I've been scanning the board for a while, and I figured I'd make an introductory thread before I just jumped right in.

First off, I don't buy the VI stuff, but if you can convince me, I might upload a pic or two.

Ok, about me:

I'm pretty social, and I have a wide circle of friends but I don't usually seek out other people or make plans specifically to be with others. I tend to let the action come to me. Most of my classmates would probably say that I'm a bit quiet, but never afraid to give an answer or opinion. I enjoy my solitary time immensly, and I love to read and write, but sometimes I feel like I would be having more fun if I was with other people.

When it comes to my actual social behavior, I feel like I have a few different personas. When you first meet me, I'll always be amicable and polite: I try to make a good first impression, and to give people the benefit of the doubt, in spite of what I may have heard about them. However, once I feel comfortable around you, you'll likely encounter one of two "Me"s: the somewhat tactless, sometimes harsh, always sarcastic, and generally goofy me that I like to put on at parties and in big groups. The other me comes out one-on-one, or in a small group: I can be a bit taciturn, somewhat sluggish, and more reserved and intellectual.

I like to pretend that I know alot more about things than I really do. When I develop a new interest, I tend to go online and research it until I feel like I have a good grasp on whatever "it" is. Once I've got the general premises of an idea down, I can generally infer the rest for myself: when I first became interested in political theory, I read the Wikipedia description of Communism and listened to a few debates, and from just that knowledge I was able to argue it's ups and downs in a forum, even with some of the more learned participants, quickly becoming one of the more active members. However, once greater principles were being argued, my lack of knowledge of Marx himself, the actual events of the

As far as my beliefs go, they're pretty simple: consider everything, discredit nothing. I become livid whenever someone attempts to discredit my ideas or opinions before they've heard the whole story. Although deep down somewhere I hold a personal preference for a belief philanthropy and general kindness, I don't let it intefere with the views that I argue, and I always try to remain objective and unbiased, even if it's sometimes against my natural inclinations.

My mother is an ESTj, and my father an INFj. My mother and I get along pretty well for the most part, but once in a while we have little tiffs over silly things (usually either me being rediculous or her being stubborn, or a mix of the two with alot of miscommunication). My father and I are close, but somehow distant. It's hard for us to maintain a conversation. He is always asking me to try to understand my mother when we have our little fights, because he seems to think that most of the problems stem from a lack of understanding between the two of us.

Is there anything else you might like to know in an attempt to type me? I've been typed before, but I want a bias-free diagnosis for once.