I know there are many threads on this topic, I've read them, but there is something I need help understanding. This is mostly to do with my confusion with what Si is supposed to be in socionics.

This is taken from Wikisocion:

Introverted sensing () is an irrational, introverted, and dynamic information element. It is also referred to as Si, S, experiential sensing, or white sensing.

Si is associated with the ability to internalize sensations and to experience them in full detail.

Si focuses on tangible, direct (external) connections (introverted) between processes (dynamic) happening in one time, i.e. the physical, sensual experience of interactions between objects. This leads to an awareness of internal tangible physical states and how various physical fluctuations or substances are directly transferred between objects, such as motion, temperature, or dirtiness. The awareness of these tangible physical processes consequently leads to an awareness of health or an optimum balance with one's environment. The individual physical reaction to concrete surroundings is the main way we perceive and define aesthetics, comfort, convenience, and pleasure.

In contrast to extroverted sensing Se, Si is related to following one's own needs instead of focusing on some externally-driven conception of what is necessary to acquire or achieve. So, whereas Se ego types feel capable to evaluate how justified others' preferences are, Si ego types will try to adjust to them in any way possible (given that it does not extremely affect their own comfort), wishing to minimize conflict.
In contrast to introverted intuition Ni, Si is about direct interaction and unity (or discord) with one's surroundings, rather than abstract process and causal links.
Types that value Si prefer to spend their time doing enjoyable activities rather than straining themselves to achieve goals. They like to believe that if activities are done with enjoyment, people will give them more effort and time, and also becoming more skilled at what they are doing in the long run. They believe that goals should suit people's intrinsic needs rather than shaped by the demands and constraints of the external world, and so do not try to force others into doing things they don't want to do. They also try to be easygoing and pleasant, preferring peaceful coexistence to conflict, except when their personal well-being or comfort is directly at stake.

This line, in particular, stuck out to me.

"The individual physical reaction to concrete surroundings is main way we perceive and define aesthetics, comfort, convenience, and pleasure."

This is generally seen as the function of aesthetic taste, how these sense perceptions affect a person internally. Si doms from what I read seem to be conscious of some consistency of bodily sensations, meaning they know when to take a break from work best or when they are coming down with an illness.

Another description of Si is a momentary "here and now" leisurely approach to life.

So what does it look like when you have Si as the vulnerable function?

ENTjs dress like they're homeless? ENFjs are useless when it comes to practical day-to-day details? However, I don't disagree with this but I have a problem with it regardless since Si is actually used in a lot of things both of these types will likely engage in.

ENFJs I think would care a great deal about aesthetics, however. If you have ever heard of the phrase "Beauty is pain", that sounds like an ENFj approach to aesthetics to me. I think its a pretty normal goal for an ENFj to want to be beautiful, not dress tacky or like a clown and be laughed at.

Both of these types may join a gentlemen's club and/or become enthusiasts for whiskey, wine, cigars, or gourmet cooking. To these types this is not for the sake of leisure this is a way to network and/or show off their refined nature in some way. Both of these types can have quite refined tastes and a great sense of aesthetics, but it will be all learned painstakingly and for some Ni future goal, never for an Si enjoyment.

What do you all think? Agree or disagree?