Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoodoo View Post
I think so too. Google searches with accounts from people in his prison say he was reclusive, in his head all the time, and does not like talking to people, despite being in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.

I just can't believe (though I shouldn't) the CIA was involved in messing with his head. It wouldn't surprise me if they were a big catalyst in making him the unabomber. I really kind of feel bad for him. He wasn't properly socialized in his youth and everything that followed in his adulthood made things worse. Did you know he's a virgin? And he's been in solitary confinement for his life in prison. So he has been effectively completely isolated from humanity when that was arguably what screwed him up to begin with. I know his victims would probably completely disagree with me, but it just doesn't seem right. But I guess that's life.

Yes, it almost certainly caused it. MK Ultra thing. This was somewhat common in those days. Use college kids for psych experiments without ethics. Like the Stanford Prison and Milgram experiments.

Kant, Newton and Tesla died virgins too.

You mentioned you watched the Netflix series. I never saw that one. My info is coming from a series from Discovery Channel. Netflix got the rights to it later though and it streamed it though so we probably saw the same one. Definitely worth watching imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt:_Unabomber

lol. the infamous pic of him is not even him. this case was bungled so bad.

. Manhunt: Unabomber, a new Discovery series that retraces the investigation, makes the claim that the Utah woman who described the Unabomber to Boylan was actually recalling another sketch artist who allegedly drew a different composite years prior. Over time, the show says, their faces blended together in her mind. "She was remembering remembering the Unabomber," says Sam Worthington, who plays FBI profiler James Fitzgerald. "She had spent — think about it — three seconds looking at the Unabomber, but she spent the whole afternoon with [the artist]."