Thread: Tips on Alpha-Gamma friendships?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience is that I actually prefer relations with superego and conflicts to extinguishment/quasi-id. SEEs and ESIs are perfectly fine unless you start talking about anything seriously and inevitably disagree on something, at which point you feel like banging your head on a wall. My impression is that they don’t have much capability for nuance and so it’s difficult to make them understand anything or even really — care, I guess, since they just tune out and continue to state whatever they like if they don’t care to change their opinion . As for ILIs and LIEs though — they can make for interesting conversation, but their personalities tend to become off-putting. They seem as if they have a childish, selfish hedonist trapped inside them they struggle to restrain, and who will make itself known at certain times: when they look at a member of the opposite sex they’ll show this kind of repressed lust, for instance, and watching them actually interact with them is like watching a dog trying to steal his master’s steak. There’s a similar feeling watching them around any other sensory pleasure.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    My experience is that I actually prefer relations with superego and conflicts to extinguishment/quasi-id. SEEs and ESIs are perfectly fine unless you start talking about anything seriously and inevitably disagree on something, at which point you feel like banging your head on a wall. My impression is that they don’t have much capability for nuance and so it’s difficult to make them understand anything or even really — care, I guess, since they just tune out and continue to state whatever they like if they don’t care to change their opinion . As for ILIs and LIEs though — they can make for interesting conversation, but their personalities tend to become off-putting. They seem as if they have a childish, selfish hedonist trapped inside them they struggle to restrain, and who will make itself known at certain times: when they look at a member of the opposite sex they’ll show this kind of repressed lust, for instance, and watching them actually interact with them is like watching a dog trying to steal his master’s steak. There’s a similar feeling watching them around any other sensory pleasure.
    Lol. “A dog around a steak.” That’s me around an ESI if she’s hot. Pretty accurate.

*EDIT*
    This illustrates one of the beautiful things about LII's, from my perspective. They say things which are perfectly true and perfectly unexpected. Things which I would never have thought of.

I wonder if all Extinguishment relations are like this?
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-11-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I wonder if all Extinguishment relations are like this?
    Depends. When you encounter jealous ILI [Let's say there is an ILI who has difficulties with math and wants upmanship with rest of the world in gambling but is also very cautious and meets someone who likes to do stuff where he has weakness]. That is a pretty potent trigger to put their Fe into a test. Their internal balance flies out of handle.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org