Yes, this is my first post. But I've been intrigued greatly by this entire site - especially since you all seem to have a bit of awesomeness in ye - so here's to attempting to type each other.

I, about 2 years ago, took an online test based upon the Meyers-Briggs personality theory-etc, and the first time I took it I checked as an INFJ. Perhaps 9 months later, I took it again. I came as an INTJ, but it said that the 't' wasn't extremely strong compared to 'f'. I suppose some of the questions I'd changed one or two of my answers to.

Anyway, recently a family member has come to me and said he thinks I'm an INTJ. He's ENT(J), functioning more as a P in my opinion. However, I insisted that INFJ was my type.

My proof:

1) Yes, extro-feeling means I feel more strongly than I think. But I do not like to show people my feelings - he states it's because I'm a T, I state it's because I've had bad experiences with sharing my feelings. As the main site says, 'The personality disorder which is a pathological representation of the Sensitive personality type is the Avoidant Personality Disorder.' ... which runs on a basis of 'I may get hurt', and thus I avoid possibilities of getting hurt. If I've been emotionally hurt talking to people and sharing my feelings, I could logically be functioning as a T because of APD.
2) He does not know what I feel. I do feel strongly, but he doesn't see it. Over the last year, much has happened to make me even more reserved. He thinks I act confident and self-assured. It's just a wall, I suppose, because I never feel confident or self-assured. Maybe it's because I have a ridiculous inability to understand how people see me.

His proof:

1) I never talk about my feelings. Well, yes, I don't really talk about my feelings - in real life. I can talk about them much better online, because I don't like opening up to people face-to-face.
2) I don't tell anyone if I feel hurt or sad or depressed or melancholy, and I tend to react more with my thinking than I do with my feelings. It's true, I don't stand for illogicality in someone's thought process.

He says that I might also be a P, because I like to be informed on decisions. But I consider myself a J because I make decisions strongly when I do make them, which is fairly often and quickly.

> the ratio of close friends online as opposed to real life is about 5:1. considering I don't call very many people 'friends' online, much less in real life, you might see that.
> i cannot make phone calls, it's fairly impossible for me.
> i have been told that I am rather good at writing; I have won awards for short story writing. the only odd thing about people's reactions to what I write is either this: 'abstract! we can't understand!' or 'trouble connecting things together'.
> I have, as I said, ridiculously low self-esteem.

Alright, so type me!