Thread: Gamma Examples

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I don't see any going on with him. Unless you guys are being dumb and can't separate movie character roles from the actual actor themselves.
    He's a shy, subdued guy offscreen either way, so I wouldn't expect him to "jizz effusiveness" or something (I don't expect SEIs to be that way anyways). Sometimes he talks in a very independent way, in the sense of how the movie industry disgusted him, how it tried to take control over his image, etc.. He charted his own path, and just did what he liked. He relayed a story once about being bullied as a kid, and his mom telling him the next time it happens, to just hit the kid with a rock. So he did that.. and he used it as an illustration for the rest of his life. He's not giving in to other people's needs or something. But then, nor are SEIs. /shrug

OTOH, he seems to go out of his way sometimes to be the nice guy. I remember coming across another funny story, where he was pissed off about paparazzis snapping shots of his kids. He actually tracked one down, and literally went to his house or something.. but he didn't chastise him. He was trying to talk sense.. like he wondered why the guy couldn't do something else with his life. Kind of funny. I wish I could find the article now.

None of this is necessarily type related. I'm just airing out some random things. You don't have to treat this as if we're looking only at his movies. He's interesting enough to read about offscreen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    That sounds pretty cool and respectable of him to attempt to do. Especially considering that if it were me in that position, I assume my impulse would be to bash the guys face in.
    I know what you mean.

Only one other anecdotal relationship I'll mention: Brando. They were supposedly good friends too. Enough that the seclusive Brando was apparently calling him a lot at night, in his last days, just to bullshit about anything. Johnny has mentioned that it kind of annoyed his wife. I also remember that in some interview about Don Juan DeMarco (when they first met), Faye Dunaway went on about how Brando saw Depp as his "successor" of sorts. He looked out for him in a lot of way it seems. It didn't seem like Johnny was the supervisor. Even a little thing like this could shed light..

Hollywood star Johnny Depp refuses to discuss his personal life with reporters, ever since late movie icon Marlon Brando admonished him for talking about his daughters in a TV interview. Depp was surprised to receive an angry phone call from Brando, who died in 2004, just moments after the interview aired. He says, "I had done some television interview, and they asked about my family life and kids. I talked about how I’m a proud father and how much I love my kids and how they’re fun and what we do and how it’s great. "I was thinking that if in 25, 35 years my kids watch old footage, I’d be proud for them to see their dad saying how much he loves them. "Well, the show aired, and I get a phone call: ‘What the f**k are you doing?’ I said, ‘Marlon, what are you talking about?’ He said, ‘That’s none of their business!’ "I tried to say, ‘Marlon, listen, man, I only wanted my kids to…’ And it was like he gave me this sort of once-over. ‘You don’t do it, man. That’s your world and it’s nobody else’s business. It’s not anybody’s entertainment.’ And he was right."