Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
Your initial comment was that it doesn't seem necessarily related to socionics - this is mistaken simply because, it is related to socionics, and to issues with ethics (primarily Fe but also Fi) in general.

Fe is about self-expression and communication of feelings, thoughts, and desires, so it is naturally linked to getting to know a person. Fi has to do with more purely "inner" qualities.

Is it easier to get to know people who have a certain relationship with you? Sure, but that wasn't the question, not to mention that it's less significant overall. A Delta will still probably find it relatively easy to get to know an EIE compared to an SLI, even if the relationship is overall less pleasant. I find SLEs and SEEs pretty easy to get to know compared to SLIs, even though the relationship is more difficult.

Social introversion is definitely correlated with socionic introversion, so you got that right. But IEIs are also much more approachable than Fe-4 types.

If you want to know what I think about Reinin dichotomies you can read here.
Hmm, well that is interesting. I didn’t realize Reinin dichotomies were seen in such a way.

So I do suppose this is more of a question about approachability, correct? In that case, Fe PoLR would definitely complicate getting to know someone, at least, considering the initiation phase.

But what about the continual process of getting to know somebody following the approach?
I still don’t think Fe PoLR is much of a hindrance here. Getting to know an Fe PoLR person would involve getting to know the Fe PoLR aspects about them and their SLI/ILI-ness, right? Like, an SLI could tell me about themselves for hours and I would get to know them without Fe PoLR because they don’t really identify with Fe-related things in the first place. Fe is just not part of the “them” that I am getting to know. Sure, they probably wouldn’t be very “expressive”, but they could still be very “telling” about themselves. So I say this is more IR related because it’s about getting to know someone on their terms instead of just your own. I don’t expect to get to know SLIs by focusing on how awesomely radiant their Fe is, because it isn’t.

You say:

Fe is about self-expression and communication of feelings, thoughts, and desires, so it is naturally linked to getting to know a person. Fi has to do with more purely "inner" qualities.

But is our identity to be found in those ideas? In this way, I think our actions speak for ourselves. I identify SLI/ILI by their reticence as well as whatever may hide behind it. If I consider getting to know somebody the same thing as digging through their Fe box, then of course Fe PoLR would be hard to know! But that would be my fault, not their fault! This disagreement seems to be one of what we consider “getting to know” and “someone” really is. However, I see myself as the outlier here, so I concede.

But if this is indeed primarily about approachability, then sure, Fe PoLR takes the cake.
IDK, what do people who don’t care much about Fe think about how much it affects approachability to you?