Hybrid View

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    The frequent use of emojis and similar devices such as reaction images, different fonts etc. does remind me of another LSI here, namely @onfireee

Both are inflammatory posters who seek similar-minded people. Being on the C/H axis combined with the social orientation of LSI it isn't all that surprising.

The more stereotypical and drier LSI (D/N sub) strikes me as a type that wouldn't even register on these forums in the first place, especially the N type. I know a couple of those types in real life, and forums like these hold zero interest for them.
    I wasn’t referencing his use of emojis at all, but his tendency to BLATANTLY and obviously change his wording of things to match his self-typing (or “G”-typing...) of the hour.

Even if he is LSI, I think he deserves to be mocked for this, especially if he’s going to be rude and mock other people.

And I’m skeptical of the typing even if I may agree in the end. Maybe it’s due to being Ti valuing, but I’m not interested in appeals to authority.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I wasn’t referencing his use of emojis at all, but his tendency to BLATANTLY and obviously change his wording of things to match his self-typing (or “G”-typing...) of the hour.

Even if he is LSI, I think he deserves to be mocked for this, especially if he’s going to be rude and mock other people.

And I’m skeptical of the typing even if I may agree in the end. Maybe it’s due to being Ti valuing, but I’m not interested in appeals to authority.
    I don't see him changing his posting style, political opinions or music taste at all based on whatever his typing has been. It's always been the same.

What he does do, though, is change all the window dressing attached to his forum presence such as avatar, signature, location etc. Basically everything except the basic structure of his signature and the username.

His opinions stay. He just draws new conclusions about how it could be explained because of socionics, why he dislikes a particular quadra or type and vice versa.

If you consider how LSI always has to exist within a system, it makes good sense. They are the opposite of loners that go their own way, they want to fit in a group and wear the "uniform" or "colors" of whatever that is. Not dissimilar from what EIE do, really.

All his typings in other systems, especially the enneagram 6 which he strongly identifies with, have remained the same and he often used these to cast doubt on his socionics typing when he saw something being contradictory.

He keeps looking for contradictions in each typing and that is the driver for the type hopping. Many Ne leads, especially IEE, seem to be remarkably static and resistant to changing their type so I wouldn't attribute that trait to Ne.

In fact, leading Ti probably makes it harder because of the constant searching for flawless fit without contradictions (arguably Ti with Ne being H-P is better at seeing the different perspectives, while C-D cog types according to mr. DarkAngelFireWolf69 have the most trouble with socionics):
    "He freely makes logical assertions, often exaggerated, about new information and experience. He holds highest those rules to which exceptions do not exist"

When it comes to appeals of authority, I often see Ti leading types deferring to authority if it is related to someone's long experience and obvious expertise, however only when they themselves have accepted someone being worthy of that. It's not something lightly given.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see him changing his posting style, political opinions or music taste at all based on whatever his typing has been. It's always been the same.

What he does do, though, is change all the window dressing attached to his forum presence such as avatar, signature, location etc. Basically everything except the basic structure of his signature and the username.

His opinions stay. He just draws new conclusions about how it could be explained because of socionics, why he dislikes a particular quadra or type and vice versa.
    Yes and that classically matches using Ti in a creative manner, not a staunch LSI. An LSI, even being Ne polr, would typically notice their extreme changeability and take it with a stronger grain of salt that they maybe aren’t an Ij type... (this is a thought exercise obviously)

The problem is that these “new conclusions” he draws are often in such extreme contradiction of one another. Ti leads are supposed to be able to IDENTIFY contradictions, not CREATE them like a fountain out of their asses.

I do think he might be LSI at this point though... he definitely uses his Ne in an “extreme” manner.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Yes and that classically matches using Ti in a creative manner, not a staunch LSI. An LSI, even being Ne polr, would typically notice their extreme changeability and take it with a stronger grain of salt that they maybe aren’t an Ij type... (this is a thought exercise obviously)

The problem is that these “new conclusions” he draws are often in such extreme contradiction of one another. Ti leads are supposed to be able to IDENTIFY contradictions, not CREATE them like a fountain out of their asses.
    That quote was actually from the "Ti as a leading function" column on sociotype.com, lol. I would actually see LSI as more likely to reset all the rules to a new system just to avoid any contradictions, while Ti creative isn't too bothered by them and would happily twist them to further their agenda. Logic being a tool to be used and discarded, not something that has to fit perfectly at all times.

I think the constant contradictions were bothering him and driving him crazy instead of being fun thought experiments one after another (as I'd expect from ILE, maybe even with a trolling purpose). I'm willing to consider him having stopped the type hopping now. Maybe even the blocking of naysayers is a sign of that. Personally I think blocking people is completely unnecessary and I haven't even blocked Sol, but maybe sowing seeds of doubt is actually painful to Ne polr / Type 6.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That quote was actually from the "Ti as a leading function" column on sociotype.com, lol. I would actually see LSI as more likely to reset all the rules to a new system just to avoid any contradictions, while Ti creative isn't too bothered by them and would happily twist them to further their agenda. Logic being a tool to be used and discarded, not something that has to fit perfectly at all times.

I think the constant contradictions were bothering him and driving him crazy instead of being fun thought experiments one after another (as I'd expect from ILE, maybe even with a trolling purpose). I'm willing to consider him having stopped the type hopping now. Maybe even the blocking of naysayers is a sign of that. Personally I think blocking people is completely unnecessary and I haven't even blocked Sol, but maybe sowing seeds of doubt is actually painful to Ne polr / Type 6.
    Oh interesting. Good quote. Sorry, I originally didn’t even read that part of your post after I read about your perspective of him not showing changeability lol.

Yeah, I agree that I wouldn’t block people on the same grounds he does either and it makes sense.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinion (shotgun shouldn't be able to see this post lol) is that all this is explained best by ESI tropes/cognition descriptions. The inconsistency, the being really so bothered by too many "maybe" options, all very ESI stereotypically. LSIs just seem to ignore whatever doesn't fit their logic in Socionics as far as I observed, I only observed ESIs getting really bogged down by the too many options and that's a pattern pointed out in ESI type descs. Anecdotally, I also observed that ESIs seem to be the type most upset by not finding the right perfectly fitting sociotype in that classic way of ruminating on all those options and possibilities.

But it doesn't matter what socionics label we put on it. The observed pattern I described fits the ESI tropes, but it doesn't have to be labelled by any socionics shit to have validity and actually without such labelling, it retains more usability too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    Yeah, this exactly. Ever since the very beginning, he has always expressed wanting and valuing the same consistent things, even way back when he thought he was SLI. I don't see a reason to doubt Shotgun's core character as being fake, or DarkAngelFireWolf69's assessment since SGF has always expressed valuing the same core things and ideals.
    Agreed I do think he has consistent ethical valuations (Fi but now I'm just almost trolling sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    People are picking up on your randomness/playfulness/sociability/vacillative nature and trying to reconcile that with the new LSI typing. But at the same time, there is no need to explain yourself. Not all the discrepancies has to be or can be explained by typing.
    I observed this type of "randomness/playfulness/sociability" & vacillativeness in ESIs but sure it doesn't have to be type related. I just know how many people that fit ESI tropes the most have that playful and random style. For some reason this is a definite pattern but I don't know why. I can't see how Fi Se or any of the IEs explain it well lol tbh

That is, I just see it as some really personable excitability if that makes sense... but I don't really want to put the Fi&Se labels on that. To me it would miss the point, because it would then be relegated to too simplistic categories that miss the nuance of real life observations.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveYourself View Post
    jeez why do people take it so seriously when someone types as something different than what they typed them?

It's not a personal attack on you that they don't agree with you and it's not any stress to you if they are mistyped. Just leave them to it
    &

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Why put time into analyzing a person that doesn't care about your opinion though? He spent money and got what he wanted. He's satisfied. He's not even agressive. We all know how easygoing he has always been. He may have raised his voice today, but you're stressing him. Why the fuck do we need to disturb his enthusiasm? Jeez, let's all just have a fucking beer or something.
    Because of how Astronics's bullshit "logical" model naturally causes cognitive dissonance
    Last edited by grumpyvic81; 10-09-2020 at 12:36 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    I mean. Yeah, ok. Go ahead and cherry pick what I said about him expressing what would be consistent quadra values (which aligns to theory), so you can support your typing which goes against a professional and respected typer's and Socionics Theorist's opinion.

Just can't stand it when people take what I say out of context (??? though what's contained here in the spoiler may not be the "correct" words to convey my sentiment or whatever, I'm quite tired as usual).
    Idk about quadra values man, I relate to more than one quadra's values lol.

And who the fuck cares about this bullshit theory either anyway, incl the "professional" typings

BTW also idk what it was that you feel I took out of context, or what particularly bothers you about my opinion since it's just an opinion and not the Holy Truth, but I'm not gonna guess at what bothered you so much