Thread: Fi PoLR - Misunderstood

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    It helps if both sides do that

Again, I don't know the specific details. Was he hitting you regularly to get a laugh at your expense even if you were protesting?

Note: The misunderstanding is mutual, feelers don't understand logical types more easily either
    I'm speaking in general, not about any specific situation.
    If someone stole money from you, continually, on purpose, not - thought it was their's, not - thought they could borrow it, but knew it was your money and they took it anyway. They had bad intentions, it's obvious to them what they are doing is wrong to you. So if you bail on the person, they don't have to be a mind reader to know why, they should not be surprised. You don't have to be an F type to know not to steal from your friends. There are somethings that people understand regardless of type.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I'm speaking in general, not about any specific situation.
    If someone stole money from you, continually, on purpose, not - thought it was their's, not - thought they could borrow it, but knew it was your money and they took it anyway. They had bad intentions, it's obvious to them what they are doing is wrong to you. So if you bail on the person, they don't have to be a mind reader to know why, they should not be surprised. You don't have to be an F type to know not to steal from your friends. There are somethings that people understand regardless of type.
    Stealing is such a basic example - it's not even legal. It's the most basic morality really. What I was talking about was not about such obvious basics. And I've seen feelers majorly misunderstand intents on more nuanced stuff. That to them is "obvious" but in actuality it requires mind reading.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stealing is such a basic example - it's not even legal. It's the most basic morality really. What I was talking about was not about such obvious basics. And I've seen feelers majorly misunderstand intents on more nuanced stuff. That to them is "obvious" but in actuality it requires mind reading.
    You originally quoted me on something saying it was unreasonable because it requires mindreading. What you quoted me on was talking about basic morality that is obvious to most people.

And that's my whole point, that there's a basic morality anybody could understand regardless of type, that doesn't require mind reading. So whatever you are talking about is not what I originally was talking about when you quoted me. I'm talking about basic shit people already know is wrong to do, and why they shouldn't be surprised if someone decides to ditch them for doing that.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You originally quoted me on something saying it was unreasonable because it requires mindreading. What you quoted me on was talking about basic morality that is obvious to most people.

And that's my whole point, that there's a basic morality anybody could understand regardless of type, that doesn't require mind reading. So whatever you are talking about is not what I originally was talking about when you quoted me. I'm talking about basic shit people already know is wrong to do, and why they shouldn't be surprised if someone decides to ditch them for doing that.
    What you said originally was: "That's what I was thinking after I read the responses also. I had an ILE roomate who occasionaly would ask me things like "So I'm you're best friend right?" "Where do I rank on your friend's list?" ( I know that sounds weird but in the context of the convo it wasn't). Like he had to check in with me because he wanted to know. At the time it was strange for me because I cudn't understand how he did not know considering the "vibe" between us. And that's what I mean't when I said Fi PoLR can do screwed up things to you and still ask things like "We are best friends right?" thinking you are still gonna like them after the completely screwed up thing they did, which blows my mind."

"Yes and they look at me like "We're not friends anymore....?" sad look. Like wtf it's not my fault ur an asshat, they should have seen that coming. But my guess is Fi PoLR can't really see how their actions influence the relationship or something? Or where the relationship stands if the F is silent, which makes sense except treating someone like shit and not knowing they are gonna bail on you (even if they never say anything about how you treat them) is kinda like....how do you not see that coming? But it's probably all the nature of the PoLR."

Are you trying to say then that Fi PoLRs just steal and do other really basic shit like that and not understand that stealing is wrong?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Yes and they look at me like "We're not friends anymore....?" sad look. Like wtf it's not my fault ur an asshat, they should have seen that coming. But my guess is Fi PoLR can't really see how their actions influence the relationship or something? Or where the relationship stands if the F is silent, which makes sense except treating someone like shit and not knowing they are gonna bail on you (even if they never say anything about how you treat them) is kinda like....how do you not see that coming? But it's probably all the nature of the PoLR."

Are you trying to say then that Fi PoLRs just steal and do other really basic shit like that and not understand that stealing is wrong?
    Nope. I'm haven't said anything about Fi PoLR or T types not knowing whats wrong or right. You're saying some of it's not obvious to T types what's obvious to F. Which sure, such is the nature of types in general.

What I was talking about is having Fi PoLR friends who knew what they did to me was wrong and were surprised that I didn't want to hang out with them anymore. And pouting about it. No mind reading needed since they know.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 04-25-2020 at 11:29 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. I'm haven't said anything about Fi PoLR or T types not knowing whats wrong or right. You're saying some of it's not obvious to T types what's obvious to F. Which sure, such is the nature of types in general.

What I was talking about is having Fi PoLR friends who knew what they did to me was wrong and were surprised that I didn't want to hang out with them anymore. And pouting about it. No mind reading needed since they know.
    I'm not convinced they really knew like you would assume looking at the situation through your own lenses of perception. Unless you do mean they were stealing or other such really basic shit that literally everyone knows about. All in all, what you are talking about is either "they stole from me so they knew they did wrong but they acted like surprised" OR "they didn't steal from me but did less obvious wrong stuff so they did not know it upset you deeply and so they are surprised"

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not convinced they really knew like you would assume looking at the situation through your own lenses of perception. Unless you do mean they were stealing or other such really basic shit that literally everyone knows about. All in all, what you are talking about is either "they stole from me so they knew they did wrong but they acted like surprised" OR "they didn't steal from me but did less obvious wrong stuff so they did not know it upset you deeply and so they are surprised"
    Since you brought it up multiple times, I feel like your looking at what I'm saying through the bias of knowing feelers who have misunderstood your or someones intentions. Consider that I'm not all the people you've met before me and that what I'm telling you is at face value. They did something wrong, knew it was wrong, and were surprised I didn't like them anymore. Don't know how to get more clear than that. I'm done.