Threaded View

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Patrick Swayze

quotes:

What winning is to me is not giving up, is no matter what's thrown at me, I can take it. And I can keep going.

I found that dance was key to keeping depression out of my life. When you dance, things just go away, things don't seem so bad. There's no better way to take care of health than through something as joyous and beautiful as dance.

You can imagine me as a kid growing up in redneck Texas with ballet shoes, tucking the violin under my arm. I had to fight my way up.

Good-looking people turn me off. Myself included.

You know, I am a Leo. Lion is a giant part of me.

I keep dreaming of a future, a future with a long and healthy life, not lived in the shadow of cancer but in the light.

There's just something about dance ... It's like a primal thing in all of us.

The way to screw up somebody's life is to give them what they want.

Pain don't hurt.

I think what creates a winner is a person who can connect with their partner - another human being.. connect with their soul.

I like to believe that I've got a lot of guardian warriors sittin' on my shoulder including my dad.

If I leave this Earth, I want to leave this Earth just knowing I've tried to give something back and tried to do something worthwhile with myself.

When those you love die, the best you can do is honor their spirit for as long as you live. You make a commitment that you're going to take whatever lesson that person or animal was trying to teach you, and you make it true in your own life... it's a positive way to keep their spirit alive in the world, by keeping it alive in yourself.” ― Patrick Swayze, The Time of My Life.

Last edited by silke; 08-11-2020 at 11:46 PM. Reason: updated links
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)