Thread: The Most Preposterous Notion in Socionics

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Really?? I'm honestly completely baffled by this statement unless I just am misunderstanding you (in which case sorry, please correct me), but I choose things I dislike all the time. Probably every functional human does I would think. I don't like cleaning my house at all but I choose to do it anyways because I feel the voice of my mother in the back of my head scolding me for not cleaning if I don't. It's simply something you "ought" to do whether you like it or not
    Right. But those things don't follow under the umbrella of things you value in socionics. Cleaning your house is something you don't value that you do. When you freely choose something, you would not choose to do it unless you liked it. And that is basically what I was saying...

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Right. But those things don't follow under the umbrella of things you value in socionics. Cleaning your house is something you don't value that you do. When you freely choose something, you would not choose to do it unless you liked it. And that is basically what I was saying...
    Ohhhh okay, I'm sorry for misunderstanding. I see what you mean now!
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Ohhhh okay, I'm sorry for misunderstanding. I see what you mean now!
    It's okay. I looked at what I wrote, and I think I should have said 'freely choose.' That would have been more clear...