Hybrid View

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Because on here, my goal is to help others.... Not "be myself" or be validated for "who I really am" In my opinion, "being myself" would be selfish if it didn't really amount to a greater good.

You're right. Posting a vid absolutely would show the difference. Unfortunately I don't have to prove shit to you. Doing that would just be ego. Momentary pleasure. That's it

Internet persona is just a phrase. It's not what one does but why they do it. If I can, I use each function as is necessary. Otherwise I won't say shit
    Allright, that's very charitable of you to create a kind persona to help others. I don't think being yourself requires the goal of self-validation, it's just not maintaining any specific persona. I think one can be helpful and constructive even without a "mr nice guy" persona.

Also, I don't think you have to "prove" anything, but you yourself said that you are very different on the forums than in real life. Would be interesting, in the name of socionics, to understand this difference.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Allright, that's very charitable of you to create a kind persona to help others. I don't think being yourself requires the goal of self-validation, it's just not maintaining any specific persona. I think one can be helpful and constructive even without a "mr nice guy" persona.

Also, I don't think you have to "prove" anything, but you yourself said that you are very different on the forums than in real life. Would be interesting, in the name of socionics, to understand this difference.
    I'm not really "Mr Nice Guy" but that would be the colloquialism some would use, I guess. I never suggested the way I type is how everyone ought to or that there's only one way to communicate effectively. I mean the shit I say & only convey it so it's understood.

It would be an interesting case study if I posted a video. Even if I did, people would still idiotically debate me being SLE. It would be better to spend that energy on folk who actually come here for advice/help.