Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
The thing to realize about Positive/Process types is that they are negative and critical at the moment they first come in contact with a situation. They first see a problem and only then manifest fanatical optimism towards solving the problem.

Negative/Result types are the opposite. They go out of their way to find a way to interpret their first contact with a situation in a positive light, but they formulate their deeper reflections of it in terms of a problem.
Without even getting caught up too much with the socionics details, that's a very useful dichotomy to see in interactions between people. I know I heavily identity with seeing a problem then manifesting fanatical optimism towards solving it... in fact I'm constantly doing this, sometimes it's "potential problems".... I'll see it and feel compelled to point these out.... I find to some people this is the grand offenses of all offenses.... they get mad at me and I'm left without any sense of movement towards a resolution, and usually I drudge along for a while feeling low becoming obsessed with the problem until I feel some hope. It's horrible really, gahh..... but I'd think if people started to just realize these differences between each other it could be better.