Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiaM View Post
    I have Si PoLR.
    Yet your profile says Gamma SF...?
    Good catch, thanks -- when I first came here I thought I was. I'm EIE, maybe Ni subtype? I had forgotten to change my profile

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

: PoLR quotes from Filatova (from both EIE and LIE descriptions):

Unsure in the field of everyday problems/necessities, aesthetics, health and well-being.

Not good at understanding bodies' needs.

May either run to the doctor constantly, or not get medical help until they collapse. (Doesn't know when it is appropriate to check health)

Not adept at creating comfort.

Immaculate and fastidious (strongly avoids germs)

Cannot stand physical distress and pain.

Inferior at picking out suitable clothing.

edit: formatting
    Last edited by Crispy; 07-18-2011 at 01:04 AM.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm curious, as I've not read through the thread. Who's related something here that doesn't fit that description?
    I know what PoLR is. People posting in this thread have this ridiculous idea that is being unable to sit on a chair for long periods of time or having a poor sense of style, which has nothing to do with it.

LOL at useless posts that contribute nothing. You have Te-activation, don't you, Traveler? How about you show us what you got.
    Real PoLR is getting by on three hours of sleep for a week and not being fazed, eating little to nothing for weeks, walking out in freezing weather with a t-shirt and barely feeling it. PoLR is essentially being detached from basic sensations, not completely of course, but enough that you ignore it. The upside of this is you can get a lot of shit done in the short term when you aren't bothered by . The downside is, eventually it will take a toll on your health if you take it too far in the long term.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EIE (-Ni?)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I'm curious, as I've not read through the thread. Who's related something here that doesn't fit that description?
    I know what PoLR is. People posting in this thread have this ridiculous idea that is being unable to sit on a chair for long periods of time or having a poor sense of style, which has nothing to do with it.

Real PoLR is getting by on three hours of sleep for a week and not being fazed, eating little to nothing for weeks, walking out in freezing weather with a t-shirt and barely feeling it. PoLR is essentially being detached from basic sensations, not completely of course, but enough that you ignore it. The upside of this is you can get a lot of shit done in the short term when you aren't bothered by . The downside is, eventually it will take a toll on your health if you take it too far in the long term.
    You seriously think that to have Si PoLR is to be a machine? That all XIEs are chronically sleep-deprived (and either don't know or care or both) and chronically half-starved (and don't know or don't care or both) and yet obsessively highly productive (until they die of exhaustion and/or starvation at a young age because, well fuck, they forgot to sleep and eat for the last twenty years)? Si-PoLRs are Ni-creative, meaning we have an eye on the future. We may not care about "enjoying the moment" or "stopping to smell the roses" (as someone mentioned above) but we are aware that if we let ourselves fall apart, there won't be a future for us, at least not the one we want. I, for one, will do what is necessary, albeit the bare minimum regarding taking care of present-time details, to make sure I am positioned well for the future.

Some of what you describe here may be the case for some Si PoLRs, but not for all by any stretch. Kind of like Si-DS doesn't always manifest in being unable to clean one's own ass.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You seriously think that to have Si PoLR is to be a machine? That all XIEs are sleep-deprived (and either don't know or care or both) and half-starved (and don't know or don't care or both) and yet highly productive (until they die of exhaustion and/or starvation at a young age because, well fuck, they forgot to sleep and eat for the last twenty years)?

Some of that may be the case for some Si PoLRs, but not for all by *any* stretch. Kind of like Si-DS doesn't *always* manifest in being unable to clean one's own ass.
    An unhealthy LIE or EIE that over commits themselves to duties would behave this way. Obviously a healthy one would not behave this way for extended periods of time. Maybe, they'd do it for a few days or weeks if they have deadlines to meet or are overfilled with duties. Most people would crumble under the pressure, but an XIE would just continue on until the tasks were completed.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I wouldn't fit that definition of Si-PoLR (I briefly retyped ILE and then SLE based on that among other things), but I've not seen any benchmark definition of Si-PoLR that's quite that extreme.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    EIE (-Ni?)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seriously think that to have Si PoLR is to be a machine? That all XIEs are sleep-deprived (and either don't know or care or both) and half-starved (and don't know or don't care or both) and yet highly productive (until they die of exhaustion and/or starvation at a young age because, well fuck, they forgot to sleep and eat for the last twenty years)?

Some of that may be the case for some Si PoLRs, but not for all by *any* stretch. Kind of like Si-DS doesn't *always* manifest in being unable to clean one's own ass.
    An unhealthy LIE or EIE would behave this way. Obviously a healthy one would not behave this way for extended periods of time. Maybe, they'd do it for a few days or weeks if they have deadlines to meet or are overfilled with duties. Most people would crumble under the pressure, but an XSE would just continue until the tasks were completed.
    First, I edited my post to be more clear and (slightly) less bitchy.

Second, you mean XIE.

Third, you are probably right about the characteristics you describe being more typical of unhealthy XIEs, but then why jump to that? Most people aren't unhealthy most of the time, so describing their PoLR at its most extreme is a bit silly in response to the OP. Especially when you come in with a condescending attitude while you do it.

(Also, it can go the other way as well -- sleeping and eating far too much, etc. We tend to either over- *or* -under-indulge in our PoLRs when unhealthy.)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

^I wouldn't fit that definition of Si-PoLR (I briefly retyped ILE and then SLE based on that among other things), but I've not seen any benchmark definition of Si-PoLR that's quite that extreme.
    Maybe because you're not EIE? I base this definition on watching LIEs and EIEs behaviour in real life. Of course this definition is extreme because it shows the limits that PoLR can bring you too. When an XIE is healthy, their PoLR does not affect them as much.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

An unhealthy LIE or EIE would behave this way. Obviously a healthy one would not behave this way for extended periods of time. Maybe, they'd do it for a few days or weeks if they have deadlines to meet or are overfilled with duties. Most people would crumble under the pressure, but an XSE would just continue until the tasks were completed.
    First, I edited my post to be more clear and (slightly) less bitchy.

Second, you mean XIE.

Third, you are probably right about the characteristics you describe being more typical of unhealthy XIEs, but then why jump to that? Most people aren't unhealthy most of the time, so describing their PoLR at its most extreme is a bit silly in response to the OP. Especially when you come in with a condescending attitude while you do it.

(Also, it can go the other way as well -- sleeping and eating far too much, etc. We tend to either over- *or* -under-indulge in our PoLRs when unhealthy.)
    I already edited the XIE part .

The reason I jump to it is because that's what PoLR essentially is. It's basically being less affected by the body and having less concern for comforts. Obviously, Even PoLRs enjoy good food, quality sleep and rest. They just don't need to do it as much as any other type in socionics and especially compared to dominants and creatives.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe because you're not EIE?
    Perhaps, but I do fit nearly all of the benchmark definition of Si-PoLR, as well as nearly the entirety of the EIE functional description. Plus my intertype relations seem to match those of an EIE, and I VI very similarly to other people typed EIE (Cloudcuckoolander remarked once that I have identical expressions to those Fidel Castro shows on Ashton's VI gallery). So I'm inclined to think that I am.

I base this definition on watching LIEs and EIEs behaviour in real life.
    And you determine who an EIE/LIE is, how...?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Maybe because you're not EIE?
    Perhaps, but I do fit nearly all of the benchmark definition of Si-PoLR, as well as nearly the entirety of the EIE functional description. Plus my intertype relations seem to match those of an EIE, and I VI very similarly to other people typed EIE (Cloudcuckoolander remarked once that I have identical expressions to those Fidel Castro shows on Ashton's VI gallery). So I'm inclined to think that I am.
    Don't pay much attention to the PoLR on its own as other types can exhibit such behaviour at times as well. Instead focus on and when you converse with people and deal with life and think if it truly relates to you. If you get along with betas, then you need to keep the option open that you might be an IEI. Don't pay too much attention to still picture VI and focus on video VI to get an overall feel of a type rather than a simple facial expression from a famous person.

I base this definition on watching LIEs and EIEs behaviour in real life.
    And you determine who an EIE/LIE is, how...?
    I type people by their overall behaviour and looking at how they converse with reality. I mostly guess intuitively and most of the time I am correct. Of course I have been wrong at times as I'm only human. While, I'm able to type most people rather easily due to their transparency, there are some people that are incredibly difficult to type for whatever reason and they remain as question marks.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type people by their overall behaviour and looking at how they converse with reality. I mostly guess intuitively and most of the time I am correct.
    By what benchmark do you determine whether you're correct or not?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I type people by their overall behaviour and looking at how they converse with reality. I mostly guess intuitively and most of the time I am correct.
    It's weird though, some people are just obviously a certain type, they just scream it. Others, it's a lot less obvious and it takes time to analyze their behaviour and see their functions in use. Inter-type relations is a good way to determine whether my typings were correct because then you know why they get along with a certain person and why they don't get along with another person. Often, over time it becomes clear though if I had guessed the type correctly or incorrectly.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's weird though, some people are just obviously a certain type, they just scream it. Others, it's a lot less obvious and it takes time to analyze their behaviour and see their functions in use.
    But you mentioned that your function definitions are based on seeing how they manifest on people of a given type (or at least you did ). So you must have some other method than function analysis to type them (given you've just created a catch-22 situation)?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been my idea of Si-PoLR.
    Basically a disconnection from their physical limits which one would come to be aware of through physical awareness. They may become overly concerned about aspects of health, or severely neglect them. They may take a small feeling of pain and come to the conclusion that it's the result of terrible health problem or they may dismiss feelings of physical weakness as something that's just in their head when it may be the result of being sick. They are poorly able to read what their body is telling them.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's weird though, some people are just obviously a certain type, they just scream it. Others, it's a lot less obvious and it takes time to analyze their behaviour and see their functions in use.
    But you mentioned that your function definitions are based on seeing how they manifest on people of a given type (or at least you did ). So you must have some other method than function analysis to type them (given you've just created a catch-22 situation)?
    Function analysis is only after I have a sense of ambiguity about a person. If that doesn't happen and I get a "certain" vibe from an individual, I ignore the functions completely and focus on their behaviour instead, which can lead to a very quick typing. From watching your videos, I get a dilemma that you're either IEI or ILE. So in order for me to figure out your type, I'd have to analyze your favoured functions and how you use them.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    : PoLR quotes from Filatova (my added clarifications are in parenthesis):

Unsure in the field of everyday problems/necessities, aesthetics, health and well-being.

Not good at understanding bodies' needs.

May either run to the doctor constantly, or not get medical help until they collapse. (Doesn't know when it is appropriate to check health)

Not adept at creating comfort.

Immaculate and fastidious (strongly avoids germs)

Cannot stand physical distress and pain.

Inferior at picking out suitable clothing.

edit: formatting

In other words, being Si-PoLR is dangerous.

Not necessarily unhealthy, though. I know some LIEs who are health nuts because they can't tell that tofu is actually foam rubber.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao DA

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno. Alexei seems to have a kind of nerd-ego-persona that is typical of ILES, but I'm not convinced yet. I can't really imagine an ILE saying some of theae things.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by We Are Carbon View Post
    Anyway, I think -Polr would probably be related to not being able to focus on the small details, if they have some big piece of work they need to handle, they would rather work out the plan on how to approach each separate piece of work and what to do, rather than actually doing the work themselves. If they do need to do it themselves, they may overlook details in monitoring process.

That is, they either overlook things or oversee things. Heh.

However, this is all speculation, I haven't seen too much evidence of this in real life (nor have I seen much evidence against it, I have just never really looked out for situations where the details are important).
    Not sure how you inferred that from the theory alone, but I think the same thing based on experience (real Si-PoLR people). Indeed, they're totally lacking precise view of details, they see only the start and end points, but little in between. Their view on activities is detached, more like an explorer focuses on the map, instead of the actual trip. Ni is the function everyone uses for planning an itinerary from A to B, it has to be necessarily Dynamic (the process between the statuses), Fields (obviously, nothing is based on the actual interaction, it is virtual) and Internal (connects the dots without actually considernig how one step follows another). From its nature, concepts like "impediment" or "obstacle" can't be processed through Ni alone; once such constraints are added, the information becomes External and the used function is Si.

That's overall correct. I'd specify that health issues are not a direct consequence of Si-PoLR, many XIEs have a balanced routine. It all depends on the drive, the imperativeness of their pursuits. In challenging business for example, you're often on the run and can't relax because you loose, therefore you need to keep going. The idea is that Si-PoLRs completely dismiss what can stand in their way so it may happen such thing to be proper rest, but not necessarily.

So when there's competition or tight deadlines, they may strain themselves too much. These pursuits are not required to affect only their health, but also their team, family, company - their resources in general. There are situations when this attitude is not harmful at all: you got a company, lieutenants and good organization, basically you can stress it for a goal that seems reachable by stopping "routine tasks" - maintainence, paying bills, holydays -, once you made the hit you can recover sponatenously, since it's all about the money (paying debts, bonuses, etc).
    ---

Si-PoLR themes in movies: crossing a bridge when it's about to crumble, accomplishing "impossible" tasks just by getting mobilized, blah-blah important purposes. I recall a recent movie "Season of the Witch" and also the book "Around the World in Eighty Days". The latter at least is an absurdity, being sure to accomplish something without knowing how you'll do it, and IMO no sane person would make such crazy bet (but perhaps it's just me).

(note that Ni-Base types are in fact more hesitant than Si-Creative, however the latter would never get off the beaten track)
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I don't know anything about their thoughts or making them squirm, but I am here to make a public service announcement.

NEVER TRUST AN Si-PoLR ON MATTERS OF TASTE

Thank you.
    I do notice a huge divide between the sensibilities of valuers and valuers when it comes to aesthetics, even on here; I remember a lot of my approaches were frowned upon pretty heavily by the valuers (poli with my awesome oatmeal, I think you and Erk thought I dressed boringly)

I kinda got booted from that one band recently for that reason; they were all in Alpha quadra, I was the lone Gamma at that point; the Beta got sent packing, and then I did as well... looks like they'll be saving a lot of money on earplugs (I was described by them as the perfect rock drummer, which was a huge honor, but did little good for them when they wanted a subtle, nuanced blues drummer)

I'm Ignoring, and that's a pretty fitting name for it - I won't know/care if I'm "hot" or "cold" unless the case is extreme, I'm content on eating mainly raw oats (healthy, efficient on time and money), I'll wear (or not wear) things others would find uncomfortable as long as I look good in such a way that it makes others happy when they see me... my LSE friend asks me if I'm tired or if I'm bored, I will honestly not know...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ephemeros is correct in this case, IMHO.

For example I know this is one of my biggest weaknesses:

Indeed, they're totally lacking precise view of details, they see only the start and end points, but little in between. Their view on activities is detached, more like an explorer focuses on the map, instead of the actual trip.
    even though I haven't found a good way around it yet.
    Last edited by FDG; 07-17-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One 100% ENFJ coworker I know can forget that she has to piss for an hour. then she would say "oh, I forgot I had to go to the toilet an hour ago" and laugh about it. When she is ill, she doesn't really take care of herself until it's really bad.

She buys a lof of food, and when it goes over its "best before" date, she still won't throw it away unless it walks away by itself. Once she kept a sausage in the fridge for a long time, it began to turn white and she just washed the white off in the running water and then ate the sausage and gave me half of it as takeaway

She gives a lot of the food away, trying to take care for people in that matter. When people say they don't need it or simply don't eat the kind of thing that she offers she would rant a lot about people being spoiled brats or say nothing but then whisper silent curses on a side. it spoils her mood. the perspective that someone could be picky about their food makes her feel tense.

Dunno if it is type related or just her quirks. But the other possible two I know are similar in a way.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    This has to do with you being an E7.
    Yeah, that might be true, I didn't think about it.

That's gross as hell, I'd never do that. Food past expiry gets thrown away.
    Omg yes, unless it's like, rice. But seriously, fresh food such as sausages?

Plus, I have the opposite approach when it comes to buying food - I buy a small amount almost every day.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it isn't this so much as it is them thinking it works like this. they tell themselves they are terminators with iron will and imperviousness to sensory irritations but they are not. they are wrong. they are deluded about it.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    it isn't this so much as it is them thinking it works like this. they tell themselves they are terminators with iron will and imperviousness to sensory irritations but they are not. they are wrong. they are deluded about it.
    ^ Hence 'Physical victim', a delusion with regards to physical circumstances and situations.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    ? You have to seriously be very self unware to do this (deluding youself into thinking you can do such thing just out of will). I know that when I have done something similar - but really nowhere close to it, just being very busy - I was just always thinking about the next task, never trying to consciously rile me up - that just seems laughable, plus it doesn't work if you don't add drugs to the picture.
    So no I don't think it's right unless you take very specific cases of ENxjs.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're right; you're an exception. i meant all the other ENTjs.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol that's an easy copout, it's more likely that you're oversimplifying the issue

IMHO Si PoLR people focus on a given idea, outcome (when they're enganging in excessive activity) and stop thinking about how their own physical capability might affect the idea. It's not purposeful...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    This has to do with you being an E7.
    Yeah, that might be true, I didn't think about it.

That's gross as hell, I'd never do that. Food past expiry gets thrown away.
    Omg yes, unless it's like, rice. But seriously, fresh food such as sausages?

Plus, I have the opposite approach when it comes to buying food - I buy a small amount almost every day.
    yes. with fresh food, and it IS VERY GROSS for me, I'm super sensitive with that kind of stuff, one day after best before and I am already not going to eat it . but she seems really blind to that,since she even gives this kind of food to people with obviously good intentions... I think it's also about twisted 'being practical, economical, not-throwing-food-away-when-somewhere-people-starve' approach, but there's also a huge obliviousness to it.

anyway, I've found sth like this in Stratievskaya EIE description: "It occurs, it does not turn attention to the quality of products and it can without ceremony cut into the lettuce of the rotted vegetables" - it corresponds perfectly to my coworker

I hope that there are few people like that and they are not having anything to do with food I eat, regardless their type. Amen.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PoLR using the wikipedia socionics Rly-Bad-At method:

Rly-Bad-At perception of physical sensations.

Rly-Bad-At creating comfort, coziness, and pleasure

Rly-Bad-At sensing harmony and acclimation with one's environment (especially physical)

Rly-Bad-At understanding how well a person or thing's behavior agrees with its nature

Rly-Bad-At understanding the differences between comfortable behaviors and positions and uncomfortable ones.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rly-Bad-At understanding how well a person or thing's behavior agrees with its nature
    This does sound like polr, or an E7.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That doesn't particularly sound like how a PoLR function works, what you're describing is closer to how the ignoring function operates (realizing, but not caring).
    ignoring

The individual is perfectly adept at evaluating his physical state and the quality of his sensations, but gives priority to the external act of experiencing and interacting with the world. He gets impatient with those who stubbornly focus on harmony and equilibrium when there are things to be done in the outside world. According to these types, the exploration of the sensations is something that should be done in private on one's own time, but in public people should be ready to interact, get involved, and command situations without having to weigh out everything first.
    PoLR works more neurotically, since there's a realization of lacking and not wanting to deal with it, while simultaneously believing it's somehow required of you
    Basically what Gilly posted is how I'd think Si PoLR works; wanting to not deal with the present monotony and details of life, but wanting the results or "big picture" that comes from them (Ni focus over Si, Se over Ne)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    PoLR using the wikipedia socionics Rly-Bad-At method:

Rly-Bad-At perception of physical sensations.

Rly-Bad-At creating comfort, coziness, and pleasure

Rly-Bad-At sensing harmony and acclimation with one's environment (especially physical)

Rly-Bad-At understanding the differences between comfortable behaviors and positions and uncomfortable ones.
    This list might be good. Although, what does it mean "how a person's behavior agrees with its nature"?

I've never done that unless I was on a drug binge.
    I cannot see how anyone could do that without being on drugs, really. I might think about a life-and-death situation i.e. war, but for school?

and an LIE whose girlfriend buys all his clothes for him (it's probably also so he can spend more time working instead of "wasting" it shopping).
    Yeah, my girlfriend would like to do this for me (but I don't really let her, it seems as if I'm an autistic kid). It's mostly because otherwise I try hard not to spend any money on clothes, I feel like I'm wasting it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apex of Si PoLR, cited from wikipedia:

Fermi died at age 53 of stomach cancer (a result of heavy exposure to radiation[citation needed] in Chicago, Illinois, and was interred at Oak Woods Cemetery. Two of his graduate students who assisted him in working on or near the nuclear pile also died of cancer. Fermi and his team knew that such work carried considerable risk but they considered the outcome so vital that they forged ahead with little regard for their own personal safety

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Jesus was Si polr? Lets not aggrandize...talking about the "apex" of anything is bound to breed dispute and obfuscate the real nature of the mental process.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    So Jesus was Si polr? Lets not aggrandize...talking about the "apex" of anything is bound to breed dispute and obfuscate the real nature of the mental process.
    By "apex" I just meant "most extreme manifestation". AFAIK what Fermi and his colleagues were doing did not end up being as vital as they thought, so their sacrifice was useless. From this POV the PoLR is even more emphasized - health (eventually, life) depleted, but nothing obtained.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I agree, but I think Si-PoLRs are a fair bit more extreme, e.g. staying up with minimal food for three days to write an essay they want a good mark for, then collapsing with pneumonia for three weeks.
    I've never done that unless I was on a drug binge.
    I cannot see how anyone could do that without being on drugs, really. I might think about a life-and-death situation i.e. war, but for school?
    Shit I periodically stay up 40-50 hours in a row just because fuck sleep. Ya'll wouldn't do it for a good grade?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    By "apex" I just meant "most extreme manifestation". AFAIK what Fermi and his colleagues were doing did not end up being as vital as they thought, so their sacrifice was useless. From this POV the PoLR is even more emphasized - health (eventually, life) depleted, but nothing obtained.
    I just think it's an overly exaggerated example to the point that it becomes irrelevant in application.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck sleep.
    Say that again.