Quote Originally Posted by Waddles W
I see the names as an intuitive way of generalizing the two dichotomies of what they see perception as: Time(passage of things) and Space(things, thing that hold things)
True I'm probably just being too nitpicky.

From on intuitive perspective I feel I have a decent understanding of what they mean by time. Maybe it will occur to you in some way similar to as it has occured for me.I know one can claim its "subjective" and all of this, but these same arguments can be applied to socionics in general, but yet here we are, spending alot of our time reading about it and looking into it as something real and tangible. Perhaps the titles are more geared toward overarching intuition than concrete formulas.
I think I understand the time concept I just don't like it to be tied to physical properties for various reasons.

all is one, its just the angle you enter the system from).
Or all is nothing or all is in terms of some vaiable X that we do not have a grasp of as of yet. I tihnk the latter.

Lately I have been putting alot of thought into this and sometimes it is difficult to put my thoughts into words, but i am sure that I am making alot of headway now- things are really starting to connect for me. I am really starting to 'see it'. For me it always comes in a cloud.
Yeah it is a very intuitive thing I just dunno how to explain it/make statements about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
Space is the opposite of all this. Static, "as is", and focused. High resolution to determine all the current qualities.
This is why I don't like these terms because space is not like that according to quantum physics. Also there is no space without energy.

Matter is the tangible, concrete things. Kind of like the space thing. Needs focus, and concentration (just like actual "organized thought", logic.)

Energy is the intangibles. Kind of like the time thing. Needs unfocused mental energy (to "see the forest from the trees" since social interaction is based, not on one thing, but on a "general picture".)
Ok I will say this I hav enoted the same correlation between N and F and T and S. I think that is part of why NFs are so spacey and weird while the STs are stuck in blocks of concrete mentally.

I believe what Serge Ganin says that Intertype Relations are the hard backbone of socionics and they can never be wrong.
Ok now this is what attracted me to socionics in the first place the IF THIS THEN THIS aspect and I believe we can't lost that or it will devolve into nothingness.