Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't understand how trump fits with christian values. christian values are not detain children in cages at the border, sew division and hatred and play groups off each other so one can benefit from the chaos, work to increase income inequality, incite violence and hate crimes, send secret police into cities to go after people who might be protesting, see women as pussies to grab, etc.

Trump is not a Christian imo. My view of Christianity is that it means one has to accept God into their heart and surrender to God's will. The output in deeds from someone who is led by God will not be these things.

Trump is closer to the notion of the "anti-Christ" if he must have a match. He leads Christians away from God and into the night on fire.

PS. Trump's spiritual advisor: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nment-from-god

Intriguingly she believes the faith is about money? How is she not the spitting image of the religious fakers Jesus was calling out?
    Last edited by marooned; 09-11-2020 at 05:58 PM.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Through Trump God speaks. God called on Trump to guide us here on Earth. It is the wisdom of Trump that God calls for and God always knows what he is doing. Trust in God for he has a plan. Believe in God because if you don't, you will go to Hell and as a good Christian I do not wish to see that happen. I trust in the guidance of God through Trump. Trump is keeping us on the right path and don't believe all the hate and lies that the Left spews. They are going to Hell anyway, so you shouldn't trust them, but do try to save their souls; everyone deserves a chance to be saved and it's the proper Christian thing to submit people to the Glory of God and his infinite love and wisdom and mystery. Through Trump all things are possible.

P.S. God approves this message.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Through Trump God speaks. God called on Trump to guide us here on Earth. It is the wisdom of Trump that God calls for and God always knows what he is doing. Trust in God for he has a plan. Believe in God because if you don't, you will go to Hell and as a good Christian I do not wish to see that happen. I trust in the guidance of God through Trump. Trump is keeping us on the right path and don't believe all the hate and lies that the Left spews. They are going to Hell anyway, so you shouldn't trust them, but do try to save their souls; everyone deserves a chance to be saved and it's the proper Christian thing to submit people to the Glory of God and his infinite love and wisdom and mystery. Through Trump all things are possible.

P.S. God approves this message.
    You forgot the speaking in tongues and laying on of hands part.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The devil has many shapes and forms. Beware the heathen @Aramas that wishes to sway us unto Satan and Hell. For he mocks thy message from God, but little does he know we are on to his deception. And together with Trump, we will defeat the Aramas' of the world.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i don't understand how trump fits with christian values. christian values are not detain children in cages at the border, sew division and hatred and play groups off each other so one can benefit from the chaos, work to increase income inequality, incite violence and hate crimes, send secret police into cities to go after people who might be protesting, see women as pussies to grab, etc.

Trump is not a Christian imo. My view of Christianity is that it means one has to accept God into their heart and surrender to God's will. The output in deeds from someone who is led by God will not be these things.

Trump is closer to the notion of the "anti-Christ" if he must have a match. He leads Christians away from God and into the night on fire.

PS. Trump's spiritual advisor: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nment-from-god

Intriguingly she believes the faith is about money? How is she not the spitting image of the religious fakers Jesus was calling out?
    Interesting article. I din't know he had a spiritual advisor, pastor of a mega church. But I don't know that much.

I said this above, but I think you missed it:

It may seem like Trump is being held up by Christians as a Christian example, but I haven't seen that, although certainly there are those who get things out of perspective. The biggest reason, IMO, that Christians celebrate Trump is because we have a political leader defending, giving a nod to, and respecting our faith.
    Trump is not being admired by anyone for his practice of the Christian faith.

I admire the faith and Christian example and life of Hermit of Loretto, of that good doctor on the video, of John Henry Weston. I wouldn't dream of looking at Trump for an example of how to live the Christian faith. Trump has not/would not hold himself up as that. But I do look up to those three I just mentioned. John the hermit had said, "the hand of God is on Trump", and that "God will use Trump to being America back to God." Amazing that he said that in 1983 to another pious believer. God uses whom He wills for his purposes. They are not always pious persons.

But IMO America is not going to be brought anywhere until things get worse. Many mystics say things will soon get much worse. There are no atheists in the trenches. And we aren't in the trenches yet.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 09-11-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I said this above, but I think you missed it:

It may seem like Trump is being held up by Christians as a Christian example, but I haven't seen that, although certainly there are those who get things out of perspective. The biggest reason, IMO, that Christians celebrate Trump is because we have a political leader defending, giving a nod to, and respecting our faith.
    Trump is not being admired by anyone for his practice of the Christian faith.
    how can one respect the faith when their actions are anti-God? That doesn't seem like real respect. It seems like pandering to a fan base because he wants their votes. Most US presidents have said they are Christian so it's not as though Trump is unique in this regard.

I've always disagreed with fusing church and state as it will violate the religious freedom of the people but it seems this is what evangelical Christianity wants, a nation that forces people under its religion, a true "one nation under God." However, if the leadership is actually not truly with God and is instead lying and pandering to gain Christian votes, the nation that is being voted for won't be under God at all. It would violate what Jesus asked for (such as love your neighbor as yourself) all in the name of "God."

This desired nation that is ruled by religion will then take on an authority of "God," all the while calling on its people to do very unChristian things like putting children in cages and hurting their neighbors (whether this is other neighboring countries or other Americans). So it leads away from what it says it is about.

This is why I was making a distinction between dogma and spirituality. It's no small thing.

A cult leader who flatters their followers and makes them feel special and paid attention to is still a cult leader. What this person offers is a substitute for the real thing, which is to say they offer nothing at all.
    Last edited by marooned; 09-12-2020 at 02:53 AM.