0 0%

Thread: Courtney Love

Hybrid View

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually kind of like the Girl, Interrupted movie. I agree, SLE-Se 7w8 sx/sp for Angelina Jolie's character makes a lot of sense. I'm leaning towards IEI-Fe 4w5 sx/sp for myself, although I could be wrong about at least part of that. In some ways, although not really/entirely realistically, that movie reminded me a bit of my times in psychiatric institutions/rehabilitation places as an adolescent. Of course the most memorable being the place I was for about three months, where you just stayed there for the week and went home on the weekend. There was this girl there, who arrived there about a month after I did, and who was probably the same type as Angelina Jolie's character in Girl, Interrupted and Courtney Love: SLE-Se 7w8 sx/sp.

Madonna as a 3 makes sense I think. Courtney Love once said something about Madonna's blind ambition or something. Unfortunately, I can't find that (original) article from the '90s. Of course Courtney Love and Madonna probably have more in common then they'd like to think, although Madonna has probably perceived Courtney Love as being crazy. I think Madonna wanted to sign Courtney Love's band to her label circa 1994 I think, or around then, maybe even earlier . . . I don't know. Anyway, Courtney Love didn't want to, she went with Geffen and the rest is history. That didn't really work out in the end, but Live Through This is a brilliant album. It would've probably been weird if it was released through Madonna's label.

Here's an article I found (it's anti-Courtney), yet has some interesting quotes:

http://www.chartattack.com/news/2007...-madonna-weak/

'In the course of Love’s rambling missive she labels Madonna, "calculating" and "weak as an artist." . . . "Hard work and major discipline doesn’t equal great art and all of those are great things — I covet them. I have great discipline and do work like a bionic thing," wrote Love in typically incoherent fashion.'

Regarding Courtney Love as SEE (and/or an Fi type) one of the only things that makes that seem potentially plausible is that she adores, idolizes, and has been influenced by Bob Dylan (who some type ESI). Yet that doesn't necessarily prove anything. I like Yukio Mishima (who some type LIE) and Fyodor Dostoevsky (who many type EII) and I'm probably not an Fi type. If Mishima and Dostoevsky really are ENTj and INFj respectively, then I'd probably feel really sad (more than I already do) if I had to live in a purely Fe/Ti world. Being Fe-INFp doesn't mean one can't appreciate Fi.... and even being Fi-PoLR doesn't mean that one cannot appreciate forms of Fi (usually from one's supervisor) .... I guess that may be another reason why Courtney Love makes more sense as an Se-ESTp (as opposed to a Ti-ESTp) if Bob Dylan is Se-ISFj.

I was wondering, if Courtney Love said things like "when I was in school I was really shy" and "I was so quiet. I was the quietest person . . ." then (if she is Se-ESTp) is she more likely to be, say, the Harmonizing subtype, or can she still be the Creative or Dominant subtype? This subtype thing kind of confuses me because I've seen stuff on the16types that would say Se-ESTp is Creative or Dominant and Ti-ESTp is Normalizing or Harmonizing, while on wikisocion for example a description that can be found under Se-ESTp is also used to describe the Harmonizing subtype on a different page.

E minor (Cancer)

"You should learn when to go/You should learn how to say 'No' . . . When they get what they want and they never want it again . . . Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to . . . Yeah, I'm the one with no soul . . . Go on, take everything, take everything, I dare you to/I told you from the start just how this would end/When I get what I want and I never want it again"

This is probably one of the only Hole songs my Mom (sort of) likes--"Best Sunday Dress" [I think at least part of it was originally written by Kat Bjelland (must've been that 'chamber music' band they had a long time ago). [Of course if one were to describe it more accurately, the original "Best Sunday Dress" was more just a collaborative effort between Kat Bjelland and Courtney Love in their band at the time -- Pagan Babies.] Strong Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks influence. Most of the lyrics are Courtney's (I'm assuming). Since there are extra lyrics/passages that weren't in the Pagan Babies original version then it's safe to say that Eric Erlandson also contributed to a bit of the music as well on this one.]
    A minor (Sagittarius) [from what I remember]

" . . . And I walk straight into this mess of mine . . . Watching you burn . . . Watch me with his sorrow/Forgive me all his pain/And I've come here to confess/To the wind and the rain and the glorious fame/And I've come here all undressed/For the numb and the dumb all say the name that you burn . . . Take him to the river/Forgive us all his pain . . . I'm coming undone/He comes from the coal mine/I see you shine like a diamond and curse us all goodnight/And I put on my best sunday dress/And I walk straight into this mess of mine/And I come here all undressed/For the poison and pain and you take what is mine/That you burn . . . Take me to his sorrow/Forgive us all his pain . . . Watching you burn . . ."
    Last edited by HERO; 09-03-2012 at 10:45 AM.