TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    That's a paradox, isn't it?
    I feel completely uncomfortable if I get attention, still I always seem to get loads of attention just because I'm having fun....

I probably should learn to not dislike attention. Is that possible?
    i'm not sure if it's possible to learn to not like it, not sure how one would even go about doing that..

for myself, the only reason why dancing is an exception is because i'm usually having just too damned much fun to care...either that or some of the people who wouldn't normally be having fun or having fun with me so it makes it worthwhile to me.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    So "do your thing, your way" and attention will not be a problem?
    i could never say that it won't be a problem because situations and circumstances can vary wildly, including the kind of attention one is getting, heh

but in general, yeah, if i'm doing it my way, and am having fun and/or am being successful at it, then yeah, the attention (good or bad) doesn't mean as much to me.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is true for me. If I catch my reflection in a store window or something I usually surprise myself by either looking so outgoing (is that me? I don't smile that big!) Or, by being overly quiet (wow, that person looks introverted). There are just a lot of sides to ENFps that make up the whole.

I've had people say I'm the most outgoing person they've known, or the quietest/shyest, depending on the situations they saw me in. And people have said I look like a different person in every picture, which is kinda true as my mood changes ever 20 seconds and exactly what I'm thinking shows up on my face (is this true of other ENFps?).

But I'd definitely say there are two sides there, neither better than the other. I've seen this in other ENFps too, especially the guys. That loud social side and that really quiet aloof one.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my ego was tied to being seen as interesting, fun, inventive and funny and that had a big influence on my behavior. I was so tired of trying to be on for other people and not getting much back in return. I decided to give myself permission to drop it and just be a normal person, even if that meant being boring or unnoticed. I usually accept other people just as I find them so I decided to accept myself the same way. It may sound silly to someone who is ISTP that anyone would have a problem with trying to not respond to everyone around them but ENFPs are hypersensitive to others and that can leave them feeling divided inside. I feel a lot more stable and relaxed now that I dont feel that way but I had to consciously practice it and still do sometimes.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.