Thread: Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like the "Stopped to pee, got into a fight on the rocks by the river, she fell (or was pushed or slipped on wet rocks) and hit her head" theory. He stays there for a while because maybe it takes some time for her to actually die and he doesn't know what the fuck to do because maybe he pushed her, and then he eventually just leaves with a lot of guilt but without a concrete plan.

He really seems to have been acting like a guy without a plan.

Low Ni is a bitch.

Holes in this scenario: If she took some hours to actually move from concussion to death, why didn't he call for help? Guilt over hitting or pushing someone only goes so far. No phone service? Afraid to move her unconscious body to the van to drive for help for fear of damaging her further?

I've been in wilderness areas where my phone didn't work. There are more of them than you might think.

As for why they both left their shoes by the van, I was once in the Southwest wilderness with an ILI buddy and he suddenly said "Stop the car." I did, he jumped out and ran behind some rocks by the side of the road and returned without his underpants. Apparently, diarrhea can make an incredible mess.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-22-2021 at 04:07 PM.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I like the "Stopped to pee, got into a fight on the rocks by the river, she fell (or was pushed or slipped on wet rocks) and hit her head" theory. He stays there for a while because maybe it takes some time for her to actually die and he doesn't know what the fuck to do because maybe he pushed her, and then he eventually just leaves without a concrete plan.

He really seems to have been acting like a guy without a plan.

Low Ni is a bitch.

Holes in this scenaro: If she took some hours to actually move from concussion to death, why didn't he call for help? Guilt over hitting or pushing someone only goes so far. No phone service?

I've been in wilderness areas where my phone didn't work. There are more of them than you might think.
    yes, peeing was def involved at some point here, me thinks

if he hit her he prob wouldn’t alert the authorities because he didn’t want to get in trouble, even if she was still alive and unconscious and in bad shape, imo. case of caring more about his ass than her life (narcissism)

yes, he could have placed the shoes there, outside but why leave evidence someone was with him out in the open? Why wouldn’t he leave the shoes in the van? Not only that, but he also wasn’t wearing his shoes, then. Unless he thought it’s be easier to bury her without shoes. Speaking of which, where would he get the shovel. Would they have a shovel on them? Maybe? But seems kinda weird. Not like he was thinking clearly obv, but hmmm idk
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    yes, peeing was def involved at some point here, me thinks

if he hit her he prob wouldn’t alert the authorities because he didn’t want to get in trouble, even if she was still alive and unconscious and in bad shape, imo. case of caring more about his ass than her life (narcissism)

yes, he could have placed the shoes there, outside but why leave evidence someone was with him out in the open? Why wouldn’t he leave the shoes in the van? Not only that, but he also wasn’t wearing his shoes, then. Unless he thought it’s be easier to bury her without shoes. Speaking of which, where would he get the shovel. Would they have a shovel on them? Maybe? But seems kinda weird. Not like he was thinking clearly obv, but hmmm idk

Yes, they definitely didn't seem to be operating as a team with the other person's welfare considered first.

Also, why do you think he buried her? I haven't seen any indication or mention of that.

Most people who are prepared for a wilderness trip will have a short collapsible excavation tool. It comes in handy for burying poop, covering fire ashes, and digging your car out of a ditch.

But it takes hours to dig a grave (not that I have a lot of experience with this), even with a good shovel, and if you bury someone in a shallow grave, carnivores will just dig up the body during the night because they can smell it. I've seen this with animals.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yes, they definitely didn't seem to be operating as a team with the other person's welfare considered first.

Also, why do you think he buried her? I haven't seen any indication or mention of that.
    just a picture of the tent where they discovered her body, it looked like they had shovels out and I think people near the crime scene said they were digging for a body. He may not have. I’m just kinda been assuming it. They could have been digging for more evidence. And he just left her lay there. It just seemed kind of silly to me to leave her lay there but it’s not like he wasn’t acting odd anyway. I thought it’d be easier to see a body laying there or for dogs to find if it was just laying there, especially with all the social media peeps clearly around this area. But he could have left her there and the animals got to her, nature covered it up a bit, too.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    yes! that's the vibe he gives off, in pics, but the body cam vid way more so. i wouldn't be surprised if he sees things as she's a hysterical crazy person and he just couldn't get her to stop being crazy and get back the nice calm chill vibe he wants... in his mind she's the love of his life, his romantic ideals are through the moon, but she's being emotionally cray and he tries to defend himself from her, and then it led to an incident, and he's just kinda a victim in all these events and now he must run.

and yeah, he could have left her dying... because he'd just be scared and try to save himself. how he interacts with the police seemed like he very much is trying to protect himself and appeal to them and he will say whatever about her so he will be safe...

he wants to maintain his smug calm in which he's in control of everything and she just kept acting like someone with their own mind... she wasn't playing her part in the romantic ideal.