Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
Rocky,

Ni and Se go together...one perceiving the concrete stimulus from the outside world, the other the inner abstract.
Ne and Si go together...one perceiving the abstract stimulus from the outside world, the other the inner concrete.

We have Se as Experiencing, and Si as Recalling, in order to figure out Ni and Ne, we need to consider how each works with its partner.
I noticed that I had made a mistake in an earlier post. I am currently using "Envisioning" for Ni. I have used "Brainstorming" for Ne, but "Generating" feels better (for now), however, it's more important to me to consider how the Se/Ni and Ne/Si work together.
Ne - Scanning
Depending on Processing Style, one may scan for harmony in abstracts/concrete, scan for systems for abstracts/concrete, scan for categories/analysis (abstract/concrete) or scan for values (topical type values not ethical type values)

For example...
ENTP scans for systems/formulas and analyzes them.
INTJ Scans for categories/analysis and formulates them.
ISTP Recalls categories/analysis and formulates them and later scans for matches/mismatches of those formulas.
ENFP style scans for matches/mismatches (initially in almost anything) and later recalls categories/analysis.
etc.

The essense is...
Se Experiences, Ni Envisions (may need a better term)
Ne Scans, Si Recalls