Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Realistic examples of Ti

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just scanning posts here makes me a Ti polr already.

I Dunno if its Ti-polarity or laziness

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    "Excuse me, the sign says no walking on the grass. Please walk on the pathways, thank you."

"I have four dollars so I can buy at most 6 eggs"

"15% tip equals $1.20"

"I'll wash the dishes and take out the trash, you do the laundry."

"It's my turn to be Mario, you got to be Mario last time"

"put the cap on the toothpaste when you're done using it"

etc.
    A couple of these sound more Te than Ti or possibly related to other functions.

"I'll wash the dishes and take out the trash, you do the laundry." -- could be Se, getting someone to do something, or Te, trying to create efficiency.

"Put the cap on the toothpaste when you're done using it." -- this sounds procedural in nature, the realm of Te
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

human behavior, i.e.: "realistic examples" are generally going to implicate more than one function; when describing an activity its more about what function is predominating. The Se or Ti dispute is a good example, sometimes people will push Se with a flimsy Ti basis or push Se only because of a firm Ti conviction. This would be something like the difference between SEE and LII. You could construe brief accounts of almost any functional activity as being influenced or subsumed into some other function. Its why "pure" functional descriptions are necessarily abstract and usually described associatively via synonyms. Its also why to get a feel for someone's personality, especially from a one-off vignette, it helps to actually be in their presence to determine the weight of some of these factors.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

in which troll admits finland doesn’t bother to train marksmanship. how the mighty have fallen
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Excuse me, the sign says no walking on the grass. Please walk on the pathways, thank you."

"I have four dollars so I can buy at most 6 eggs"

"15% tip equals $1.20"

"I'll wash the dishes and take out the trash, you do the laundry."

"It's my turn to be Mario, you got to be Mario last time"

"put the cap on the toothpaste when you're done using it"

etc.
    I would have said all of these were te... interesting.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Example for
    Explaining something by using a method that only make sense to yourself (and is not a ethical judgement).

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti is this:

All these comments above are fuckin stupid they have mistakenly took Ti as Te.

Like Ti is when you try to analyze a situation logically. With common sense.

Example:

I don't fukin get why some guys are dumb fukin stupid not to use a fukin condom during unsafe sex. It's like their heads is on their penis head which makes them more dumber.
    I have a friend whose like that.
    He's a single father now because he's stupid. And he fucks stupid girls as well. That's why early in life he became a father.

Like seriously,

You don’t want a child, use a condom.

Their logic is like,

You don’t want a child,
    *logic blocked by lust*
    *asks partner*
    "are you safe?"
    *stupid partner replies *
    "yes"
    *penis head cum inside*

米 note that he doesn't wanted unwanted pregnancy

Didn't use Ti.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew that Ti is something like:

'All the cakes are made by butter, flour and eggs. If you have something with different ingredients it' s not a cake'.-> definition using personal standards.

Plus Ti looks at how things relate each other. To come again at cake example, Ti wants to understand why if I put X amount of flour I have to put Y amount of butter, which chemistry reactions these 2 elements do, etc.

Ti usually uses these frames of understanding to predict how something new will work. 'A car and a tractor have both 4 wheels, a mover etc, they have to work in the same way'.

Some Ti user can confirm/not confirm this.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Some of these examples do seem like Te to me bcuz I don't see underlying structure to them but maybe that's why I lack examples even though I have 2 beta sts in my family... I might not see it for what it is bcuz I tend to notice more negative manifestations than positive ones which seem more like common sense or sth. But with my dad who is lsi I see it often like... "I've been to 3 cub foods that have had expired foods on their shelves. Therefore cub foods is a place that sells expired foods and everyone should avoid that place." And he'll avoid that grocery store even if it's a location he hasn't been to. it would be Fi but there's no fuzzy feeling judgements, it's just a rule created based on observations that can be spelled out.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When a bijective linear mapping exists between two vector spaces (that is, every vector from the second space is associated with exactly one in the first), we say that the two spaces are isomorphic. Because an isomorphism preserves linear structure, two isomorphic vector spaces are "essentially the same" from the linear algebra point of view. One essential question in linear algebra is whether a mapping is an isomorphism or not, and this question can be answered by checking if the determinant is nonzero. If a mapping is not an isomorphism, linear algebra is interested in finding its range (or image) and the set of elements that get mapped to zero, called the kernel of the mapping.

Now replace fancy words with something else.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Ti is this:

Example:

I don't fukin get why some guys are dumb fukin stupid not to use a fukin condom during unsafe sex. It's like their heads is on their penis head which makes them more dumber.
    He's a single father now because he's stupid. And he fucks stupid girls as well. That's why early in life he became a father.

Like seriously,

Their logic is like,

You don’t want a child,
    *logic blocked by lust*
    *asks partner*
    "are you safe?"
    "yes"
    *penis head cum inside*

Didn't use Ti.
    He just wanted to come inside

Logic can and will be overruled by primal reproductive instincts. You may as well use this knowledge to your advantage.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti: The glass is half full.

Ti: The glass is half empty.

Te: Hey, I ordered a cheeseburger.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My logic works as a tandem.

(statement contains both )
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Idk if ppl forget or if they just don't care or believe that introverted elements are subjective by definition. So I don't think sth like 2+2=4 can be Ti? It's a law that exists independently of the subject. It doesn't mean that Ti egos are all feely or don't make sense or sth which I think is what ppl interpret when I say this. it just means that their conclusions are derived w/ relation to their OWN thinking judgements.

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti is this:

Example:

Like seriously,

Their logic is like,

You don’t want a child,
    *logic blocked by lust*
    *asks partner*
    "are you safe?"
    "yes"
    *penis head cum inside*

Didn't use Ti.
    theres a special lady pill which solves all these problems

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    Idk if ppl forget or if they just don't care or believe that introverted elements are subjective by definition. So I don't think sth like 2+2=4 can be Ti? It's a law that exists independently of the subject. It doesn't mean that Ti egos are all feely or don't make sense or sth which I think is what ppl interpret when I say this. it just means that their conclusions are derived w/ relation to their OWN thinking judgements.
    yea sure. good shout. jung tells us that intro psych functions impose subjective impressions on reality. aushra tells us that intro logic is about seeing relationships. so you’re subjectively viewing and building those logic relationships, especially by comparison to other fields. its te that tells us its 3330 miles to new york and 5.75 hrs on a B747 but ti that tells us this trip is long or short relative to subjective comparison

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ps i speak simply, not trying to say te is about knowing numbers

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalize View Post
    yea sure. good shout. jung tells us that intro psych functions impose subjective impressions on reality. aushra tells us that intro logic is about seeing relationships. so you’re subjectively viewing and building those logic relationships, especially by comparison to other fields. its te that tells us its 3330 miles to new york and 5.75 hrs on a B747 but ti that tells us this trip is long or short relative to subjective comparison
    thank you for validating this. I feel like I keep repeating it and everybody is like "no...Ti is thinking. Te is doing stuff" and I just wanna scream lol

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    thank you for validating this. I feel like I keep repeating it and everybody is like "no...Ti is thinking. Te is doing stuff" and I just wanna scream lol
    its easy to split up ims/functions into astrology-type descriptions but then they become too simple to be useful

fe is about smiling and being sad if ur friend is sad ((((

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Exception View Post
    A couple of these sound more Te than Ti or possibly related to other functions.

"I'll wash the dishes and take out the trash, you do the laundry." -- could be Se, getting someone to do something, or Te, trying to create efficiency.

"Put the cap on the toothpaste when you're done using it." -- this sounds procedural in nature, the realm of Te
    The first one is an example of division of labor aka logistics, not a Te theme IMO. The point is to create a fair system (not that the particular one mentioned is necessarily fair). The second one is a commonplace example of a rule. The second one in particular is about imposing a structure rather than recognizing one, so you could say it's TiSe, or +Ti. But you could read the first one as an "idea" for a system rather than a command, in which case it would be TiNe.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have said all of these were te... interesting.
    This seems to be a common misconception, maybe because of MBTI where Te is similar to socionics TiSe but also due to the early socionists possibly. In particular I would forget about the whole "personal logic" vs. "objective logic" thing.

@idontgiveaf Your example shows lack of foresight, so it's really more about Ni. And common sense is more of a Te theme - Ti is about hard logic.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me personally, I use Ti to create structure and order in my life. That could be Se. I have a certain way I go about buying groceries and stocking the kitchen. I cook a certain way to maintain order and efficiency. I also use my Ti to question and argue. I am in the habit of questioning my habits. So I have slowly over the years become a minimalist. I use Ti to figure out what I need to stop buying to save money for all the bills.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    He just wanted to come inside

Logic can and will be overruled by primal reproductive instincts. You may as well use this knowledge to your advantage.
    Like have babies with a guy? No way.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

theres a special lady pill which solves all these problems
    Lady pill ruins my biological shit. I'm already ruined so i don't want any other factors ruin me

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ti and Te both indicate that the information used in and produced by rationalization is quantified; the rationalization processes differ only in configuration. Ti is an indication that that rationalization operates on information that is stored in cache and its processes are not influenced by external events although the data in cache has been influenced. Te indicates operation on external data. The difference becomes obvious when interacting; simplistically, Te appears like it thinks out loud while continually engaging others while Ti disengages briefly to rationalize - that pregnant pause. Ti indicate independent thinking on a highly volatile data set while Te is externally influenced rationalization on a highly constrained data set. Ti can bring far more resources to bear in pure rationalization but this is certainly no indication of any potential superiority in overall output production. They simply produce exactly same stuff but in different ways; both usually think that their ways are superior and will likely argue about it.....
    a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This seems to be a common misconception, maybe because of MBTI where Te is similar to socionics TiSe but also due to the early socionists possibly. In particular I would forget about the whole "personal logic" vs. "objective logic" thing.

@idontgiveaf Your example shows lack of foresight, so it's really more about Ni. And common sense is more of a Te theme - Ti is about hard logic.
    Why is it became Ni?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first one is an example of division of labor aka logistics, not a Te theme IMO. The point is to create a fair system (not that the particular one mentioned is necessarily fair). The second one is a commonplace example of a rule. The second one in particular is about imposing a structure rather than recognizing one, so you could say it's TiSe, or +Ti. But you could read the first one as an "idea" for a system rather than a command, in which case it would be TiNe.
    The bolded is Te?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Weird guys

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is it became Ni?
    Because foresight is Ni.

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeless View Post
    The bolded is Te?
    No, it's TiNe. Te has nothing to do with structure. Te is about resource usage, facts, efficiency, etc.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Because foresight is Ni.

No, it's TiNe. Te has nothing to do with structure. Te is about resource usage, facts, efficiency, etc.
    What do you mean by foresight?

Like i forsighted what's gonna happen if he didn't use a condom? Isn't that common sense?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

snatched by Ni!

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti: F3, F4, P4, P3. Not in pure form.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by foresight?

Like i forsighted what's gonna happen if he didn't use a condom? Isn't that common sense?
    Yes, foresight is knowing the consequences that will result from an action. It makes no difference whether it is "common sense" or not - everyone has some basic level of Ni that they use.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TiNe/TeNi (valuing) both lay claim to "foresight" and understand it differently... to hash it out this way is just to prove the point

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    TiNe/TeNi (valuing) both lay claim to "foresight" and understand it differently... to hash it out this way is just to prove the point
    is there some group of people who don't lay claim to the ability to predict things in their sphere of interest though

like, go to a pub and listen to a bunch of people talk about football - they may be many different types but they've all got "some opinion" on what will happen in the game tonight, et cetera

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Example for
    Explaining something by using a method that only make sense to yourself (and is not a ethical judgement).
    I like this. My thinking is very contextual and as a consequence I often leave people confused when I speak, assuming they have the same framework to interpret what I say.
    @ouronis : perhaps that's the answer to why we feel like we can't articulate our thoughts very well?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickelslick View Post
    I like this. My thinking is very contextual and as a consequence I leave people confused when I speak, assuming they have the same framework to interpret what I say.
    @ouronis : perhaps that's the answer to why we feel like we can't articulate our thoughts very well?
    Yeah I'm aware of this flaw in how I relate, I have come to think of it as projecting my understanding on other people, but I don't know how type-specific it is.

It's always a bit difficult to get people to understand what I'm saying unless I spend a lot of time simplifying it to recognizable forms of argument or statement. More often than not, that can't happen real-time so the communication effort is poor in quality.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickelslick View Post
    I like this. My thinking is very contextual and as a consequence I often leave people confused when I speak, assuming they have the same framework to interpret what I say.
    I can relate to this. You have to try to relate, what you express, to something people already know. That way other people are able to understand what you want to say.
    Try analogies to provide realistic examples.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Yeah I'm aware of this flaw in how I relate, I have come to think of it as projecting my understanding on other people, but I don't know how type-specific it is.

It's always a bit difficult to get people to understand what I'm saying unless I spend a lot of time simplifying it to recognizable forms of argument or statement. More often than not, that can't happen real-time so the communication effort is poor in quality.
    I have the same problem imagining different contexts in which the situation could play out differently. IDK if this is Ti IMO.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeless View Post
    I have the same problem imagining different contexts in which the situation could play out differently.
    Weak if it concers other people or weak if it concers the environment, according to my understanding

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast