Thread: Miley Cyrus

Threaded View

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introduction: Jonathan Ross and her have a very strained interview going on. It sort of descends into him calling her the scariest person he has ever met. And him just backing off from her more and more. The more she presses him with Fe the further he backs off.

Cyrus:"HELLooO
    Ross:"I just got to tell everyone, you are the scariest person I have ever met".

Interview is over:
    Ross: "You will see her in a minute" [Helen Miriam]
    Cyrus: "Have fun with Helen" points finger at Ross.
    Ross: "That sounds like an order"
    Cyrus: "I really like Helen, give her a hug for me"
    Ross "you really don't want to go do you?"
    Cyrus: "I don't, Ok a-whoo, see ya!"
    Quickly gets up and walks off.

Clearly Cyrus is comfortable with attention grabbing extroverted ethics. I almost feel a little bit sorry for her in the interview, because Ross seems to, over the course of their conversation, come to find Cyrus tiresome. Cyrus either seems dense to that interplay, or else totally unconcerned. She does make kids shows and maybe that over "expressional" actor habits have carried into her real personality. She just seems like a kid who has been invited to sit at the grow-ups table.

I think It would be good to point out first she seems to have an Ej temperament. I've seen several interview now as well as Hanna Montanna (don't ask) and I think its easy to say of Cyrus that she is:

• proactive
    • restless
    • difficult to relax unless tired
    • walk tends to be quick-paced and "purposeful", as well as stiff
    • "calmly energetic" with few intense variations in the level of energy during the day
    • inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods

EJs are both dynamic and rational, so they see reality as in continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. At the same time, an EJ has his own views of what reality "should" be. This inclines him to be quick to take action, normally using his leading function, in order to make sure things will remain, or become, as they should be, before change can get too far.
    The way reality "should" be for Miley seems to have Fe flavour, her base function. I will discuss this in a minute.

As to being an intuitive, she seems to lack mannerisms and thinking patterns that place herself, events, or other people in chronology. She doesn't have that inner narrative that flows into prophetic explanations that Ni creatives usually posses. Even uneducated, inarticulate ones have a certain power of observational characteristics.

Cyrus just seems to lack any "weight" in her dialogues, everything she says is all so surface, even if she is discussing "deeper" matters. There is no sense of "vision", no EIE "touchiness". I think just this fact alone one could tick off her being an EIE. Although, personally I find EIE to be a little abrasive especially when they are very confident, I find Cyrus's brand of abrasiveness is just lacking potency. I think she is an sensing type.

I don't notice an introverted feeler here either. When Ross asks her about her Father and hints that the conversation could go somewhere a little "deeper", Cyrus doesn't seem to run with this line of thinking at all. She agrees with Ross about his assessment of her Father, but only cursory, as if interpersonal analysis is just an "ignored" consideration (kind of like a super-id function? unconscious "take-it-or-leave it" yet ignored?)

I guess people insist of the SEE route for Miley, but I find her lack of absorption in introverted feeling topics to be indicate that she is preoccupied with other considerations. She doesn't seem like a person adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. At least not in the interview I posted. Rather, she goes for establishing excitement, interest, liveliness in the conversation. She pushes the boundaries of socially acceptable and in doing so is setting new horizons as what people are allowed to say and do. Think "twerking".

For example, when she stands up and does the little dance, unprompted by Ross, she becomes slightly dismayed that Ross didn't join her in the excitement immediately. Unperturbed, she insists he does the dance anyway. Ross does it because she is so insisting but doesn't seem appreciative of the little dance what-so-ever, even if it made people laugh. The whole point here is that she is attempting to move the interaction in a direction of her choosing and that direction is one of expressive involvement and participation.

Where are the strong sentiments and anti-pathies? Where are the discussion and exploration in one's own inner feelings regarding other people? These are considered Fi socionics canon. She always, in every interview I have seen has instead discusses her own sentiments and feelings that are focused on herself. She always seems.......I hate to use the word selfish because of the negative connotations, but has a certain amount of self-centerdness. At the very least I doubt she is a Fi base individual.

There is a child like enthusiasm in her personality, and a strong, confident presence. She seems very grounded in the here and now. This is a woman who knows what she is doing and knows how to get others to participate by Fe means. I would put her in the sensory feeler club.

As to the her Se behavior, I would have to agree with everyone's observations that Se is not her weak function. I could agree with Forum members, like Nyx, her Se behavior seems neurotic. Then again, I wouldn't use that word. Could it possibly be said that her Se is demonstrative? On demonstrative Se:

The individual is able to be convincingly commanding, tough, challenging, or confrontational for brief periods of time without taking himself too seriously, as a sort of show or game.
    Of course these are not all the factors needed for a final word. Typology is a simplistic means of interpreting complex phenomena. I would say that with all these considerations, it wouldn't be far reaching to speculate Cyrus is an sensory feeler, possibly ESFj. As far a subtype I suppose she could be Fe-ESE. It is (at first) difficult to imagine Cyrus as an ESE if she was compared to lets say a ESE like Sally Field, yet I think there are striking similarities there as well.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e=ESE_subtypes

All the things Fe-ESE Cyrus could say and do happens in that Jonathan Ross interview. She is very expressive, withstands pressure, very scattered, straight-forward. Other quotes to describe Fe subtypes from the wiki:

Obstinate and pig-headed when significant questions are directed towards them; because of this they appear to show excessive persistence. Try to be serious, restrained and polite in dialogue, but often render strong emotional pressure upon those that challenge their point of view.
    Is behaviour not exactly portrayed almost verbatim by Cyrus between her and Jonathan?

(Some of the interplay maybe cultural. With British understated wit being favoured over American candor and brashness.) (Then again, probably not)

On the other hand I think a good case could also be made for SLE if people want to compare Cyrus to let's say other SLE woman such as Rachel Ray (commonly typed as an SLE), or Pink. Still something about that typing just seems "off". She is forceful and commanding, much like an SLE, but then I think that's as far as the similarities reach.

Recaping: Fe valued; Ej temperament; not Ni creative; not Fi creative; SF club; demonstrative Se; desire to have others participate (Alpha inclusiveness); child-like enthusiasm; possibly a SLE, but beyond being forceful, this sociotype seems unlikely; not the sensory subtype ESE

Conlusion:
    Miley Cyrus possible Fe-ESFj.

Last edited by wacey; 01-23-2015 at 04:43 AM.