Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
I think a difference in understanding between me and most users here is that people see a certain correlation between being physically exceptional and being base Se. From my own observation, I can only say that I have spend a fair amount of my time in different athletic fields and interacted with a variety of people who are at a very high level of the sport they are pursuing and they are not extroverted at all. they dedicate a fair amount of their life just improving skills. All the athletes that are at the very top of their sport basically have a certain strategic, unique and tactical approach to what they are doing, and I think it is more related to DCNH subtype than type, as I find that most of these people are dominant subtypes and far away from the stereotype that exists of IEI who are dreamers that spend most of their time in bed, which fits more to normalizing and especially harmonizing subtypes. I think ultimatively all Beta types are warriors, and suggestive Se seems enough if you have it also accentuated as a subtype. you don't need to be hyperaware of your surroundings 24/7 but only for the time that you are actually involved in the sport you are doing which is only a limited amount of time over the day.

here are athletes that I would type as IEI-D:

Michael Jordan
Kobe Bryant
Muhammad Ali
Mike Tyson
Tyson Fury
Christiano Ronaldo
Erling Haaland
Zinedine Zidane
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Tom Brady
Boris Becker
Bobby Fischer

in interviews, these people will flat-out say that they are introverted. often you become the champion by completely ignoring life around you. you don't participate in normal activities, you say "I dream about being the best" and work towards that every single day. Sensing types on the other hand are more focused on experiencing life and taking everything in with their senses. no offense to Gulenko, but he is over 60 years old and a researcher. he may be completely unaware of this aspect of reality, which also applies to many users here who likely are N and H subs and also not that physically involved in life.

...That is not what extraverted means in either Jung or socionics. Extraversion in these typologies is not about going to parties and caring what people think, it is about focusing on the environment vs. focusing on the "unconscious" and inner experiences. Someone who is working out is still chasing stimuli. Even Big Five considers stimuli-chasers to be extravert. Introvert was essentially created as a synonym for schizoid or autistic, which someone like Muhammad Ali and most of these people certainly is not.