I am not sure if many people here are familiar with Jung's concept of the transcendent function, but technically it is considered to be a fifth function that is sort of at a midway point between all of the functions. I suppose if I were to use some of Tchaulldig's [am I spelling this right?] terminology it is technically the function that an XXXX would use as opposed to the other functions. Now, this sort of makes me wonder here about some things, let me explain.

Socionics has 4 Quandras, right? Each quandra has a certain set of functions that they value. For example, let me list the functions that each quandra values.

Alpha:
Beta:
Gamma:
Delta:

Now, according to standard Jungian theory and according to socionics theory both, in order to reach the transcendent function you must learn to use the functions that are weak to you and do not at the same time contradict and weaken your EGO block function. This is why "Dualisation" is considered to be so important in socionics theory, because it strengthens your contrary supplementary weak functions and why your "conflictor" is bad for your health, because your conflictor values functions that are so contrary to your ego block functions that they can not help but tear them apart and weaken them! These are essentially the functions of you Super-EGO and ID block, which you should avoid. You can not reach the transcendent function if you are in a solid unavoidable relationships with your conflictor!!!! However, being in a close relationship with your dual would help you to reach the transcendent function, which is the goal in both Jungian and socionics theory.

In any case ... I do have an interesting question here. Does this mean that there are 4 transcendent functions? One for each Quandra and Quandra values? It would make sense to say that this is the case, unless of course you really do not believe in a thing called types. You can not say that there is one transcendent function, because not everyone values the same functions.

What do you guys think????