Thread: IEI - SLE Duality discussion and stories (INFp-ESTp)

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    That hobo has more money than you. I certainly would be more careful about calling him that. Especially from someone living in a country that DEFAULTED on its debt
    Didn't mean to shove my finger up your asshole, no need to get that defensive. oh, powerful SLE! And no, my country's situation is not my fault, I don't think so.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    And no, my country's situation is not my fault, I don't think so.
    Argentina has defaulted on its debt nine times since 1816. It isn't really a fault so much as a strategy. The reason they can keep getting loans from US banks after so many defaults is that the US banks which make these loans are able to get bailed out by the US government.

So is the fault Argentina's? Or does the problem lie with US banks that know they can't lose on the loans they make, because the guys who own the banks also run the US government? The banks get the interest payments from Argentina and then they get compensated for the lost principal by the US taxpayer.

You know, if a bank loaned me money and I defaulted, and then the bank came back the next year with more loan offers and I took the money again and defaulted again, and then the banks came back the third year with more loan offers, I'd be stupid not to take the free money.