Thread: Sex Abuse Scandal in the Catholic Church

Threaded View

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Do you recant?
    I'll say that is not a well crafted law, but then again you're the one bringing all this up to try & win an argument I never started or cared about, I've never pledged to want to uphold the Jews customs & traditions. I've never claimed that what you've posted is something divine... the way it reads sounds oddly as if the writer believes justice is being served, this really emphasizes how women were literally treated as potted plants or bags of wheat back then.
    I've discussed this before, but I don't even read the bible the way you're presuming I should, you act as if the bible has to be treated as some perfectly accurate, divine account of all things, but you're literally just reading the Jews history of their civilization and laws. The bible is 66 books written by almost all different authors across thousands of years, in different places, in different languages, for different purposes - it's not even a coherent set of messages. I don't expect it to be what you're presuming it is... To me that is just a passage that some ancient man wrote within the context of a partially functional ancient society that operated very different from ours, making a compromise recording their customs and laws that seemed to resolve problems for them, given the way their society worked back then, with the best of intentions - and that is all, woohoo - you seem to think it should be this divine document perfect in all ways, like there is something magical about it, and that if you can prove it isn't you've somehow proven something about Gods existence.
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 11-14-2022 at 04:16 AM.