Quote Originally Posted by DogOfDanger View Post
I don't know why you're mentioning this. I've claimed that many religious traditions are cultural inheritances, rooted in confusion, and can be ignored. I haven't said anything about Gods existence or the lack thereof. Though I will say... every religious book has its miracles, so miracles can't possibly be the reason for believing in a religion. Infact you really have to convince yourself that the miracles did infact occur in most cases.

They've identified God and his essential nature differently, but they all agree on the metaphysics of it - that there is one and no other before him, that he accounts for the events documented in the old testament, and so on. So yes I'd say they worship the same God but have a different idea of the nature of God.
While it's true miracles are not sufficient, they are usually necessary. It's more of a metanarrative thing, but the miracles tend to be the main narrative points. For example, when Moses and one of Pharoah's magicians faced off they were doing basically the same thing appearance-wise, but the narrative recontextualizes Moses as getting help from God and Pharoah's magician as either just being a charlatan or someone using demons. The infamous unforgivable sin of the New Testament also has everything to do with context, since the Pharisees accused Jesus of driving out demons with Satan's power rather than God's. Maimonides recapitulates that argument later, that not all miracles are themselves evidence of religion, which is true, but the narrative points are the real evidence and that is what the Pharisees denied to Jesus which could not be forgiven since, if you believe the Christian narrative, the Pharisees knew everything prophecied in the Old Testament thoroughly, they were just in denial when they saw Jesus so they could continue being sinful.

How can every religion that believes that be said to be worshipping the same God? Even Satanists believe that, they just think Satan is the real God and the God of the Bible is a usurper.