Thread: Being stuck in your leading function

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Being stuck in your leading function

I've noticed that whenever I stumble across a person who is stuck in themselves (that is, easily predictable, repetitive, etc.) that there are two primary ways in which they seem to be stuck, and it has to do with whether they are a judger or a perceiver. (I hate the terms rational -irrational. Very undescriptive.)

Judgers get stuck in their judgements, pretty straightforward. They think they know, which can be amusing to watch, but very boring and repetitive after a while.

Perceivers get stuck in their self-identity. It's hard for a J to get a P stuck this way out of their rut. Whenever you try to challenge their identity they usually take it as a personal attack and turn it around on you. They cannot seem to escape themselves.

Anyone else notice this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro
    Perceivers get stuck in their self-identity.
    Could you explain this a little more, please? What exactly do you mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me that perceivers tend to model their self-identity based more upon their interactions with others. What I mean by self-identity is one's own conception of oneself, which is always just a crude functional model of the self itself. (the description is not the described)

To be stuck in one's self-identity then is to have a too-rigid description of oneself. This inflexibility leads to fragility, and thus the need to defend it against anyone who presents a differing view or simply relate to them in a different manner. This is especially true of introverted perceivers who tend to personalize their perceptions in the reflection of the mirror others hold up to them. Extroverted perceivers are less fragile in this regard, though they are more susceptible to the "general opinion".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is VERY interesting....