Thread: You know you're LIE when...

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    It isn't really my intent to "pitch" if it's what I do lol. Usually I'll propose my ideas and hope that others will see the appeal in the idea itself, rather than have them focus on my discourse.
    LIE's ability to connect the dots shows up in most of their written and verbal communication because content is usually well structured, logical and easy to follow; being able to move, ad hoc, the focus of an audience to a targetted idea is a real strength. Again, some are better at it than others but on average, LIEs tend to be the best at explaining complex concepts to the uninformed even though the ideas can be faulty.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    LIE's ability to connect the dots shows up in most of their written and verbal communication because content is usually well structured, logical and easy to follow; being able to move, ad hoc, the focus of an audience to a targetted idea is a real strength. Again, some are better at it than others but on average, LIEs tend to be the best at explaining complex concepts to the uninformed even though the ideas can be faulty.

a.k.a. I/O
    Most people at the place I work and university would agree with this, there is however one particular ESE who believes I get angry too soon when faced with too many questions or suggestions which point towards "outside of topic"
    For example, in her opinion, when I want to go from X to Y and have a plan for this, it usually makes me angry if someone keeps suggesting : why are you going to Y? Why did you start from X? Why not go to Z? Why do you want to go at all?
    Which are the questions this particular ESE asks a lot
    It's not comfortable for me to keep pausing my process to answer these questions to someone who is constantly making seemingly unrelated suggestions

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    ....It's not comfortable for me to keep pausing my process to answer these questions to someone who is constantly making seemingly unrelated suggestions
    This tunnel vision, which ESEs can also have in spades, keeps Ejs on task but makes them rather combative at times. When I used to see two Ejs going at it, I likened it to two people sword-fighting with dunce caps - the caps signifying the progressive narrowing of vision.
    a.k.a. I/O