly the entire exchange is fundamentally exploitative, if you're willing to exploit people on that level it's hard for me to sympathize with you, you allow it to continue willfully. You are actually agreeing to it in a way.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Politics are divisive, I hope we can all be friends

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I like Van Jones a lot and watch him whenever I get a chance. He is funny and intelligent. Everything he says here is true.

... I suggest you watch this. I bet you would have jumped on what Van says here if it was Obama's character under the microscope. You would not have dismissed it then.

It is hard enough for the average woman to accuse the average man of inappropriate behavior and I know this from talking to many women over the years. I worked in an industry where sexual harassment, by the employers, was just part of the job and tolerated because women were trying to get through school or had kids to support. I am sure you can imagine what it would be like to accuse a sue happy billionaire of inappropriate conduct unless they have some support system. He threatens to destroy people's lives in a court of law. When it is your word against the other you feel like why even bother especially if it is someone who is well liked by a lot of people. Think of Bill Cosby.

I am not talking about chemistry or mutual attraction.
    I realize you have had some kind of bad experience with entitled men. Also I get a Bill Clinton/Bill Cosby connection - they are both charming, entitled, and disgusting. Trump has his issues that make him unlikable, but I am not getting a disgusting read on him, myself.

I have to say, I HATE watching videos like this, or things like most every "news" commentary on TV. I would RATHER READ. I can skim fast, especially when I see where its going. So I normally would NOT watch this without a compelling reason. I did it for you. I watched 2 minutes, and thought, I know what he is saying already, why watch the rest? So I started to write what I saw happening in the 2 minutes, and say to you, if this is all he is saying in these 13 minutes? Because, if so, I do NOT want to watch it.

Then, unfortunately, I thought I should watch it. Oh boy. He DID say in 13 minutes the SAME THING he said in the first 2. He calls Trump's comments, above, evidence of him "committing a SEX CRIME".

See, reading is better. If you see where it going in the first two sentences, you can skim the article in seconds to see if that is so or not. In a video, you are captured and tied down for that whole 13 minutes.

I already wrote very clearly what I thought of Trumps stupid comments. Nothing Jones has to say has anything to do with my thoughts, so I am confused why you posted it after my comment - or did you not read my comment?

Jones is just saying his opinion that Trumps adolescent groping is a sex crime, and then goes 11 more minutes not backing that up with anything at all. He just ties in his unsubstantiated opinion with an issue that has nothing to do with that. If Trump was black it would be different. Well, yes. And yes black's experience prejudice and yes its unjust and not right - but it really doesn't have anything to do with this issue. Jones is just using the issue to segue into his own soapbox issue, that's all. When he said, twice that Obama had to be "perfect" to get into office, I realized that for sure, this guy is not so intelligent as you think Aylen*. Ug. Sorry. I am not inspired to listen to this guy again.

*[The other option is that he thinks all his watchers can't think, so, he can tell them what to think].

I have a lot going on here. I wish I had not thought that watching that video would be a good way to relax.

Well at least I learned I am not going to watch another video posted here on 16T without a compelling reason.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 10-26-2016 at 03:54 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I realize you have had some kind of bad experience with entitled men. Also I get a Bill Clinton/Bill Cosby connection - they are both charming, entitled, and disgusting. Trump has his issues that make him unlikable, but I am not getting a disgusting read on him, myself.

I have to say, I HATE watching videos like this, or things like most every "news" commentary on TV. I would RATHER READ. I can skim fast, especially when I see where its going. So I normally would NOT watch this without a compelling reason. I did it for you. I watched 2 minutes, and thought, I know what he is saying already, why watch the rest? So I started to write what I saw happening in the 2 minutes, and say to you, if this is all he is saying in these 13 minutes? Because, if so, I do NOT want to watch it.

Then, unfortunately, I thought I should watch it. Oh boy. He DID say in 13 minutes the SAME THING he said in the first 2. He calls Trump's comments, above, evidence of him "committing a SEX CRIME".

See, reading is better. If you see where it going in the first two sentences, you can skim the article in seconds to see if that is so or not. In a video, you are captured and tied down for that whole 13 minutes.

I already wrote very clearly what I thought of Trumps stupid comments. Nothing Jones has to say has anything to do with my thoughts, so I am confused why you posted it after my comment - or did you not read my comment?

Jones is just saying his opinion that Trumps adolescent groping is a sex crime, and then goes 11 more minutes not backing that up with anything at all. He just ties in his unsubstantiated opinion with an issue that has nothing to do with that. If Trump was black it would be different. Well, yes. And yes black's experience prejudice and yes its unjust and not right - but it really doesn't have anything to do with this issue. Jones is just using the issue to segue into his own soapbox issue, that's all. When he said, twice that Obama had to be "perfect" to get into office, I realized that for sure, this guy is not so intelligent as you think Aylen*. Ug. Sorry. I am not inspired to listen to this guy again.

*[The other option is that he thinks all his watchers can't think, so, he can tell them what to think].

I have a lot going on here. I wish I had not thought that watching that video would be a good way to relax.

Well at least I learned I am not going to watch another video posted here on 16T without a compelling reason.
    Sorry to have stressed you. I just wanted your honest unfiltered reaction to what he was saying.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by replica View Post
    This

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Sorry to have stressed you. I just wanted your honest unfiltered reaction to what he was saying.
    Its okay. I just feeling easily stressed which is why I should step back from 16T a bit because I need to be doing various things. I actually don't even care much about the election except as a curiosity, because I think its rigged - we will get whoever they want us to have.

LOL, you got my unfiltered reaction!

I am steeped in news in my life, good and bad - the bad being the sudden and unexpected downturn in my Mom's health, the good is all the generous help and consultation we are getting about it, and there are lots of changes - suddenly we are doing everything differently. Good news is my son will be here for a week at Christmas, and maybe Thanksgiving too. My brothers might come in these coming months too, from all the far off points they are - NY, AZ, FL - to see what could be the last time they see their Mom... Also today, while we are feeling bad about her deterioration, and also after an exhaustive failed struggle together this morning trying to get her in a wheelchair and then out the door and in the car for what I had hoped would be a special, fresh air, beautiful fall walk over the nearby dam (When we told he nurse today the trouble we had, she ordered us a physical therapist to examine her and advise us!) - the mail arrived, a huge flat package. My cousin sent a stack of old paintings - portraits and landscapes, and an animal pen and ink, that she did in college, in those golden years she often fondly remembered. I never saw these particular paintings, but I recognize her emerging style in them, and it was a really refreshing and happy to see them - today, especially.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Its
    I am steeped in news in my life, good and bad - the bad being the sudden and unexpected downturn in my Mom's health, the good is all the generous help and consultation we are getting about it, and there are lots of changes - suddenly we are doing everything differently. Good news is my son will be here for a week at Christmas, and maybe Thanksgiving too. My brothers might come in these coming months too, from all the far off points they are - NY, AZ, FL - to see what could be the last time they see their Mom... Also today, while we are feeling bad about her deterioration, and also after an exhaustive failed struggle together this morning trying to get her in a wheelchair and then out the door and in the car for what I had hoped would be a special, fresh air, beautiful fall walk over the nearby dam (When we told he nurse today the trouble we had, she ordered us a physical therapist to examine her and advise us!) - the mail arrived, a huge flat package. My cousin sent a stack of old paintings - portraits and landscapes, and an animal pen and ink, that she did in college, in those golden years she often fondly remembered. I never saw these particular paintings, but I recognize her emerging style in them, and it was a really refreshing and happy to see them - today, especially.
    Sorry to hear about you mother but I am happy to hear your son is visiting since I know how important it is for you to have family there for holidays. Don't forget to take care of yourself too and get some rest.

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

More fruits of Trump's demolishing Hilllary at the third date, he takes lead in Florida.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/26/politi...trump-clinton/

Sure, all Bernie liberals. Hillary is such a stinker. So manipulative. She never offered a shred of evidence for her batty Russia hacking conspiracy theory.

Flush, flush...

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one gave me a laugh : https://i1.wp.com/freedomandprosperi...mp-Humor-6.jpg

(Feel free to post it here - for some reason I am not able to post pics in posts)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This one gave me a laugh : https://i1.wp.com/freedomandprosperi...mp-Humor-6.jpg

(Feel free to post it here - for some reason I am not able to post pics in posts)
    You can post pics in posts, just click on the image icon and put the link of the image on it. The same goes with videos where you click on the video icon instead.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    You can post pics in posts, just click on the image icon and put the link of the image on it. The same goes with videos where you click on the video icon instead.
    Thanks for the suggestion, Raver. When I try to post a picture in a thread like that, clicking on the image icon and putting in the url of the image, I get a pop-up window (which won't go away easily, and, I can't do anything at all until I get rid of it) that says this:

error: exceeds your quota by 201.8kb <a href+"misc.php?do=attachments" target=_blank">Click here to view your attachments</a>

I want to say there is no place to click and view attachments. You can only click okay. And then it pops back up to ask you if you are sure, as if there were any other options, and you can';t go on til you say you are sure.It just won't let me post any kind f picture. That particular message was for a smaller picture i found: http://www.toonpool.com/user/21995/f...re_2599175.jpg

This doesn't happen when I change my signature picture with the forum actions.. It accepts pretty much every picture I try to post there, but I cannot post any picture in a post on a thread.. Which is a bummer for me, because I think visually, a lot. Sometimes I want to post a pic instead of a message! But its not possible.

I have tried finding the tiniest images to post, but no matter how small, it "exceeds my quota". It tells me how much it exceeds my mysterious quota, though. The Jesus/trump pic I linked exceeds it by 116.3

And even this very tiny image here (and its very very difficult to find very tiny images):http://www.marinet.org.uk/archive/ar...mages/dudi.jpg exceeds my quota by 1.7 KB.

Is that tiny image even 1.7 KB? It really seems like my posting "quota" for a picture in a thread must be zero? How are these mysterious "quotas" determined, anyway?

I am explaining this hoping someone can tell me why I have this problem on this site, which I have had for awhile now.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestion, Raver. When I try to post a picture in a thread like that, clicking on the image icon and putting in the url of the image, I get a pop-up window (which won't go away easily, and, I can't do anything at all until I get rid of it) that says this:

error: exceeds your quota by 201.8kb <a href+"misc.php?do=attachments" target=_blank">Click here to view your attachments</a>

I want to say there is no place to click and view attachments. You can only click okay. And then it pops back up to ask you if you are sure, as if there were any other options, and you can';t go on til you say you are sure.It just won't let me post any kind f picture. That particular message was for a smaller picture i found: http://www.toonpool.com/user/21995/f...re_2599175.jpg

This doesn't happen when I change my signature picture with the forum actions.. It accepts pretty much every picture I try to post there, but I cannot post any picture in a post on a thread.. Which is a bummer for me, because I think visually, a lot. Sometimes I want to post a pic instead of a message! But its not possible.

I have tried finding the tiniest images to post, but no matter how small, it "exceeds my quota". It tells me how much it exceeds my mysterious quota, though. The Jesus/trump pic I linked exceeds it by 116.3

And even this very tiny image here (and its very very difficult to find very tiny images):http://www.marinet.org.uk/archive/ar...mages/dudi.jpg exceeds my quota by 1.7 KB.

Is that tiny image even 1.7 KB? It really seems like my posting "quota" for a picture in a thread must be zero? How are these mysterious "quotas" determined, anyway?

I am explaining this hoping someone can tell me why I have this problem on this site, which I have had for awhile now.
    Okay, I uploaded all three. Your situation seems odd, did you make sure it is under URL and that the retrieve image locally box is unchecked?

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Raver. I hope someone can explain to me why it won't work for me.

That middle one I think is called: "Trump shaping the future of America"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

consentingadult's helped me figure it out!

["Keep it simple, stupid"]

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The short answer is no.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ratrevisits View Post
    Raver: He is lowering the tax rate on the lower class to 0 percent. You can read the plan here: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/tax-plan The money they give in is minimal anyway. The numbers in your chart are wrong also: A person with an income of 100k is making about 1k biweekly. They are not receiving a tax deduction of 173 dollars, this would be a 17 percent tax reduction. Their tax rate is being reduced to 25% from 28%, a reduction of about 30 dollars biweekly and over a year about 1500 dollars. Your chart is absurd and just one more example of how corrupt the media is and how misled you people are.
    I looked at your link and I'll admit that his tax plan does look a lot better than it was presented in that chart and by Hillary Clinton. I'll definitely be looking into both Donald and Hillary's tax plans closely to see which one is better overall.

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Listen @Raver, the elite don't ever give a flying fuck about the middle and lower classes. The ruling class views both as but mere cattle, the lower classes serve to terrify the middle class into accepting the status quo where they do all the work, pay all the taxes, and get nothing except a false sense of security from the mob violence that occurs every damn day in the inner city ghettos at best. I live in such a midland. Yeah, I don't hear gunshots every night but I know damn good and well that if I remain here for a few more years I'll be dodging bullets from hoodrat gangster Saturday Night Specials that (thankfully for me) can't hit the broadside of a barn without a considerable amount of skill (which the average hoodrat thankfully lacks).

Basically, what I'm trying to say here is that the basic bitch entrepreneur isn't the evil asshole you imagine them to be. If I had the cash I'd fund/create a good private security firm. I'd be the man on the beat too, for if I don't risk my ass on patrol how the hell can I expect my employees to do the same? Taxes ought to be calculated based on how much waste it took for you to produce what ya did. Tax benefits ought to accrue to those who made more than they "requested" as it were. We ought punish the leeches who take in a ton of taxes and produce little in return by taxing them out the ass until they poop blood!

Good summation of the society we live in today. We don't live in a capitalist system, but rather in an oligarchy or corporatism that swindles those at the bottom of the pyramid.
    Last edited by Raver; 10-28-2016 at 02:49 AM.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can't stop crying. This clip is so funny

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Now for my trump card.

FBI reopens Investigation into Hillary Clinton.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-d...ry?id=43138105

Last edited by Kill4Me; 10-28-2016 at 08:08 PM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Now for my trump card.

FBI reopens Investigation into Hillary Clinton.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...email-use.html

It's about time Clinton got some heat for her e-mails. It was annoying seeing Trump being shown as a devil and Clinton as an angel by the media for so long.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    It's about time Clinton got some heat for her e-mails. It was annoying seeing Trump being shown as a devil and Clinton as an angel by the media for so long.
    Like she hasn't gotten heat for them? Have you seen any of the Benghazi hearings (which also included question after question after question about her emails)? She was under investigation for this, so you can hardly say she hasn't gotten heat for this.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Like she hasn't gotten heat for them? Have you seen any of the Benghazi hearings (which also included question after question after question about her emails)? She was under investigation for this, so you can hardly say she hasn't gotten heat for this.
    Not enough heat for what she did, she got off scott free basically before without any punishment. Now she's getting the right amount finally. We'll see it amounts to anything though.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trump card... har. har. i knew the emails would be coming back.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...nghazi/396182/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...email-emerges/ - this article suggests that clinton had always used her private email server to disguise how she was overstepping her bounds as secretary of state w her involvement w the clinton foundation.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...kileaks-229914 - i just found this article about huma abedin interesting, though it doesn't really pertain to anything.
    Last edited by marooned; 10-28-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So basically the punishment for breaking the law is a hearing where people scold you?
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    The problem is that the amount of heat she received was far, far less than what she ought to have received. My dad is ex-Navy (did sonar in Nuclear Missile carrying submarines), a member of my extended family married a former Marine and they told me what'd happen if they did what she did. That shit is an instant Court Marshal, open and shut, your ass in a very mean, remote, and violent jail yesterday material. That she still isn't in such a jail (or ANY jail for that matter) pisses them and everyone within their milieu off in a very major way.

I surmise that if she somehow wins the election (I doubt she will but the PTB are very desperate and that tends to cause otherwise smart people to become so retarded that you think they cheated on their IQ tests given what you see them resort to) there will be either a Putsch or a Coup, because they're that mad. Nobody will want to swear allegiance and/or follow the orders of someone they hold to be a traitor/enemy in their minds. The lower ranks will tell the top brass to go fuck themselves as they turn around and blast them after they order them to put down the revolts. This is what has occured during every revolution ever. Once the lower ranks flip off the top brass, all bets are off. It's revolution/civil war, pray that we don't see that happen here and now. Especially if you're a liberal because you've already pounded your swords into plowshares. Benjamin Franklin named the fate of such folk. Hope ya like plowing for the swordsmen!

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no way they'd reopen the investigation unless they had good reason to... I think Hills is toast guys

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Just when you thought the election couldn't get any weirder. Anonymous plans to release a video of Bill Clinton raping a 13 year old girl before the election:

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump is beating Clinton by 4% in early absentee ballots in Michigan. If he pulls this state out from under her, he very likely wins.

http://westmipolitics.blogspot.com/2...-4-in.html?m=1

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aylen what is that from?

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    aylen what is that from?
    Suicide squad

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I just really hope that whomever becomes President, they seriously attempt to tackle the climbing debt ceiling. At least slowing it down considerably would be a good start.

I just don't think people realize all this cheap crap that the us imports from other countries is going to stop once foreign nations realize we can't pay our debts. China might have some kind of economic dependency with us, but that's only as long as our money has value. If it drops too much, they will have to raise prices and sell more to other countries and we will have less than we do now. Better to have a President hurt the economy a little in order to preserve the future than borrow endless pits of cash, stimulating everything, keeping it on the same track, and not worrying about how to pay it back later; but yeah, I guess nobody would support or vote a candidate into office if they did that. SO SHIT

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post
    Man, I just really hope that whomever becomes President, they seriously attempt to tackle the climbing debt ceiling. At least slowing it down considerably would be a good start.

I just don't think people realize all this cheap crap that the us imports from other countries is going to stop once foreign nations realize we can't pay our debts. China might have some kind of economic dependency with us, but that's only as long as our money has value. If it drops too much, they will have to raise prices and sell more to other countries and we will have less than we do now. Better to have a President hurt the economy a little in order to preserve the future than borrow endless pits of cash, stimulating everything, keeping it on the same track, and not worrying about how to pay it back later; but yeah, I guess nobody would support or vote a candidate into office if they did that. SO SHIT
    Totally dude. Keep in mind Trump wants to audit the federal reserve, but I think it's hard times ahead no matter who gets in. It isn't gonna be like 2008 either, it's gonna be devastating. If the dollar collapses, it'll take the bond market with it, and when the bond bubble pops, the price of everything explodes. The way we've kept afloat so far is printing shitloads of money to pay for the goods we import. When the currency becomes worthless, interest will rates go through the roof, then the credit system collapses.... If Ron Paul and Peter Schiff are right, we're fucked. Buy bitcoin and gold.
    Last edited by replica; 10-30-2016 at 04:22 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Trump is beating Clinton by 4% in early absentee ballots in Michigan. If he pulls this state out from under her, he very likely wins.
    All he has to do is flip one "blue" state while the other "red" states stay red. That's all he has to do, and everything he's been doing plus the new stuff coming in like the FBI reopening their investigation is going to pull it off. Here's one parallel, Bernie got Michigan by, among other things, reaching out to the Muslim community there. Trump just reached out to the Hindu community by wishing them a happy Diwali and holding a rally targeting them specifically. Different demographic to be sure but you get the point, flip this seemingly insignificant minority to your side while running the ticket with your "base" and you win quite bigly. The minority is small yes, but they also know people who know people. Studies show that if you can get two friends of a person to say X is OK, then they will also think X is OK. If you know a Hindu who likes Trump, and your mutual Sikh friend has a Trump sign on his front lawn... Well, Trump just went from some Reality TV Show Host to legit contender for President that you're not too much against voting for.

This is why he's going to win. He gets that most of the minorities only care about the gibs, they're the majority of the Free Shit Army after all. Meh, just peel off the 20 percent that thinks pretty much exactly like Blue Collar Whitey does insofar as they'd sooner die than literally live off of welfare programs and you win so bigly that no amount of voter fraud could possibly cover it up without sparking The French Revolution v.2.0. Final Caveat, Blue Collar Whitey=Rednecks and we all know which demographic in the U.S. has always had the biggest urge to tell the PTB to go fuck itself. They're also the reason the 2nd Amendment is a thing. They comprised around 40 percent of the revolutionary army, let that sink in good and hard .

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally dude. Keep in mind Trump wants to audit the federal reserve, but I think it's hard times ahead no matter who gets in. It isn't gonna be like 2008 either, it's gonna be devastating. If the dollar collapses, it'll take the bond market with it, and when the bond bubble pops, the price of everything explodes. The way we've kept afloat so far is printing shitloads of money to pay for the goods we import. When the currency becomes worthless, interest will rates go through the roof, then the credit system collapses.... If Ron Paul and Peter Schiff are right, we're fucked. Buy bitcoin and gold.
    I love Bitcoin. Been considering starting a mining business. It seems like win-win in case something does happen in the future. I know the Chinese use Bitcoin to avoid devaluation of the yuan. Seems like they might have the right idea.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao

Last edited by replica; 10-30-2016 at 06:54 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've decided. i don't think any of the single charges against either of the main candidates really matter that much in it. what matters is the future.

trump's entire career seems to display a haphazard approach (which has nearly cost his business/wealth in the past when he's failed because he goes all in) but an insistence upon winning. he is supremely confident and full of himself and that magnifies his every perception. he tells tall tales. he lies freely. he spins. he is delusional. when he succeeds it is incredible. when he fails it is also... incredible. his entire campaign path has been adaptive--figuring out the best way to win, basically. he is willing to resort to any trick necessary. if he wins, he will continue with his haphazard and reckless approach. it will be like riding a roller coaster. the things he promises you (that he will save you, bring in more jobs, improve the economy), none of it can be counted upon. and remember if he fails, he'll tell himself a story about it in which he emerged the victor and the hero. your suffering and hardship will easily slip from his view. because this is all about him.

i don't think that as some here have said, that hillary clinton is a sociopath. i also disagree with my previous typing of her as ESI, and am going to LSI. she is a person who has always had conviction behind what she believes is right and this has driven her path. i don't have total confidence in her ability to steer a clear course because she seems to have a long history of making mistakes. she may at times follow the wrong advice. she may at times just make some really bad decisions. she may stir up more controversy that she didn't see coming. she may lie. and i don't know what will be found in the most recent string of emails. she will however cooperate with others in politics on both sides. she will try to do a good job. she is service oriented, and has long been committed to be a public servant. and she is definitely better qualified. her "promises" are also over the top, but she'll continue with the democrat trend.

i really do think people get swayed by appearances--that trump is charismatic and interacts with the crowd while clinton isn't as expressive. she doesn't have any is really i think what it comes down to. trump (who i see as SLE) is much better at being expressive. both of them are cold (); it's just one of them is a better actor.

the future is safer with clinton. trump will have no scruples about burning every bridge, overturning every system, insisting on doing whatever he wants. the very group of people who he promises jobs to may end up being his victims. and i am too close in income to that class. i think i have to vote for clinton because a future with trump is simply too scary. in four years we can vote again.

naturally all of this is just my read. most of it was already there, i just needed to go through all the doubt. i'm still waiting to vote until basically the last minute.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might find this video interesting. "He's playing some sort of character." "He plays to whatever room he's in."

Yes, deep down SLE's want to be loved and admired. I also believe that deep down they're good hearted (generally speaking). I don't think Trump is lying when he says he wants to make america great again.

When I look at Clinton I see a polished politician saying the same old platitudes, and the same old appeals to emotion, yet being the complete embodiment of everything that's wrong with our political system. It just rings so completely hollow to me.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol it's not about a type. it's about an individual. trump is not representative of all SLEs.

i think he does want to be president btw. i think he wants to win. i think it goes a bit beyond just getting a bunch of people to cheer for him. it's also about his belief in his own greatness.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i've decided. i don't think any of the single charges against either of the main candidates really matter that much in it. what matters is the future.

trump's entire career seems to display a haphazard approach (which has nearly cost his business/wealth in the past when he's failed because he goes all in) but an insistence upon winning. he is supremely confident and full of himself and that magnifies his every perception. he tells tall tales. he lies freely. he spins. he is delusional. when he succeeds it is incredible. when he fails it is also... incredible. his entire campaign path has been adaptive--figuring out the best way to win, basically. he is willing to resort to any trick necessary. if he wins, he will continue with his haphazard and reckless approach. it will be like riding a roller coaster. the things he promises you (that he will save you, bring in more jobs, improve the economy), none of it can be counted upon. and remember if he fails, he'll tell himself a story about it in which he emerged the victor and the hero. your suffering and hardship will easily slip from his view. because this is all about him.

i don't think that as some here have said, that hillary clinton is a sociopath. i also disagree with my previous typing of her as ESI, and am going to LSI. she is a person who has always had conviction behind what she believes is right and this has driven her path. i don't have total confidence in her ability to steer a clear course because she seems to have a long history of making mistakes. she may at times follow the wrong advice. she may at times just make some really bad decisions. she may stir up more controversy that she didn't see coming. she may lie. and i don't know what will be found in the most recent string of emails. she will however cooperate with others in politics on both sides. she will try to do a good job. she is service oriented, and has long been committed to be a public servant. and she is definitely better qualified. her "promises" are also over the top, but she'll continue with the democrat trend.

i really do think people get swayed by appearances--that trump is charismatic and interacts with the crowd while clinton isn't as expressive. she doesn't have any is really i think what it comes down to. trump (who i see as SLE) is much better at being expressive. both of them are cold (); it's just one of them is a better actor.

the future is safer with clinton. trump will have no scruples about burning every bridge, overturning every system, insisting on doing whatever he wants. the very group of people who he promises jobs to may end up being his victims. and i am too close in income to that class. i think i have to vote for clinton because a future with trump is simply too scary. in four years we can vote again.

naturally all of this is just my read. most of it was already there, i just needed to go through all the doubt. i'm still waiting to vote until basically the last minute.
    My thoughts echo yours...100%!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast