Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
Middle class? Working class? No offense but that says nothing to me because I don't believe in the idea of a class struggle. Furthermore people are going to be paid differently according to the services/products they offer. If you don't want to live paycheck to paycheck then get a better job. Save and invest in yourself, and don't blow your money on useless shit. There is plenty that you could do to improve your economical situation.

The reality is most people want to be rich but don't want to sacrifice anything. They want an easy job, with no experience or certificates required and they want to be paid well. That is not going to happen when you made yourself replaceable by anyone in the market. Corporations would rather take your job for less money because they can afford to, and then hire someone else and pay them less. It's that simple. And if people keep acting dumb and do useless jobs like being an elevator operator when technology has already replaced them then they will continue to struggle.

People can't claim to be disadvantaged for so long when opportunities are presented to them and they can't actually act on them rationally. I have seen people that earn way less than me get married so early, take enormous amount of loans to finance their lifestyle and have kids, because they couldn't stomach the idea that if you are not well off you shouldn't be doing any of these things in the first place until you can afford to. No one want to put their life on hold until they get their shit together. People don't even think of retirement because they expect everything to be handed to them now.

You can blame the rich all you want. But I have seen people make stupid choices despite all the warning signs. Despite what you have been told in school, not all paths are equal. A doctor and a nurse are not going to be paid similarly. That is not going to happen. The risks both take are different. Their responsibilities are different. The amount of study and work they do to get where they are is different. Unless you want to pay nobodies to be doctors and have a high turnover rate due to malpractice and then get sued to oblivion.
The issue has little to do with an upper, middle and lower class existing and mostly to do with the widening gap between the rich and working class/poor and the middle class disappearing. It's natural for society to function to have a class disparity of some sort or we end up in a communist state, which has been proven impractical in the past. As I mentioned in this following post, it's largely about the widening gap between the rich and poor due to rising inflation and salaries not keeping up:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1315234

I think most of the ire and hatred is drawn towards the rich or upper class because they see the gap between the rich and working class/poor widening rather than shrinking. When you look at statistics, that certainly is the case in terms of inflation increasing:

https://inflationdata.com/Inflation/..._inflation.jpg

However, it's not just because of inflation, it's salaries not keeping up to inflation that is the real issue so this is where the anger at the upper class or rich lies because workers are gradually getting paid less and less in relation to the cost of living.

http://www.pewresearch.org/wp-conten...e_adjusted.png

Essentially, the main issue is that our salaries are not keeping up to the rising cost of living due to inflation:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/be/14/36/b...-of-living.jpg

So 60 years ago in 1958, you can buy yourself a house at a third of your salary, where as nowadays that is obviously not the case.
Basically, the rich are becoming richer and the poor are becoming poorer because if you do the math, it's pretty clear that salaries are not keeping up with inflation and that has been an on going issue since the 1950s. You can increase minimum wage to help deal with it, but it's just a band-aid solution for the real issue at hand, which is salaries are not keeping up to inflation. Our quality of life has decreased quite visibly and noticeably compared to the 1990s and it's obvious to see why. It's also a trend that has shown no means of slowing down and it is continuing at a steady pace.

In an ample amount of North American cities, renting or purchasing a home is not affordable because of the ludicrously high house prices, then add in the rising cost of bills, food and most items and it's not difficult to see that our quality of life decreasing. That is the main crux of the issue in the end, if our quality of life had remained stable or improved then this wouldn't be an issue, but it's a serious issue and we can't just brush it under the carpet that the poor and working class are envious of the rich when the gap between them is widening and there are numerous statistics that prove this is happening.