I was looking at the subtypes for ENFP & ISTP and noticed that even within these dual pairs, certain subtypes seem most complimentary.

Looking at my own experiences (as an Ne subtype), I've had smooth interactions with 4 Si-ISTp's and 'difficult' interactions with 2 Te-ISTp's. My oldest son is an Si-ISTp and we get along like all of the the dual descriptions propose we should. I wasn't aware that I had been experiencing duality all these years. I strongly suspect my father is also an Si-ISTp - he and my son are almost identical. I have to wonder if that's part of the reason why I keep attracting ISTp's, almost without fail. I have practice?

The Ne-ENFp + Si-ISTp pair seems mutually laid back, thoughtful, with shared sensory and 'aesthetic' interests. There is a heavy internal focus with a greater need to share their thoughts and conclusions about things. There is more focus here on mental/emotional processing of experiences in order to "understand" than with the other pair. They experience together, then process together.

The Fi-ENFp + Te-ISTp pair seems to have a shared drive toward excitement and activity. There is less internal focus and less need to share their internal responses (which may feel burdensome for the other). Keeping things 'light' and active appears to be the greater preference here. Both of these subtypes probably maintain a wider circle of aquaintainces and therefore have less difficulty with 'time expectations' of the other.

What do you think?