Quote Originally Posted by waddup View Post
This is a problem for early 20 somethings.

Basically you just put yourself out there in whatever your environment entails. One thing will lead to the next, a chance encounter, who knows. Over thinking it is stupid. Its an age thing. You don;t get to do socionics until you are "in" socionics. Otherwise it will be like astrology and you will just feel miserable and dissatisfied. How do you know the introvert is passed over by the extrovert? Because you read it in an online article, and now you will let that colour your awareness of reality before your eyes?
It's probably true that this is more of a problem with younger people, we have less experience and have more room to grow and develop, socially.

....But, to explain my point - Honestly, I've had a harder time getting close to ILEs over all other types (even my conflictors - the irony!). tbh I've never had an ILE attracted to me for my natural SEI-ness - the only one who initiated a friendship did it when I was using lots of Ti and being overly analytical (he even said "you seem like a very calculating, logical person"). When I try to talk to them, it's harder to interest them than any other type. They don't seem to consciously value Fe or Si, even though I've really tried to address their concerns and needs with it. It actually has been my experience that ILEs pass over SEIs.

I'm not saying this is what always happens, in fact I really hope this is not what usually happens! I'm just going off of what I've experienced, and this article happens to confirm it.

So yes, genuine advice from people who've had experience in this area, is very much appreciated.