Thread: Which is more badass, 8w7 or 8w9 ?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Tbh, I find 8w9 more likely for you Adam. There are several instances where you attempt to smooth the waters and keep your composure like a 9. That's not characteristic of 8w7.

I knew another LIE who used to type as 8w7 for a long time. It looks like being ENTx alone gives you a higher 7 score. Eventually he realized that 8w9 technically fit him better. He can be outwardly calm. 8w7 is usually bursting with energy and is not concerned with peace or harmony as much. 8w9 is more monk-like.
    Well, Olimpia, I’m old as fuck, wiser than I used to be, and I’ve frankly won most of my battles. So I probably appear to be more laid back. But honestly, when something threatens me, I go for the jugular without a second thought, before I even realize what I’m doing. And I try to damp down this reaction because it is seriously counterproductive.

I’ll post a link to my enneagram test results in a few hours when I’m on a computer and not a phone. Lots of E7, not much e9. https://i.imgur.com/3mOhO76.jpg

Plus, the description of the e9 as being slow to anger just isn’t me. You don’t see this because I have some seconds to compose and respond. IRL, I’m right there and it really is counterproductive. I don’t like to lose control of myself or of the interaction that I’m building.

I want to accomplish things which require the voluntary buy-in of talented people. Being a badass is fine for loners in the Wild West, not so useful in a technology business. Maybe being an 8w7 has been useful in initiating the business, and in keeping it going, keeping it advancing, but it is not useful when you are trying to get people to work with you because they will become larger in the process.

If you want and need the best from people, you want them to be active advancers themselves, and this entails giving them power. Giving them agency. Making them the badasses. Or, more accurately, collaborate agents who can work with others to get what they want.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-24-2019 at 03:19 PM.