Quote Originally Posted by Republicus

A) …does the ENFp engage in fantasies of new romantic possibilities while being emotionally engaged in a relationship?
B) …does the ENFp pursue new romantic possibilities while being emotionally engaged a relationship?
C) …when engaged in a relationship, but unhappy with it, does the ENFp seek new relationships before the current one has formally ended?

Most importantly. If yes to any of these, is this not contrary to their character?
I can only speak for myself:
A) very rarely, and only if the relationship is going through extremely rough times (and I mean the kind of rough times that would make anyone think about divorce). And I agree with Kim - don't all types do that?
B) No.
C) No.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
I agree with Aaron: We come across as flirtateous even when we are just friendly. We smile, chat, stop, listen, etc.
That sounds plausible. And it isn't really an ENFP issue. It used to happen a lot to an ISFP friend of mine. In her case the problem was that she's really good at remembering names and things people told her about themselves, so when she meets people she'll ask things like: "And how did your exams go?" etc. A lot of guys used to misinterpret this.