2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the compilation:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the description. I don't know if it's accurate though. The one thing though, I'm unsure of the IEE being okay being "assistant" to the SLI who is "commanding," as it said. It could be correct, but I don't really see myself as "assistant."
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I like the description. I don't know if it's accurate though. The one thing though, I'm unsure of the IEE being okay being "assistant" to the SLI who is "commanding," as it said. It could be correct, but I don't really see myself as "assistant."
    I think that was just for chores/practical tasks. On a related note, I can piss off my SLE dad for basically switching off and waiting to be told what to do step-by-step

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    I think that was just for chores/practical tasks. On a related note, I can piss off my SLE dad for basically switching off and waiting to be told what to do step-by-step
    wow having a SLE dad has gotta be tough for an IEE guy -- you are IEE right? If I grew up in that situation I would probably get good at pushups or end up in the army just to prove something, or something.

But do you think we are that good at being told what to do though? I can be stubborn about my inefficient ways of doing things (or not doing them). I've had Si egos criticize my fridge, calling it a "war zone" etc, but as soon as they left I went back to throwing things randomly in there and keeping tiny pieces of food I should've just thrown out.

edit -- oh duh, it's in your sig!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-male

wow having a SLE dad has gotta be tough for an IEE guy -- you are IEE right? If I grew up in that situation I would probably get good at pushups or end up in the army just to prove something, or something.
    It's like simultaneously having a really vicious super-ego and no dad at once. Oh, and my mum's ESI. I grew up without Si :frown:

It's left me with this attitude of trying to kick reason to the curb and do the impossible just to prove that I could do Se, but then giving up because in reality I can't. End result: low self-esteem and much lost energy from spun wheels. That's the "proving something" attitude.

Thankfully, though, I've been associating more with Si-ers, so I'm gradually releasing the tight grip I have on myself.

But do you think we are that good at being told what to do though? I can be stubborn about my inefficient ways of doing things (or not doing them). I've had Si egos criticize my fridge, calling it a "war zone" etc, but as soon as they left I went back to throwing things randomly in there and keeping tiny pieces of food I should've just thrown out.
    I find that SLIs tend to sound like they're advising me (or placating me ). Unless they're feeling cranky and barky .

I get this in World of Warcraft. I tend to go for my own talent setups (talents are bonus points you place into passive bonuses/new spells so you can customise your character), and get really defensive when people tell me my talent choices are miring my levelling. My talent choices are making my levelling interesting!

Look at it this way... I imagine, if you were living with an SLI, I don't think you'd actually have any control over the workings of any shared territory, fridges included. Slacker Mom, confirm/deny?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Smart nerds always have it tough. I think you are explaining the outcast one feels from being a loser nerd wow player (like myself though I'm trying out other rpgs now like Aion which is currently downloading) rather than the cool tough guy jock, more than anything else.

Shy straight guys probably have it the roughest when u think about it. THIS IS SO INTERESTING I'LL START ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT IT!