Threaded View

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nina Simone

quotes:

I'm a real rebel with a cause.

I had spent many years pursuing excellence, because that is what classical music is all about... Now it was dedicated to freedom, and that was far more important.

Once I understood Bach's music, I wanted to be a concert pianist. Bach made me dedicate my life to music, and it was that teacher who introduced me to his world.

You can't help it. An artist's duty, as far as I'm concerned, is to reflect the times.

Life is short. People are not easy to know. They're not easy to know, so if you don't tell them how you feel, you're not going to get anywhere, I feel.

My love is like the wind and wild is the wind. Give me more than one caress, satisfy my hungriness. Let the wind blow through your heart for wild is the wind.

Greed has driven the world crazy. And I think I'm lucky that I have a place over here that I can call home.

This may be a dream, but I'll say it anyway: I was supposed to be married last year, and I bought a gown. When I meet Nelson Mandela, I shall put on this gown and have the train of it removed and put aside, and kiss the ground that he walks on and then kiss his feet.

I would like a man now who is rich, and who can give me a boat - a sailboat. I want to own it and let him pay for it. My first love is the sea and water, not music. Music is second.

I think if I were over there in America, protest music would be more important. But I'm not going.

You've got to learn to leave the table When love's no longer being served.

To most white people, jazz means black and jazz means dirt, and that's not what I play. I play black classical music.

I don't like rap music at all. I don't think it's music. It's just a beat and rapping.

I think the rich will eventually have to cave in too, because the economic situation around the world is not gonna tolerate the United States being on top forever.

I think the rich are too rich and the poor are too poor. I don't think the black people are going to rise at all; I think most of them are going to die.

Last edited by silke; 07-08-2017 at 10:29 PM. Reason: updated links
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei