Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post

I'll check out the interview later, as I am interested in what she has to say as she's far from stupid.
    don't you think that her emotions at the speech are more the result of Fi convictions? ILI have Fi as activating function. of course, she's a very idealistic person, but keep in mind that she's only 16 years old. I disagree that ILI are apathetic, they hold strong values and beliefs. looking at the data, it's sadly necessary that radical solutions need to be implemented in the near future, and I think she's very aware of it. the problem with climate change is that solutions should've been implemented decades ago, and now we are in a situation where it's very obvious that we can barely do anything.

"I'll check out the interview later, as I am interested in what she has to say as she's far from stupid."

I personally think that she's highly gifted.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    don't you think that her emotions at the speech are more the result of Fi convictions? ILI have Fi as activating function.
    I want to use this as an opportunity to say I don't think Fe polr necessarily means not expressing emotions. ILIs however, need to feel they trust the people around them in order to express their feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion
    of course, she's a very idealistic person, but keep in mind that she's only 16 years old. I disagree that ILI are apathetic, they hold strong values and beliefs.
    I agree with that about ILIs, however ILIs are often not the ones to stand up in front of the world in the name of a cause, either. EIEs are more likely to do this. IME, an ILI is likely to hold their opinions and emotions in much of the time (unless they are in a more intimate setting), they are not very likely to be the voice of a cause.

looking at the data, it's sadly necessary that radical solutions need to be implemented in the near future, and I think she's very aware of it. the problem with climate change is that solutions should've been implemented decades ago, and now we are in a situation where it's very obvious that we can barely do anything.
    Yes, but I think many people accept this. But why her in to stand in front of the world and say it? This is not just stating known facts, there is something more, something I associate with EIEs and their tendency to rally people to towards a course of action. I don't think EIEs are unaware of facts, some of them are very smart and gifted beyond their peers, I have seen it myself. I'm just saying I don't think ILI would find themsleves her role, even ILIs who would agree with her proposed course of action. Personally I'm skeptical of it (or at least, that it is the best course of action) , though I do agree that the situation does not look good no matter what we do. But this is a topic for another thread.

"I'll check out the interview later, as I am interested in what she has to say as she's far from stupid."

I personally think that she's highly gifted.
    I wouldn't doubt it.