Thread: Do we NEED Duality?

Threaded View

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m going to throw my own thoughts in the rings since I started this discussion

In theory, I think duality would be the best romantically. If not romantically, I think the best for a parent/child relationship. But real human experience is way different then theory. In the Sense, just because it is always great in theory, doesn’t mean it is going to work out in real life. Plus, there are a lot of duals you will be incompatible with because of interests, backgrounds, life experiences, etc.

I also honestly believe that some people don’t really need their dual. I think there are some people in this world that don’t like their dual seeking function or appreciate it and don’t want someone like that even if it makes life easier for them. I was honestly like that when I was younger and most people want someone who is similar to them. In the sense, if you have more similar functions or on the same sensing/intuitive axis, it makes it easier to relate.

I also have a lot of friends that are very very different then me and I really appreciate what they bring to the table. They are good at things I will never be good at and vice versa. It doesn’t mean the relationship is any worse. I do think there are some inter type relationships that ARE more beneficial then duals at times. Supervisor can be one and mirage as well.

I think we know ourselves best and we know what kind of relationship is going to be best for us. Friendship wise I will honestly be open with every type. Hell, I’ve had a lot of gamma friends that I care about. (Edit: looking back, this came out wrong. Basically despite being in a conflict quadra, I still have close gamma friends that I care deeply about and get along with. Essentially we have a good relation despite theory). Romantically, I am open to dating types that are not my dual however, I am limiting to LSI, LII, and EIE personally. Though, I would personally prefer a dual, I would not think any less of my partner if I ended up with any of those other types. I know what I need at the least in a partner and I would rather be alone if my partner didn’t have them. But I know I do naturally seek out my dual and need help with it…I know I do personally.

I could most likely be easily friends with an ILE women, I don’t think I could be close friends with an ILE man at all. It would be more of a respect thing then me not being able to control myself lol. I would like a close ILE friend Just I haven’t found someone around me yet that wants to get close.

Also, I survived this long without duality. I know I’ll be fine. Though…I think the right dual would make my life brighter. But the important thing is finding the right one for me. Be that friendship, romantic, or both.

I can get by on my own, but I do think duality would make life nicer but it is not always required thing.
    Last edited by MissDucki; 10-03-2021 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Edit