Thread: Do you ever learn anything from you dreams?

Threaded View

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    There are some theories that think dreams are a way for your brain to "train" you in certain scenarios and movement patterns for fighting or anything really.

A lot of my dreams tend to be hyper-violent, with blood, gore, and killing at a very high level. Does it help prepare me for things? I have absolutely no idea.

Probably, if it's a reflection of your subconscious and not just completely random dreaming. Our of curiosity, you have any idea why your dreams are like that? Sounds like you have some anxiety maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by mfckrz View Post
    I never learn anything from mine (why would I?), but they often produce interesting stories.

For me it can help realize instinctual things I've been neglecting I guess. But that's probably the same as the subconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I have a recurring dream of having just signed a year-long lease and moved into an apartment or house I hate. I spend the dream trying to make it work somehow because I can't leave. The apartments look different each time. I have been having this dream a lot lately (2-3 times a week), which tells me I need to get the hell out of this town and move to where I am happy.

That's awesome. I love dreams like that. It's like having someone watch over you and stepping in to let you know something is up.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Last night I dreamt that a guy had lost his wedding ring and his wife shot him in the head and he was happy about it. It wasn't me, the guy was black and bald. I did risk losing the ring 2 days ago, lol

Til death do you part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    If I remember my dreams I often begin interpreting them almost before waking up, so right away. I have developed this "technique" that if I imagine swapping roles with one of the dream characters so that I "become" them, then it will be revealed to me what the psychic material behind the character is. When I experience being the dream figure, I also experience his consciousness, in other words, my own repressed psychic material, that was projected into the dream character. It actually works and it can sometimes be even a scary experience.
    That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    yeah, I've read that the psychologists' interpretation of lesbo dreams go smth like: a need for nurture and understanding, maternal embrace and recognition... which is v true. ç__ç
    What do you think your dreams mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    I get a lot of dreams of teeth falling out.

And I just had one where a cow ate a goat.
    What do you think it means?
    Last edited by Dalek Caan; 06-29-2019 at 03:30 AM.
    Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    blame the merry quadras