Hybrid View

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I wonder if this is why I never picked up on LSI vibes from your videos.
    Does Fi PolR make sense? There is a thread about it on the beta subforum.
    I retract my previous LSI conclusion, SLE seems more plausible.

btw, meet "Asymov", this is our oldest CNC machine, when it broke down I had to acquire the new motherboard from Russia.. and edit old DOS files, pain in the ass repair. Random, just thought you are the kind of person to share something like this with. When the factory was built, this was one of the first machines, the old boss gave them all names hence "Asymov". Still works, this thing made and still makes a lot of money.

ASIMOV.jpg
    Cool stuff, these old machines seem to live forever. They were built to last. I've seen some old ones still running Commodore 64. And why not, they do the job. You don't need to twitter with them.

Yeah, Fi PoLR does make sense to me, issues with Fi is the reason I got into socionics. I have a hard time figuring out how someone feels about me unless they put on a very clear display.
    I've never had a best friend or even very close friends, interactions with friends remain limited to doing stuff together and never getting into any personal conversations. I tend to simply forget about people when I'm no longer in constant contact with them. I do have sx in my instinct stacking though, so this is very different with women I'm attracted to. With them I can be very intimate if they're acting in a compatible and non-judgemental way, otherwise not. But even if the relationship goes south, I don't have any lingering bad feelings.

The same disinterest goes with enemies, I can get angry at someone momentarily but it doesn't take long for me to forget them altogether. I don't hold grudges because I pretty quickly forget the people even exist. Being called a bad person or ethically judged makes me angry or arrogantly dismissive depending on how it's done, but it definitely doesn't make me change my ways, more like the opposite. I'll try to continue being "good" if I'm already seen as being so.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Cool stuff, these old machines seem to live forever. They were built to last. I've seen some old ones still running Commodore 64. And why not, they do the job. You don't need to twitter with them.

Yeah, Fi PoLR does make sense to me, issues with Fi is the reason I got into socionics. I have a hard time figuring out how someone feels about me unless they put on a very clear display.
    I've never had a best friend or even very close friends, interactions with friends remain limited to doing stuff together and never getting into any personal conversations. I tend to simply forget about people when I'm no longer in constant contact with them. I do have sx in my instinct stacking though, so this is very different with women I'm attracted to. With them I can be very intimate if they're acting in a compatible and non-judgemental way, otherwise not. But even if the relationship goes south, I don't have any lingering bad feelings.

The same disinterest goes with enemies, I can get angry at someone momentarily but it doesn't take long for me to forget them altogether. I don't hold grudges because I pretty quickly forget the people even exist. Being called a bad person or ethically judged makes me angry or arrogantly dismissive depending on how it's done, but it definitely doesn't make me change my ways, more like the opposite. I'll try to continue being "good" if I'm already seen as being so.
    Looks like you have found your type. Clear Fe? (well as clear as Fe PolR can get): you are cool dude in my book. The description sounds like the production manager where I work. For a hardass he is such a softie with his own kid lol. Good man.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is one of the best descriptions of Fi polr I’ve ever seen written. It’s very relatable. I wouldn’t say 100% because I’d say I have a distressing relationship to attachment instead and definitely have deep and lingering feelings of pain if it was with someone I loved. If I never loved them in the first place though then I can act callously however. I also don’t feel like I have “enemies” theoretically, just people to differing degrees of getting along with them or not. Maybe if I met a true sociopath, but I don’t feel like I ever have.

Do you think you desire to have close friends? Why or why not?

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you don't mind this tangental note, but what makes you choose 8w9 over 9w8?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I hope you don't mind this tangental note, but what makes you choose 8w9 over 9w8?
    Okay, enneagram stuff.

My core fears, desires and motivations align with 8, not 9.

I have an extreme need of being in control, there's nothing worse than not being in control of your own destiny and situation. I'm not averse to conflict (which should be obvious by now). I don't go actively looking for it like a 8w7 might, but when it comes my way I embrace it.
    Anyone who knows me intimately would say that force of will and focus are my main defining positive features, I simply do not give up when faced with difficulties. I have always been independent and never allowed anyone to push me around. Complying with rules and listening to authority figures has never been something for me.
    As far as making peace goes, I'm typically not the one making the first move but I can accept offers of peace if they seem genuine and it wouldn't make me seem weak to accept it. It's not my core way of working, though. I'm not a harmonizing influence.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, enneagram stuff.

My core fears, desires and motivations align with 8, not 9.

I have an extreme need of being in control, there's nothing worse than not being in control of your own destiny and situation. I'm not averse to conflict (which should be obvious by now). I don't go actively looking for it like a 8w7 might, but when it comes my way I embrace it.
    Anyone who knows me intimately would say that force of will and focus are my main defining positive features, I simply do not give up when faced with difficulties. I have always been independent and never allowed anyone to push me around. Complying with rules and listening to authority figures has never been something for me.
    As far as making peace goes, I'm typically not the one making the first move but I can accept offers of peace if they seem genuine and it wouldn't make me seem weak to accept it. It's not my core way of working, though. I'm not a harmonizing influence.
    Okay yes, if you don't mind conflict then you're not a 9 (I've known a lot of 9s for some reason, but not many 8s very well). But it would make sense if you have the 9 wing that you don't go looking to pick a fight or stir things up unnecessarily.

I think my sister might be 8w7 and you don't remind me of her which is why I asked about being type 9. She would actively push buttons when younger.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Okay yes, if you don't mind conflict then you're not a 9 (I've known a lot of 9s for some reason, but not many 8s very well). But it would make sense if you have the 9 wing that you don't go looking to pick a fight or stir things up unnecessarily.

I think my sister might be 8w7 and you don't remind me of her which is why I asked about being type 9. She would actively push buttons when younger.
    Yeah, I do the button pushing mostly with family members. When it's about strangers, I provoke them only if they already annoy me. I don't see the point in picking fights without a reason, the line needs to be crossed first. That's probably the 9 wing.
    I do seem to provoke people into conflict sometimes without thinking about it, not because I'm actively seeking to do it but I just don't think about them or their feelings.