...and people actually do call her Duckie.

This is a self-description:
My name is [...]. Some people call me Duckie. I live every day like it's Saturday. I write poetry. I argue. I get under your skin any way i can. I make you question yourself. I live for music and friends. I live for Christ. Screw you if you don't get it. I like wearing sleeves. I like Zumiez. I like hookah. I photograph, and I judge those who think they can. I like to figure people out. I don't put forth an effort if I don't want to. In fact, I don't do anything unless I want to.
She hates being controlled or caged, so she requires a pretty long leash (speaking from the perspective of a supervisor). She'll be cuddly and claiming the privileges of closeness one moment, then off chasing a new scent of fun the next. (She's a bit unreliable in that regard, which has annoyed me - I prefer a bit more certainty and stability in affections.) She's sharp, both in mental abilities and tongue. She tends to put herself in a higher, superior position (which can be grating). She complains a lot (often about stuff that I think should be really easy to fix - like problems with others). Her opinions are strong, and she tends to think negatively of other people. She adores being unconventional, but at the same time I can tell she craves normalcy and acceptance.

She likes the ironic and the seemingly-random-but-there's-really-a-connection-if-you're-"smart"-or-"in"-enough-to-know-where-it-lies, and has a taste for the more well-thought-out fantasies - Hitchhiker's Guide and Lord of the Rings are good examples, the books more than the movies. She's got a poetic bent, too, wherein she expresses strong emotion, and is an artistic photographer (she's got strong opinions about that, too - what constitutes a good photo).

Despite her abrasive qualities, I feel a sort of tolerant, mother-like affection for her. She has a lot of hurts and I like to act as a sort of salve when I can. And I do usually enjoy how her mind works, especially her ability to observe and cleverly comment on funny/unusual ideas.

I've learned that letting her run around as she pleases (not trying in any way to convince her to stay by my side or expecting her to follow through on boring commitments), readily listening to her while avoiding giving advice except the most well-placed and -phrased gems, asking her opinions, and responding warmly to her affectionate episodes seems to be the best way to keep her well-pleased with and trusting me.

From what I can tell, she likes me well enough, and perhaps even respects me (quite an accomplishment, let me assure you). I'm not exciting enough, I think, to maintain her interest, especially when we don't see each other on a regular basis. But when we do happen to be in the same place, she'll sidle up to my side, tightly hug me, tell me she misses me, and cuddle for a bit. I think I calm her, and she likes it, but she can only take so much before she goes to find her other friends to be with.

Opinions?