View Poll Results: Marilyn Monroe's type?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE

0 0%
  • SEI

2 6.90%
  • ESE

0 0%
  • LII

0 0%
  • SLE

1 3.45%
  • IEI

15 51.72%
  • EIE

0 0%
  • LSI

0 0%
  • LIE

0 0%
  • ESI

2 6.90%
  • SEE

3 10.34%
  • ILI

0 0%
  • LSE

0 0%
  • EII

3 10.34%
  • IEE

3 10.34%
  • SLI

0 0%

Thread: Marilyn Monroe

Threaded View

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Marilyn Monroe

Type?

quotes:

The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was....

I've been on a calendar, but never on time.

I restore myself when I'm alone. A career is born in public — talent in privacy.

Hollywood's a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss, and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents.

A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night.

I think that when you are famous every weakness is exaggerated. … Goethe said, "Talent is developed in privacy," you know? And it's really true. … Creativity has got to start with humanity and when you're a human being, you feel, you suffer. You're gay, you're sick, you're nervous or whatever.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she'll conquer the world.

First, I'm trying to prove to myself that I'm a person. Then maybe I'll convince myself that I'm an actress.

When you're famous you kind of run into human nature in a raw kind of way. It stirs up envy, fame does. People you run into feel that, well, who does she think she is, Marilyn Monroe? They feel fame gives them some kind of privilege to walk up to you and say anything to you, of any kind of nature — and it won't hurt your feelings — like it's happening to your clothes not you.

Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.

People had a habit of looking at me as if I were some kind of mirror instead of a person. They didn't see me, they saw their own lewd thoughts, then they white-masked themselves by calling me the lewd one. ... When it comes down to it. I let people think what they want. And if they care enough to bother with what I do, I already know I'm better than them.

I'm a failure as a woman. My men expect so much of me, because of the image they've made of me — and that I've made of myself — as a sex symbol. They expect bells to ring and whistles to whistle, but my anatomy is the same as any other woman's and I can't live up to it.

Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship.

Last edited by silke; 09-15-2017 at 03:24 AM. Reason: updated links