Thread: A Little Social Experiment

Hybrid View

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no clear evidence at all, just suspicions which I'm more than happy to entertain. It would be foolish to fall for the "lack of evidence is evidence of abstinence" trap.

I was actually rooting for Trump to find election fraud, it would only bolster the US belief in democracy and democracy as a whole. If Trump was cheated, who else was cheated, it would be interesting to put every election for the past 20-30 years under scrutiny.
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    I was actually rooting for Trump to find election fraud, it would only bolster the US belief in democracy and democracy as a whole. If Trump was cheated, who else was cheated, it would be interesting to put every election for the past 20-30 years under scrutiny.
    To the bolded - why do you think that?

Wouldn't it actually weaken belief in US democracy and in democracy as a whole? If a system is found out to be broken, people lose their faith in it.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    To the bolded - why do you think that?

Wouldn't it actually weaken belief in US democracy and in democracy as a whole? If a system is found out to be broken, people lose their faith in it.
    It would signify that the system has the ability to correct itself and therefore be robust and worth preserving.

If there was more evidence of election fraud without an investigation/cover-up it would just prove that the system is fundamentally broken.
    ἀταραξία