Hybrid View

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    I find that SLE-Ti are less fickle then SLE-Se. My brother is an SLE-Ti and he can get fickle with plans at times and gets moody with it. He doesn't really listen to me, but I can give my observation about it.

My brother gets a bit tunnel vision when he sees an opportunity that can be logically beneficial in his mind. He is full speed ahead until he is bored or the object has been used up. I kinda view it as a train on the train tracts that shifts the direction every so often. Always a fast moving train that shifts it's tracks quickly when it needs to or have made his own judgements of the environments and logically believes it is a good idea. He also seems to be a bit unaware of his own potential emotional impact of shifting the the tracks or he doesn't realize he is getting hit with Fe until he does. Personally, I think he is a bit more emotionally upset that his own feelings are impacting the change in tracts despite his own logical decisions for the track change if that makes sense? He doesn't seem to acknowledged or understand how his Ni and Fe are impacting him until he needs it and then shit is in chaos and the train is off the tracts lol. A good mechanic with Ni and Fe can keep the train on the tracts and fix the little bumps heading to the destination. That's how I view it anyway.
    In what scenarios would SLEs use this? Leadership?

Maybe I am misunderstanding Se. Maybe Se is not "leadership" as I thought. I thought most SLEs and SEEs take charge in nearly every situation, and that they are very focused on goal-oriented activity.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eiemo View Post
    In what scenarios would SLEs use this? Leadership?

Maybe I am misunderstanding Se. Maybe Se is not "leadership" as I thought. I thought most SLEs and SEEs take charge in nearly every situation, and that they are very focused on goal-oriented activity.
    Hmmm maybe. I mostly see it with everyday life and goals with SLE. I just view Se as very present moment goal orientaion with tunnel vision. My sister is a SEE-Fi and like my brother, they are very focused on getting to their goal now then it necessarily down the line in the future. If you both have the same goal at the moment, I will say it is a blessing lol. They can be leaders, but I prefer it when it's a present moment kind of think and not a long-term chess play of a situation. For example, My sister and I went shopping recently and I thought we were going to the store across town then the one near us. I prefer the one across town and she was able to shift gears and navigate a quicker path on the back roads to the store before I could think. I would have had to GPS and serious think and visually imagine how the hell to get there and it would have taken a lot more time lol. She just knew and off she went (then called me out that I would take forever to figure out how to get there if I was the one driving lol).

My brother is the same way, just different motivations. Doesn't seem to think about the mechanics, just reasoning and does it. Like the train, both just chug along to their goal without thought too much and shift gears when needed at the moment.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Hmmm maybe. I mostly see it with everyday life and goals with SLE. I just view Se as very present moment goal orientaion with tunnel vision. My sister is a SEE-Fi and like my brother, they are very focused on getting to their goal now then it necessarily down the line in the future. If you both have the same goal at the moment, I will say it is a blessing lol. They can be leaders, but I prefer it when it's a present moment kind of think and not a long-term chess play of a situation. For example, My sister and I went shopping recently and I thought we were going to the store across town then the one near us. I prefer the one across town and she was able to shift gears and navigate a quicker path on the back roads to the store before I could think. I would have had to GPS and serious think and visually imagine how the hell to get there and it would have taken a lot more time lol. She just knew and off she went (then called me out that I would take forever to figure out how to get there if I was the one driving lol).

My brother is the same way, just different motivations. Doesn't seem to think about the mechanics, just reasoning and does it. Like the train, both just chug along to their goal without thought too much and shift gears when needed at the moment.
    SLEs don't use tunnel vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Tunnel vision is associated more with Ips and Ejs, and these types tend make the better leaders but not necessarily the better managers. Tunnel vision is likely an ingredient in leadership and SLEs don't have it. Se-types tend to have much broader focus than Si-types; it could be said that most Eps have problems with focus - unlike Ips.

a.k.a. I/O
    Tbh, SLE don't care about leadership if it's for a stupid reason.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    SLEs don't use tunnel vision.
    Tunnel vision is probably a crappy way of describing it, I just view it as something linear and thus, I used 'tunnel vision' cause that was my perception of interrupting it. They take in the environment, they process quickly, then go and nothing will stop them from completing what they want to complete.