Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
I like my plumbing, electricity & wifi, but I do permaculture already. In case ppl don't know what that is: https://www.permaculturenews.org/what-is-permaculture/
The buck stops at not having offspring and bs like that. Y'all can do that if you wish, our family legacy will be spread,come hell or high water. I won;t let some filthy middle class westerner dictate wtf I on the other side of the planet can and can't do haha.
Oh, I almost certainly live beyond my "share" of the Earth's means myself.

But if we do not even accept that this is a problem, then future generations are going to suffer a grim fate.

Personally, it would be easier for me to live sustainably if I was not unduly impoverished (whether economically or in terms of lifestyle) compared to others in society. Governments should be far more aggressively tackling the problem so that it is a group effort.

I feel like I COULD make changes to my lifestyle now, at a cost. But alternatively, if I manage and invest money wisely throughout my lifetime while trying to make changes that do not unduly reduce my enjoyment of life, then should I die, I would be able to use my cash to benefit causes that would best reduce the environmental impact. The one unknown in these considerations however is that we may reach irreversible tipping points before my demise that greatly outweigh the benefit of my lifetime compound returns.