Having tried something like the "apple" game in the Alpha forum (Ti ONLY thread), I have to concur that it's hard to get it to work online as intended (although interesting ideas were expressed). However, I've thought of an experiment I believe could be very interesting and educational online.

Here's how it works:

Let's analyze each other's writing from a Socionics perspective, and also discuss the appropriate techniques for linguistic analysis. What I'm thinking about goes beyond just typical Ti or Fi phrases or whatever, and beyond just mentioning one "main" function. I'm talking about the whole structure of the discourse...the grammar, the way the sentences go together, the thoughts expressed...all from a Socionics perspective. And again, not just "oh, that sounds Ti," but getting deeper into a complete model of the discourse. In addition, it would be interesting to discuss sound methods for linguistic analysis.

What I like in particular is that this doesn't need to be linked with statements about what type a person "is" (although why the discourse may appear to be different from what type we perceive a person "is" is in itself an interesting discussion we could get into).

Past discussions on type have gotten quite heated and less productive when they ran into the "I know myself better than you know me, and I'm this type" conundrum. But if we focus on linguistic analysis, we can be objective, pointing to specific structures in people's writing.

And it could be fun knowing that any comment that's analyzing someone else's discourse could also be analyzed as well.

For a starting point, analyze *this*.

Anyhow, let's see if anyone's willing to play...